Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons (27123 Views)

Have You Ever Been Tried In The Lagos Mobile Court / Soldiers Allegedly Aided Suspected Herdsmen In Killing Eight Persons In Delta – / Perekeme Richard Kpodo Sent To Prison For Rape Arrives Court On A Stretcher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by Chiefpress: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
COVID 19: NIGER STATE MOBILE COURT ON COVID 19 SLAMS EIGHT PERSONS SIX MONTHS IN PRISON WITH AN OPTION OF TWO THOUSAND NAIRA FINE

...... A MINOR WARNED

The Niger State COVID-19 Mobile Court has sentenced eight persons to six months in prison with an option of two thausand Naira fine each, for violating the stay-at-home order of the state government occasioned by the COVID-19.

The suspects who were arrested on the 19th of April, 2020 during the enforcement exercise in the State, are from different areas of Minna Metropolis.

The Mobile Court session jointly presided over by Magistrates Murtala Ibrahim and Halima Mohammed was held at the primese of the state High Court Minna.

The state lead counsel, Suleiman Buhari Wushishi said the suspects were arraigned before the mobile court on two count charges of violating social distancing and stay-at-home directives of the state government under section 17 (a) and (2) of the state COVID-19 order 2020 which they all pleaded guilty to.

At the end of trial, the suspects were all discharged and acquited after the payment of #2000 fine each with one minor, Musa Ibrahim who only got warned.

The SSG and Chairman Taskforce on COVID-19 Ibrahim Ahmed Matane explained that the mobile court for the violators of the lockdown order is in place in major towns of the state to serve as deterrent....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by RealSolution001: 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wonderful!

4 Likes

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by RealSolution001: 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
Lalasticlala, have you seen this kind of court before?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by Deepfeel(m): 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mobile court indeed

1 Like

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by gbebodye(f): 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
This kine court ehn? The only thing that comes to mind is bribery and corruption

grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I525KtbupI

6 Likes

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by olamide021: 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hmm, this lockdown really affect many people and am sure those people slams we have one or two things to say and it all on them finding what to eat will be there excuse. Government find more easily slam people to provide them what is necessary and find reasonable measure to this word problem. Don't mind checking on this APEX>>> it is amazing. This country has remain the same for the past twenty years or let me even say getting worse so don't let rely on them so that we stop complain and find our way out of this.
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by jawalis(m): 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
When are we going to approach development in Nigeria? Other Nations of the world are focused on how to ease isolation policies on their citizens by adopting different strategies and formulations. Some offered services to citizen in their respective homes by just dialing codes. These stupids ones and here initiating mobile Curts for citizen who have nothing to eat daily. We are here living like an hopeless underdog with no hope of tomorrow. We are left to our devastated fate of eating our own flesh due to hunger in Nigeria.
Provide basic amenities and food to citizen and let’s set the record straight if they won’t adhere to isolation policies. #governmentwithnoplan.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by DigitalBrands01: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
This one is Mango Tree Court

4 Likes

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by PrincessB1(f): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hmm!

Mobile court.
Interesting
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by 1stola: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Good.

Wetin Musa Comot for gate go find outside?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by wolexy14(m): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
stay home ...demno go hear
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by Kingjay007: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
2k... laughable!
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by 02Kebreal(m): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Which account the money the go?
I'm asking for a friend

1 Like

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by nicho450(m): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Can you imagine?
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by ade002: 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
That 2k is not an option?

1 Like

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by uscofield: 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hope they will be fed in prison.
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by Digitalstarlite: 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Dis one weak me

But d police for dat place fine ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by Sommydisaster(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
grin

Is that not Segun Arinze on that first picture

Men Corona virus shit is real

meanwhile checkout my signature for better deals
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by sojayy(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
6 months in prison or option of 2k.....this government is a fvcking joke, I swear.

3 Likes

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by Evergreen4(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
In the first picture, the officials didn't observe the 3 meter social distance and some of them are not wearing face mask. And they have the effrontery to persecute people . This country taya me . Government always making laws that they will still break
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by fmwise2k(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Front page... Buy this new book on reproductive health for N1k

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by Whobedatte(m): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
I remembered last month when I used 6 hours from kwara to Suleja
Niger state big ooo
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by Oyiboman69: 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nawa
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by OgbanjeProphet: 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
The fine should be BEATINGS not imprisonment or money. Sentence the idiots to serious public beatings!

Some people will come here to make it appear as if northerners are at more risk of dying of covid19 than southerners. But...

From my observations, southerners are no better. Let's hope this covid19 doesn't hit us as it did USA.

A whole town can be wiped out in less than three months.

Quote me on this.

Una better stay for una house ooh.

E better make hunger kill us than make coronavirus kill us.

Hunger can't wipe out a whole town, but coronavirus can wipe out a whole state.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by paulolee(m): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
them no go still hear na..na huger virus de chase man komot from ous enter road go find food...hunger virus worst pass corona na....wait o..e b lyk say i see 2k fine..dts fair sha bt e still get peps wey go spend dt prison sentence bcoz dm no get 2k for bail....poverty n hunger too plenty for dis country n the worst pass be say na we get church pass n na we pray n carry religion for head pass...2 tinz ar involved..iz it dt we ar doing tinz wrongly or d religion itself is a scam...wat do i kno..
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by 9jayes: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Come and make money with your phone, don't just stay at home for nothing.
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Please give us full details
How did they violated the order?
Their pictures at least.
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by vibre: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Why will they fine them? Our government is useless. Look at other countries like USA, Spain and Italy have all recorded over 20,000 deaths and we're still having a miserly 20 deaths. This is a shame!! And the few patriotic people who are trying to help us increase our death rate, you are now fining them, useless government.
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by smile11s(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Some will prefer prison instead of 2k
Re: Niger State Mobile Court On Covid19 Slams Eight Persons by DatAbujaBoy: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Just 2k? Haba e too small naa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Various Armed Robbery And Kidnapping Gangs Busted By Police Operatives. Photos / Boko Haram Commander, Alhaji Modu, 27 Others Killed In Borno / Man Cuts Own Manhood After Being Accused Of Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.