Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,377 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai (765 Views)

Where Is Nasir Elrufai / The Time To Stop And Send Nasir Elrufai To The Hague Is NOW! / Plot To Impeach Kaduna Governer Nasir Elrufai Thickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by sarrki(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
KADUNA UPDATE: Statement on My Recovery from Covid-19

In the evening of Saturday, 28 March 2020, I was notified that I had tested positive for Covid-19. I immediately made a public disclosure of this sad news and proceeded into isolation under the strict supervision of our healthcare professionals.

I am delighted to report today, that after nearly four weeks of observing a strict medical regime, I have now received the all-clear after two consecutive negative test results.

I thank Almighty Allah for His grace and mercy. I also acknowledge with gratitude the massive outpouring of sympathy, prayers and public support that followed the disclosure of the infection. My family not only went through the trauma of potentially losing a member, but also the risk of being infected as well. The entire family has been supportive as usual, while my many friends and colleagues from all over the world have sent their prayers and best wishes.

I wish to thank the diligent medical personnel of our Ministry of Health and the Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital who managed my case for their dedicated and professional care.

It was cheering to see the determined efforts of our Covid-19 Task Force chaired by the Deputy Governor, the officials of our Ministry of Health ably led by the Commissioner and our security/enforcement agencies, to manage and contain the spread of Covid-19 in the state.

I wish to acknowledge our Deputy Governor, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, for her reassuring leadership of our team in my absence. In this trying period, our senior officials have demonstrated admirable commitment and the flexibility to provide governance in circumstances that are so different from the old normal. The commitment, competence and capabilities displayed by the Kaduna State Government in my four-week absence is clear evidence that we have a public service we can all be proud of.

I am relieved by my recovery. With the privilege of life, sound health, and the support and prayers of our citizens, I will continue to lead the Kaduna State Government’s efforts to ensure that as few of our people as possible get infected by Covid-19, and that those who do can receive adequate and timely care and treatment. Our emphasis is rightly on prevention because it is the prudent thing to do to save lives, given the limited capacity of our health system.

I am delighted by the recovery of four other Covid-19 cases who were discharged last week which was followed yesterday with the discharge of a fifth patient. On Monday, we received the sad news of three more positive cases in Kaduna State. They will receive the best care that our dedicated health professionals can muster and we wish them speedy recovery from Covid-19.

We must all work hard to ensure that we keep Covid-19 out of Kaduna State. We have lower infection rates than expected due to stringent measures we imposed in our state, but we cannot let our guards down. We are in dangerous times. This disease is a threat to our humanity, our lives and livelihoods. As someone that has experienced it, I will not wish it on my worst enemy.

We must reiterate that an infected person can show no symptoms as I did, for up to two weeks, while unknowingly infecting others close to him or even through casual contact. That is why mixing with many people is not a good idea. While four of every five infected persons show mild symptoms like headache, fever and cough and recover fully, there is evidence worldwide that older people and those with pre-existing health challenges like hypertension and diabetes are particularly at greater risk of dying if they get the Covid-19 infection.

We must therefore do everything to avoid exposure and prevent the spread of this disease in our towns and villages. We must now make the sacrifices of enhanced domestic hygiene, regular hand-washing with soap, staying at home and avoiding crowds to defeat this disease.

Let me conclude by informing the citizens of Kaduna State that I have issued another amendment to the Quarantine Regulations requiring everyone in the State to wear a face mask when going out of the home or workplace for any reason. The State Government is going to make these masks available free to the poor and vulnerable groups, and encourage everyone that can afford it to get their neighborhood tailor to sew cloth masks for their use. This will help protect them, their loved ones and everyone else from the spread of this disease.

Once again, we appeal to everyone to stay at home, observe social distancing, avoid gatherings of more than 10 people, and wash our hands with soap and water regularly.

Stay home, stay safe, save lives!

God Bless and Protect Kaduna State.
God Bless and Protect the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, OFR
Wednesday,22nd April 2020

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by kingcypress: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Being the first to comment on this thread.

I pray anyone reading this will come first in any good endeavour you lay your hands on.

El-Rufai this is your second chance, use it well.

This is a good development.

The world will overcome this pandemic
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by sarrki(m): 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by SLAP44: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nice recovery grin
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by Nwodosis(m): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
Any state that the gorvernor of the state becomes the first victim of covid-19 is ostensibly for the state to participate in Federal Government Covid-19 funds!
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by Herdsmen: 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
grin

They hate him.. we love him more...

El Rufia for President..

Tinubu can hug gutter cool
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by seunmsg(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nice one. We are glad you survived the deadly virus. I’m hoping that every other person that have tested positive for the virus in Nigeria also recovers in good time. Together, we’re going to beat the virus.
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by sarrki(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
Herdsmen:
grin

El Rufia for President..

I know your type very well

You are an Ipobians

Nigerians don’t behave this way

Either Yoruba,Igbo or Hausa
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by sarrki(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nwodosis:

May God Almighty make me rejoice before my enemies

My enemies will not know happiness for my cause IJMN
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by SLAP44: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
sarrki:

You are an Ipobians

I expected it grin

I know you must drag IPOB into it.

Thanks for making them remain popular and relevant daily as they virtually occupy your brain every second.

1 Like

Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by iokpebholo: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2020
Congrats sir.Hope u have learnt ur lessons?Go back and fix d hearth care system in ur state sir
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by NwaNimo1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by sarrki(m): 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
SLAP44:

I expected it grin

I know you must drag IPOB into it.

Thanks for making them remain popular and relevant daily as they virtually occupy your brain every second.

Please note

Igbos are not Igbo

They are dangerous elements
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by kingcypress: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Herdsmen:
grin

El Rufia for President..

It's never difficult to know a post from an Igbo/IPOB brainwash illiterate.

Their post is always of hate and bitterness.

The lost tribe of Israel now in Potopoto Republic
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by SLAP44: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
sarrki:

Please note

Igbos are not Igbo

They are dangerous elements

In a way you are right.

IPOB has broken all tribal and religiosity boundaries and has crept into the consciousness of most Nigerians that it's no longer an Igbo thing.

Many of your family members are flying IPOB flags in their rooms grin
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Big lies from El-Rufai, He never tested positive before.. just deceiving the poor masses
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by Herdsmen: 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
sarrki:

You are an Ipobians

My paddy is back..

Yoruba Dey wish el Rufia go follow kyari.. abi you no see that kind comment for nairaland ba?

He’s back and strong.. make dem jump Lagoon

No time!

2 Likes

Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by kingcypress: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fishermancom:
Big lies from El-Rufai, He never tested positive before.. just deceiving the poor masses

Sware that you are not an Igbo boy
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by sarrki(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
SLAP44:

In a way you are right.

IPOB has broken all tribal and religiosity boundaries and has crept into the consciousness of most Nigerians that it's no longer an Igbo thing.

Many of your family members are flying IPOB flags in their rooms grin

God forbid I have anything to do with a known terrorist organization
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by Herdsmen: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
kingcypress:

Will rather be IPOB Igbo than to be. Yoruba man.

Simple!

1 Like

Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by SLAP44: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
kingcypress:

IPOB has been invited by Sarrki to overtake this thread, his unpaid publicity stunt is working and Nnamdi Kanu is happy grin
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by SLAP44: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
sarrki:

God forbid I have anything to do with a known terrorist organization

Wait and see.
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by Herdsmen: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fishermancom:

Typical Yoruba man..

Una go collect

El Rufia for President
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by senatordave1(m): 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Up el rufai,our future VP.up buhari
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by iokpebholo: 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
sarrki:

You are an Ipobians

Thought u have repented.Tribalism will not finish u

1 Like

Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by eruchboy(m): 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hmmm congrats
next time

Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by Activistman(m): 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
Congratulations sir, but the battle is not yet defeated in the country.
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by Gordieshegz(m): 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
Sorry sir
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by nijabazaar: 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
I begrudgingly like El Rufai. Dont know why.
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by nkwuocha1: 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
embarassed embarassed embarassed

When I taught very soon the infamous undertakers will dance soon in kaduna. cry cry cry
Re: Statement Of My Recovery From Covid -19 - Nasir Elrufai by AmTruth: 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
Good news.

God bless you Governor.

God bless Kaduna.

God bless Nigeria!!!

(1) (Reply)

FACT CHECK: Was Abba Kyari Flown To UK For Treatment And Cremated? / If Kano Deaths Are From COVID19, Thousands Should've Died In Lag / Return To Roundtable Or Face Consequences, FG Tells Striking ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.