Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Justice Is Served : Man, 33, Gets Two Years For Stealing N20,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Is Served : Man, 33, Gets Two Years For Stealing N20,000 (673 Views)

Buhari’s Cabinet: 33 Ministerial Nominees Fail Corruption Test-tribune / BUSTED!!! POLICE UNCOVER Anambra Hotel Where Human Meat Is Served (2014) / Military Gets Two Boeing 747 Jets Loaded With Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Justice Is Served : Man, 33, Gets Two Years For Stealing N20,000 by Sharonf(f): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2011
A man who collected dirty Nigerian currency notes under the pretext of changing them to new ones and never retured them, was on Wednesday sentenced to two years imprisonment. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the convict, Saheed Lawal, 33, who faced a one-count charge of stealing at a Yaba Magistrates Court, pleaded guilty.

The prosecution said Mr Lawal had, on November 20, 2010 at Marda Barracks, Sabo-Yaba, stolen N20,000 from Kudirat Lateef.

“Lawal collected N20,000 dirty currencies with a promise to change them to new notes. He, however, ran away with the money and was later apprehended by the police,” Emmanuel Ajayi, the prosecutor, told the court.

He said Mr Lawal was an ex-convict, who was only released from the prison in April 2010 for committing a similar offence. The offence, Ajayi said, contravened Section 390 (9) of the Criminal Code, laws of Lagos State. The magistrate, Olumide Fusika, sentenced Lawal to two years imprisonment without an option of fine.

I think he should have been taken to the gallows

(1) (Reply)

Is Tinubu A Threat 2 Pdp In Lagos? / Who Adjusted My Thread Without My Consent? / Ten (10) Reason Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.