Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! (4930 Views)

Had To Do This "songs from saucekid" / Durella & Africankings Beef Saucekid: Latest Nigerian Beef : This Is Fire ! / Never Judge A Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by ElRazur: 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2011
Oga, you too take time to read my post.

My point wasn't about Beef alone. I also stated that one may need to redraw their strategy if they are not shifting enough sales. I believe there is room for all to make sales without resulting to the attention-grabbing antics we see.

I think you missed that.
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by audio: 3:44pm On Jan 07, 2011
ElRazur:

Oga, you too take time to read my post.

My point wasn't about Beef alone. I also stated that one may need to redraw their strategy if they are not shifting enough sales. I believe there is room for all to make sales without resulting to the attention-grabbing antics we see.

I think you missed that.

Okay. The problem as i see it, is that they get a bad product and then try and use hype to make you think that it's good. But because the market is so saturated now and they're is suddenly a lot of real talent on the scene, a lot of them are getting found out.

The core record buying audience in Nigeria is the man on the street. Timaya/bracket/jay martin crowd. Rap is normally for the more enlightened that come on Nairaland everyday asking for download links, but not buying anything. I think that is the reason why MI changed his strategy and used more pangolo beats and made his album more pop.

But in a country with a population of 160 million, there is definitely enough room. Even 1% of the population gives you a platinum album
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by ElRazur: 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2011
I get your point.

The other slant to your view is that, those who come here asking for download link are probably part of the "everything should be free on the internet" generation and as such affecting the number of potentials sales. Having said that, I can see why people are asking for links before they buy (if they do end up buying that is)

Going back to what I said before, Artist abroad are making more money from tours and merchandise sometimes than selling albums. MJ during his peak period was making massive money in tours alone, this in turn will help to boost album profile.

Nothing stopping sauce kid from putting together a team of DJ, Dancers and perhaps Orchestra to perform some of his songs in a top rated venue or hotel board room etc. He will see more percentage of the profits coming to him than if he goes around to promote his album in my opinion.
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by eldee(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2011
@audio

My point is, Eminem is the wrong example . . . Eminem is the King of hype and that's the biggest part of any album sale. . . Relapse was the hype machine Recovery. It's not a new thing, it's not a bad thing either.

You talk about Saucekid . . . he wasn't hyped at all, Tosin did more hyping for the album than his label, even Jags wasn't  . . . the hyped albums sell well . . . fact. That's why Kennis became millionaires.
All your hype don't sell is B.S . . . Drake was so confident he said . . . 'my hype is so big, I could sell a blank disc'. grin grin
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by rapjunkie(m): 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2011
eldee:

You talk about Saucekid . . . he wasn't hyped at all, Tosin did more hyping for the album than his label,

lol

BUT eldee, c'mon seriously, how many videos did sauce kid release to promote his album?. . . .  . . at least 3?. . . .Saucekid had interviews, performances, features on other records. . .  this must have been engineered by storm records. u cant seriosuly say that sauce wasnt hyped?

people should stop blaming storm jor. . . . i am sure they have lost a lot of money.

Hype will get people to listen to you at least once BUT it will not get you repeat listens and recommendations to friends, which is what happens when an artist blows up big.

The rest is strictly down to the music. . .  .me thinks
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by medjai(m): 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2011
Not at all surprised by Sauce Kid's figures. The Album was whack as hell. JOAT on the other hand is a great album, I'm equally surprised it didn't move so much copies
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by bkbabe97y(m): 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2011
Fake aszz Sauce Kid! Whoever saw a "gANGsta" rapper with a Mo-hawk?! lmao!
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by Mobinga: 12:35am On Jan 08, 2011
^^^ Concrete Hater
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by eldee(m): 12:55am On Jan 08, 2011
@RapJ

Hype will not need recommendations, it'll get to the friends before the recommendations.

The rest is down to music . . . nah, I thought it was down to the colour of boxers you wear to album release party. undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

J’odie - Kuchi Kuchi (oh Baby) / Nigerian Gospel Music 2018 (download Is Free) / Looking For A Website To Download Old School Blues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.