Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,958 members, 7,841,688 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Sen. Douye Diri Should Capitalize On Aquaculture To Curb Hunger, Unemployment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Douye Diri Should Capitalize On Aquaculture To Curb Hunger, Unemployment (236 Views)

Protesters Attack Douye Diri's House, Destroy Property / INEC Bars Douye Diri From Entering Its Headquarters / Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Douye Diri On Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Douye Diri Should Capitalize On Aquaculture To Curb Hunger, Unemployment by May94(f): 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Public opinion they says is what shapes government policies and programs. Hence, I beg to air my view as we progress in the prosperity government.

Covid-19 is no longer new to us despite the fact that we don’t have any victim now in Bayelsa state which is the handiwork of God. It is also notable to give accolades to the Executive Governor of Bayelsa State for his proactive measures towards the control of the dreaded virus.

Nonetheless, Government is continuity and tenure is measured in addition to attendant challenges predominant in every adminstration with different appellation. The trust Bayelsans have in Sen. Douye Diri is divine and I know he will meet up with the expectations. The Slogan of the Douye Diri led Administration is “Prosperity” added to the Fact the 2020 State Appropriation bill which was Presented by his Excellency in the BYHA is christened “Consolidation for Prosperity 2020”.

His Excellency’s blueprint should be Youth Development and Agriculture because that’s the only thing that will keep us on our feet to tackle the dreaded virus and also to keep the Government going prosperously.

The Bayelsa State Government should gather a team of young farmers, agriculturists, aquaculture engineers, fish feed producers, fingerlings producers, broad stock rearers, farm managers etc. to work in our aquaculture village devoid of politic sentiment or segregation.

http://may94.com/2020/04/20/obey-government-laws-stay-safe-avoid-public-places-comr-atti-j-moses/

Our 500 fish ponds in Bayelsa State Aquaculture village situated at Yenegwe which was built and Commissioned by our Former Contri-man Governor to engage Bayelsa State Youths was not actualized due to poor management. Hence, I’m calling on the Douye Diri Led Government to capitalize on our aquaculture village which can engage up 3000 Bayelsa State youths that will feed us and our neighboring states with fish as long as possible if properly managed.

The aquaculture village contains.

Due to the effects and control measures of the State and Nation at large most of our Youths have lost their job or retrenched by their employers, on that account, I know that if the above issue is being given due consideration we will have foods to bank on and also prevent our youths from going into crimes.

–500 fish ponds
–Hatchery
–Fish feed production factory
–Fish processing factory
–Warehouse etc.

Comr Atti J Moses

(Deputy DG Diri/Lawrence Youth Project)

http://may94.com/2020/04/22/sen-diri-should-capitalize-on-aquaculture-to-curb-hunger-unemployment/

Lydia A. Gilbert

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Needs To Go Back To Regional System Of Government / Government Palliative Distributed In My Area / How COVID-19 Lockdown Is Pushing Nigerians To The Wall Without Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.