Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases (26401 Views)

8 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 232 Confirmed Cases / 23 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Total Of 174 Confirmed Cases / Coronavirus: Confirmed Cases In Nigeria Is 30, 3 New Cases In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by Kennydoc(m): 11:59am On Apr 21, 2020
Iitathom:
Rubbish, I don't know why they will always write phone number as 080000-COVID (08000026843) and still go ahead to spell it out in a bracket

Without writing the full numbers in bracket, some people will be confused regarding how to dial COVID on their phones. I learnt that 10-15 years ago, but I can bet you that some people will still be confused about that till today.
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by brainhgeek(m): 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Let them keep on gathering in mosques and keep calling Corona birus a conspiracy. Their brain will soon reset
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by guiddoti: 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
Pls, gather again for jumat service on Friday. Thank you.

People that are holier than Arabians.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by ochiosa(m): 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Watch out this government down fall is going to start from the north,
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by ChelseaDr(m): 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
Biafrarep:

Lol, they have already recorded death(s) before any discharge grin grin

A combination of illiteracy, ignorance, religion and poverty will unleash a never seen before situation over there. Italy may be a child's play. If I'm in that state, I will look for every available means to leave. If/when the figures skyrocket and the people can't be kept indoors due to hunger, then what happens cry cry

It is very very serious, very unprecedented
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by LordPsalm(m): 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
No.
The can go for friday mosque this friday since they want to be more religious than Saudi Arabia.
Nonesense
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by bro4u: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kennydoc:

Without writing the full numbers in bracket, some people will be confused regarding how to dial COVID on their phones. I learnt that 10-15 years ago, but I can bet you that some people will still be confused about that till today.
ok, let's assume we could dial COVID on our phone, but will the call be successful of you dial 080000-COVID??, I'll love to know
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by ollypass: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
This statistics is a big fallacy Ganduje playing politics with lives of kano people by terminal strange illness as cos of death of 150 over the weekend..I mean how dumb is that heading..strange illness..in these coving times?kai Nigeria..what do these politicians need to do to us before we start demanding good governance and transparency
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by Kennydoc(m): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
bro4u:

ok, let's assume we could dial COVID on our phone, but will the call be successful of you dial 080000-COVID??, I'll love to know

That is a sample of a normal phone keypad.
If you want to dial C, you'll press 2. You'll press 6 for O, 8 for V, 4 for I and 3 for D. So to dial COVID, you'll press 26843.

Those numbers are carefully chosen phone numbers, and they are made in such a way that once you remember the name of who/what you want to call, you can easily get the number. If you ask people to call 26843 in case of emergency, most will forget but tell them to call COVID, they won't forget.

Imagine your name is Benjamin and you coincidentally got a sim card with the phone number 080-23652646, you can simply be announcing your number as 080-BENJAMIN. That way, whoever knows you automatically knows your number.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by Legendguru: 3:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
Really
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by tinnymerit(m): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
SweetJoystick:
Them never discharge and dem don record one death. It is well

That's bad coro 59:1 Death:0 Discharge

They need swift solution because northerners are very stubborn. Even if you put soldiers there,they will revolt. Hope that's not where revolution go start?
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by SweetJoystick(m): 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
tinnymerit:

That's bad coro 59:1 Death:0 Discharge

They need swift solution because northerners are very stubborn. Even if you put soldiers there,they will revolt. Hope that's not where revolution go start?
It had better start from there
Re: Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases by bro4u: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kennydoc:

That is a sample of a normal phone keypad.
If you want to dial C, you'll press 2. You'll press 6 for O, 8 for V, 4 for I and 3 for D. So to dial COVID, you'll press 26843.

Those numbers are carefully chosen phone numbers, and they are made in such a way that once you remember the name of who/what you want to call, you can easily get the number. If you ask people to call 26843 in case of emergency, most will forget but tell them to call COVID, they won't forget.

Imagine your name is Benjamin and you coincidentally got a sim card with the phone number 080-23652646, you can simply be announcing your number as 080-BENJAMIN. That way, whoever knows you automatically knows your number.

Really educative... thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Right Eye Is Going Blur, Please Help / Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina / ‘Men Cause 60% Of Women’s Vaginal Infection’ - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.