Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

How Exactly Are Covid-19 Patients Being Treated (especially) In Nigeria? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Exactly Are Covid-19 Patients Being Treated (especially) In Nigeria? (434 Views)

COVID-19: TVC Does Documentary On Patients Being Treated At IDH, Yaba, Lagos / Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / Akin Abayomi: COVID-19 Patients Being Upset At The Start Of Isolation Is Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Exactly Are Covid-19 Patients Being Treated (especially) In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Good evening everyone. Please, pardon any errors you find. I was born a black being, raised a black being and wasn't generally the best student in English during my school years.

Now, this is an issue that I need enlightenment on especially because my dad is asking me about it but I do not know how to answer.

This virus; how does it work? We've heard that the world is trying to produce vaccines for it and I think that the use of vaccines are aimed at providing immunity against a disease or curing the disease in other words.

But we've been hearing that people are recovering from this virus without using vaccine yet. So, what exactly is the use of the vaccine then? What effect will the vaccine have that the present measures being employed against the virus cannot or does not have?

Then secondly, which is the one my Dad is asking about, how are these patients being treated to the point that they eventually 'test negative' for the virus without them being given vaccines, especially in Nigeria?

My Dad is thinking the news about Corona virus spreading amongst Nigerians is a scam grin and a ploy by government to embezzle funds because he couldn't find answers to the issues above and it kind of confuses him. He admits that some returnees could have come into the country with the virus (and that Covid-19 is real) but the idea that Nigerians are contracting it and getting recovered when there are no defined details on how they are being treated, especially when there's no vaccine yet, is not true.

So how does it work?

I also learnt somewhere that the virus has a limited period in the body like 2 weeks, during which it could do some damage in the body before it vanishes and the damage done could make the patient die before the expiry period of the virus or even after. And that, what the doctors are doing is they administer immune system-strengthening medications to the patient so that the virus wouldn't do much or any damage while it lasts in the body until it finally expires and leaves the body and that's how they finally test negative.

Is this true?

Kindly leave your comments. And I also thought this could be a way of educating one another. Thank you.

Lalasticlala dominique Sissy3

1 Like

Re: How Exactly Are Covid-19 Patients Being Treated (especially) In Nigeria? by SavageMaster: 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Tell your Daddy it is not scam. After Abba Kyari's death, I'm surprised people still talk like that.

Coronavirus has an average mortality of 5%; meaning, out of 100 people that are infected with it, up to 5 will eventually die; another 40 may not even show any symptoms, while the rest may show varying degrees of symptoms.

As far as I know, there is no cure for Coronavirus. Any form of treatment administered to positive patients is just "supportive "; you're just trying to encourage the person's system to stay strong and put up resistance against the virus, until it wears off.

Most of the people that have died are the elderly and those with other medical conditions like diabetes and cardiac problems. Men are also more likely to die than women (60%:40%). The innate immunity of the elderly and those with medical conditions are weaker, so they have a harder time mounting a sustained response against the virus.

The virus is still out there. Some will die, some will recover, with or without any form of treatment.
Re: How Exactly Are Covid-19 Patients Being Treated (especially) In Nigeria? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
grin the matter Taya me self
Re: How Exactly Are Covid-19 Patients Being Treated (especially) In Nigeria? by CYBERWEAVER(m): 6:57am On Apr 22, 2020
Tell your Man that Corona virus is real and it's here.
If he wants to experience it before believing why not come to Gudu cemetery to dig out Abba Kyari's body
Re: How Exactly Are Covid-19 Patients Being Treated (especially) In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 22, 2020
Coronavirus can be treated using varying measures best known by doctors who specialized on areas of the virus target organs, and they study pattern at which the virus circulate just as the case of SARS which target the respiratory organ. I think the NCDC must hv study the nature of coronavirus through their Epidermologist and virologist on method to adopt
Re: How Exactly Are Covid-19 Patients Being Treated (especially) In Nigeria? by astonished: 8:35am On Apr 22, 2020
Your dad is right
The nigeria version of the virus treatment is scam

I"ll come back later for detail, i cant type now

(1) (Reply)

Kano State: As Covid-19 Pandemic Rages On; There is big Rise In Number of Death. / Sunlight Destroys Coronavirus – Leaked Government Report Shows / VIDEO: Pregnant Black Woman Get Denied Entry Into Chinese Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.