Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

CROWD FUNDING: BEFORE YOU INVEST IN ANY, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / CROWD FUNDING: BEFORE YOU INVEST IN ANY, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (704 Views)

What You Need To Know Before You Invest in ibeju lekki property / Earn A Life Time Stream Of Increasing Income When You Invest In Oceanna. / Assurance For You! Invest Today In #christal-villa Queens Court. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CROWD FUNDING: BEFORE YOU INVEST IN ANY, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW by Legalolumoran(m): 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
Whilst some are working around the clock to expend on streams of income, and deliver on investors' returns on investment or even surpass it,

..some may just be preparing people for hot soup, who knows?!

MY ADVICE:

1. Don't invest in the crowd funding portal just because they have a fascinating Instagram page with heartwarming colour theme. It may not really matter.

2. Don't invest simply because on their website, there are pictures of plants, pigs and chickens. It may not be what you think.

3. Don't invest just because their website is more user friendly than the other.

4. Invest because you trust and have good reasons to deduce and believe that their founders have integrity and are reputable.

5. Invest based on recommendations by trusted ally, relatives etc, not just because a "social media influencers" promoted it.

6. Invest if they are insured. There are some type of insurance plan available.

...the ones that genuinely care about expansion, security of investors' fund and return on investment would have a befitting insurance policy in place.

Verify the scope of their insurance. .

7. Invest if there is a form of legal documentation involved.

Be sure the contract terms are FULLY spelt out in a downloadable document (or physical document, depending...)

...with due acknowledgement and don't just rely on the texts on their website, because that can be altered from the back end, or anything may happen to the website.

8. Look out for exclusion clauses: exclusion clauses are sentences being used by business owners which exempt or limits their liability in an event of business mishaps.

Be sure they are not over-limiting their liability. They should be ready to shoulder a reasonable amount of liability depending on the business and it's model (except for instances of force majeur, otherwise known as Act of God)

9. Irrespective of our safe you think the investment is, don't invest the amount you can't cope with losing.

These are about the best measures you can take to protect yourself, since you're not about going to physically verifying their farms at ilesha, piggery at Ipoti ekiti, or poultry at Kilimanjaro (who does that though?!�, may be a major shareholder)

I hope this helps?

Kindly add yours.

�If you got value from this post, kindly SHARE.

�If you intend to start a crowd funding platform (or you already have one up), and you need some legal guide, kindly reach out to me via https:///2347033464493 for a one on one session (not free).

#RealEstate #Investment #CleverInvestors #Crowdfunding

Instagram: @realpathlawyer

====kindly joined us here ��

https://www./1835791493361053/

Watch this 9 minutes video and learn a thing or two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IfGkNjU_Hw

Re: CROWD FUNDING: BEFORE YOU INVEST IN ANY, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW by kemicalreact: 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
Op, I invested in one that's insured by leadway insurance. Do you think it's safe?
Re: CROWD FUNDING: BEFORE YOU INVEST IN ANY, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW by Legalolumoran(m): 1:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
I have a reason to believe leadway have some integrity in their hands. However, make sure there are not detrimental exclusion clauses..

Be sure to have and properly understand the full terms of the contract.

kemicalreact:
Op, I invested in one that's insured by leadway insurance. Do you think it's safe?

(1) (Reply)

World Most Expensive Chair - Costs €22m(₦9,323,217,937.00) / Pay In 3 Instalment To Own A Complete Luminous Solar System / Deposite 3.5m @ MERIDIAN BOULEVARD ESTATE,OKUN-AJAH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.