Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

How Do I Get Justice? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Get Justice? (446 Views)

If You Want To Get Justice In Nigeria Just Have Money - Sandra Iheuwa / IGP Adamu Reacts To Stripping Of Hotel Staff, Vows To Get Justice For Victims / He Ran Away With My N700k, Please Can I Get Justice ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Justice? by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2020
On the 25th day of April 2019, on my way from work, at about 8:00 pm, I stopped by at Grocery Bazaar Retail Store located at Iyana-Ipaja to pick up some groceries. I sought to take my bag inside but the security staff at the main entrance door refused and advised me to keep my bag in any available space in a locker box placed at the entrance. I obeyed the instruction of the staff and kept my bag in a locker marked "A".

Inside the bag was a Dell latitude core i7 laptop, business cards, highly classified legal document and some computer jobs in progress stored in a hard drive. Also contained in the Perrie Cardi black leather bag was my home and office keys, a black coloured blackberry Z10 belonging to my office, 1TB external hard drive, a brown wallet containing 3rd party business card, my ATM cards, INEC voters card, the sum of 26k and a 32GB SD card.

After picking some groceries, I wanted to pay when I discovered my wallet was in my bag. I went out to pick it up and that was when I discovered the locker was opened. I drew the attention of the staff at the door who feigned ignorance of what I was talking about. I showed him my key in my hand and drew the attention of other staffs and requested to see the manager.

I was told the manager was not around and the most senior staff on duty, a lady, attended to me. She pleaded with me and requested I return the following day to see the manager. I insisted on knowing exactly what happened to my bag and stood my ground.

That was when she took me upstairs to their CCTV room and to my surprise, their CCTV showed that another staff in conjunction with the security staff at the entrance door who denied knowing anything about my bag actually connived with an unknown party in stealing my bag. He further confessed that he has assisted twice earlier that day.

Being a reasonable customer who regularly visits that outlet, has spent hundreds of thousands shopping there and has also introduced his friends, I wrote them a letter informing them of what transpired. I wrote the head office and copied the manager of the branch.

I was invited to a meeting wherein I was informed that they have reported the matter at the nearest police station and an investigation was ongoing. I was asked by the Chief security officer assigned to that branch, who is also a police officer to exercise patience. I wrote another letter reminding them of their undertaking to send a regular update on the investigation and also take steps towards mitigating my loss. This was towards the end of 2019. EMS receipt shows that this letter was received by one Mr. Big Joe located in their head office.

It seems they are encouraging their staffs to steal from their customers. And their staff believes nothing will happen if they steal from you because their employer will cover for them. And they have the police on their side as the matter seems to have been swept under the carpet.

This is the video
https://twitter.com/funcuteman22/status/1252515398471299072
Re: How Do I Get Justice? by mabeni(m): 9:05am On Apr 21, 2020
What gives you the assurance that the case was reported to the pol? You should have reported the matter to the Police. For the suspected staff to still be working there , means the Manager is also conniving with them. We'll, it is not too late to take the case to police if you have evidence.
Re: How Do I Get Justice? by Nickshrapnel: 9:46am On May 09, 2020
Litigator, did you later received your items from the store and what later happened to the thieves?
Re: How Do I Get Justice? by Nobody: 10:16am On May 09, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Litigator, did you later received your items from the store and what later happened to the thieves?

Nope, we will meet in court, and I am prepared to take them till supreme court.
Re: How Do I Get Justice? by gasparpisciotta: 10:24am On May 09, 2020
Show them that you are a litigator
Re: How Do I Get Justice? by Nickshrapnel: 10:50am On May 09, 2020
litigator:

Even after all the evidence presented, are they denying the theft? Please don’t let go of this case
Re: How Do I Get Justice? by doggedfighter(f): 1:04pm On May 09, 2020
litigator:

Litigator, have you met them in court?

Update, please
Re: How Do I Get Justice? by Exmilitant(m): 1:21pm On May 09, 2020
Save time and money. Ambush the manager. Take his car to Aba. Sell it. Recover your properties.... When justice is lacking, outlaws becomes a neccessity.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Justice? by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 09, 2020
Exmilitant:
Save time and money. Ambush the manager. Take his car to Aba. Sell it. Recover your properties.... When justice is lacking, outlaws becomes a neccessity.

Izon la' emi?
Re: How Do I Get Justice? by Exmilitant(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2020
litigator:

Izon la' emi?
Ikwerre.
Re: How Do I Get Justice? by Graxie(f): 1:58pm On May 09, 2020
This is sad!!!

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Pregnant Woman With 4 Kids And Husband Found Death In Their House / See Video Of The 3 UNIPORT Students Killed And Buried In A Shallow Grave By Kid. / Nigerian Government Doesn't Exist - American Lady Blast Buhari And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.