Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

How To Reduce You Screen Time By 3/4 And Take Career Productivity To Cloud 9 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Reduce You Screen Time By 3/4 And Take Career Productivity To Cloud 9 (215 Views)

Jumia Sacks 900 Workers To Reduce Cost Of Operation / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / Top 10 Professional Life Hacks For Workplace Productivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce You Screen Time By 3/4 And Take Career Productivity To Cloud 9 by NaijaSideHustle: 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nothing was breathtaking to the time I clicked the “unsubscribe button” of so many internet marketing gurus newsletters.

I didn't only feel relieved, my productivity peaked which helped me achieve more for myself without being bumped/bombed and pressurized with so many vague and good ideas.

One of the problems in life is “too many”. If you get too many gurus advising you then you're in for big trouble.

In fact, according to Oksana Tunikova, there are over 1.8 billion websites out there, and on average 571 new ones are created every minute.

If you ask me, I would aside with the writer and nod to yes that that’s one hell of data. It’s no wonder that information overload has become an issue.

Truth is, we don’t need more information. All we need is to TAKE action with the ones we’ve got. Just like swiping your credit card to buy too many things we need.
And the worst of it all, buying the things we already bought – unknown we abandoned it somewhere in the house.

The Struggle To Be More Productive
A man by the name, Gent King related how he beat his struggle with non-productivity thereby reducing his screen time by ¾.
I quote,

I[i]'m a 25M, who was really starting to get irritated by the amount of time I was spending on my phone at a stretch. I realized, almost all of it were people I didn't really care about. Their posts, adverts and humble brags went on too long. Unfollowing them has condensed my screen time to only updates from my friends/family which are far lesser in comparison[/i]

What about you?

Are you struggling with your screen time and looking forward to getting more productive? If yes, then see what to do.

How To Reduce You Screen Time By 3/4 And Take Career Productivity To Cloud 9

#1. Click the Unsubscribe Button

To tell you the truth, I rarely get non-essential email newsletters. Why? Because I learned how to click the unsubscribe button 6 months ago, and I can’t imagine how that helped me to worry about the most important things in my business.

What to do?

#1. Go to your email > inbox and make a list of the most wanted, wanted and not-wanted email newsletters.
#2. Click the unsubscribe button to the not-wanted(s).

#3. Give 7-14 days for the wanted. If at the end of the 14 days some are now not-wanted, go ahead and click the unsubscribe buttons as well.

#2. Beat Sexy Women

It’s time to stop following sexy women on social media - Instagram to be specific.

One effect of following these hot women is, you get to compare them to ordinary women in everyday life, which if you look at it very well “it’s not fair”.
The thing is, Real people have imperfections and it’s poetic to accept what you see on social media – no thanks to the graphic designer who edited the images to your likings.

#3. Start Talking to Real People
I can say a lot about the ruin of mobile phones with real human relationships, but let’s not go there today.

Of course, you may ask, but what am I supposed to do with all my free time besides browsing Instagram, Snapchat and other heavy celebrity-based sites?

Simple answer: You want to talk to people.
I know it’s not possible to hang out with others at most times, but call them!
• Talk to your parents, they love you – those that only care and not the 5,000+ Facebook friends that give you likes.
• Get a pet.
• Go for walks, explore things with them.
• Learn things. Sign up for places like the great courses plus.
• Download a tonne of podcasts.
• Deep clean your house, got weird gunk in one tiny little corner of the house? Clean it!
• Sign up for a course and learn internet marketing – there is a free course by Ahrefs for that.

Final Note
This won’t be easy most especially if you’re always pumped up by those flashy cars and showmanship.

All in all, after unfollowing them and you feel like, but why? Ask you “why you unfollowed them in the first place”.
Hope this helps. #Productivity #Hack

Re: How To Reduce You Screen Time By 3/4 And Take Career Productivity To Cloud 9 by Isuachrist: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Good stuff. Keep up. Will folow you.

(1) (Reply)

Boost Your Career In The Era Of Data Analytics And Big Data! / TBD Income Causing Laughter For Me Every Friday / Free Cloud Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.