Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

How My Job Makes Me Work With Top Entertainers Across Africa – Moralmore, Abuja - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How My Job Makes Me Work With Top Entertainers Across Africa – Moralmore, Abuja (214 Views)

Top Entertainers Endorse Comedy Bliss, Celebrate The Kahmohs / 'It Makes Me So Sad' - Davido Reacts To The Viral Video Of Babes Wodumo / Daddy Freeze Calls Out Nigerian Entertainers Who Buy Fake Watches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How My Job Makes Me Work With Top Entertainers Across Africa – Moralmore, Abuja by bestofnollywood: 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Asogwa Emmanuel Moralmore is an Abuja-based showbiz promoter and entertainer. The CEO of Moralmore Entertainment and Executive Director Entertainment Summit Africa (ESA2020) speaks WITH ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM, on the entertainment industry, showbiz and other matter.

How did you start off in the showbiz industry?

I am an Abuja-based showbiz promoter and entertainer. I brand, manage, promote and package events globally. Showbiz for me was a call from heaven. It all started like play after I discovered my fan base and capacity in the capital city of Nigeria, via social networking and social media platforms as I reached out to thousands of Nigerians on those platforms including radio and Tv. I decided to diversify into showbiz from musical acts considering the higher demand of people craving to hang out with me on a daily basis. There’s no better way to satisfy people’s want than to start up something that would bring them together to mingle, play, network, merry and we make money too…(laughs)

You were a musician before. Why did you leave music for management and promotion?

Exactly, I started off as a musician but along the line I discovered a better part of me I never knew was in existence. This is human management and event PR. I have made a lot of research in our industry and discovered that we need more showbiz experts to pilot our industry affairs to the rooftop of the world and I am grateful to God today that Afro beat is gradually taking over the world. Considering the magic the likes of Wizkid, Davido and Burna Boy etc are making in the world today but mind you, the above names have a team manager that sketch out the team structure that is working for them today as a blueprint.

Since you started in the industry how has the reception been?

It has been tremendous I must confess. I have been able to meet with the top notch entertainers across Africa. Sometimes, I would just wake up to see a call from a most respected entertainer saying “Baba, how far? Any job for your boy?” And we just laugh over it and talk business afterward.

Why did you chose music promotion and management as a career over the music we knew you for?

Well, I just picked the call (laughs). I quit music because it’s highly demanding and it’s almost impossible to come from my kind of background and succeed in music industry today. Nobody is ready to invest on you until you are known and before you could get to that level where investors will embrace your brand you must have spent millions of naira to gain such attention. Now the question is “where do you pick millions of naira? On the streets of Abuja? The answer is obviously no where. That’s why we have the high rate of internet fraudsters in Nigeria. As I couldn’t get myself involved in illegal activities, I decided to diversify into promotions and it is working out for good.

What is the difference between what you are doing now and what you were known for?

I think I am more intellectual now than in the past. Now I think out of the box in a bid to be versatile, always thinking ahead of time; finding the best formation to conquer but then, I was not thinking of the business part of the industry as I only see the souvenir part of it “go to event drink, carry woman etc. I have always wanted to make an impact in the history of our entertainment industry and that’s why I will keep thanking my team “Entertainment Summit Africa” #esa2020 for the great team work so far.

How have you been able to manage young talents since you started off with this project?

Yes, I have been able to manage talents both in music, film, comedy, disc jockey. I manage most of the Lagos big names in the North here as their Northern manager.

Do you support the use of women, nude women in video shoot and why?

I don’t support nude videos, even our culture condemns such. Just that a lot of these guys thinking the only way you can drag attention to any new single is to ask a young woman to go nude. At this point, I must have to commend the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) for their relentless efforts towards uncensored contents in Nigeria as they continue to fight that part for us.

What kind of talent management are you into?

I am human and project manager, not just only talent. I manage event, project and any kind of talent. I am not just limited to music only. I bring anything manageable. In fact, the only thing I cannot manage is your wife (laughs).

Who are your mentors and why haven’t you relocated to Lagos because many believe that Lagos is the hub of entertainment.

(Laughs) This question sounds so funny each time it pops up. Lagos State is the hub of the entertainment industry, no doubt, but the truth is that everybody must not live in Lagos to be big.
As matter of fact, I hate to live in Lagos and for that reason, I have not been to Lagos State more than once all my life. I have always wanted people to change that mentality of one to live in Lagos as an entertainer to be respected. This same mind set has cost us a lot in government. Today, we don’t have a place in government and nobody is even talking about it. Nigerian entertainment industry is the second largest revenue generator in Nigeria aside oil and gas but the government is ignoring the digital economy because they don’t see or value the music exports in Nigeria because they’re all in Lagos hustling how they can export their content out of Nigeria not considering we should have a place in government where we can run to in time of crisis.

How has this deadly virus affected your career and showbiz business?

Everything is on a total lockdown as no business is exempted in the world today, should I say we are the most affected industry and it’s even going to affect us longer because it’s going to take pretty long before they would allow large gathering of people. It’s unfortunate the virus has come to kill both human beings and the economy too. Let’s not even talk about the economy now because it can always be resurrected but we cannot resurrect human beings. Let’s focus on how God can pull us out of this pandemic uninfected and strong. As I am speaking to you now, one of our biggest projects of 2020 is on hold now. A project that is promising to restructure the industry to bring total transformation. But let’s watch out for Entertainment Summit Africa (#ESA2020) Let me use this opportunity to appreciate the executive board members and also a special shout to our able President, (Wali of Gindiri), President Entertainment Summit Africa. These are men that have been up with many sleepless nights just to see that this industry works for every common man to benefit from.

Where do you see yourself in the next two years?

I see myself and my name written on a golden book of history all over the nation. I have always seen myself as the messiah to the Nigerian entertainment industry. God will use me to bring positive changes to the industry soonest. Just watch and see God doing His great job miraculously.

What is your advice to the upcoming artistes?

They have only three things to do to get there: stay humble, stay loyal and be respectful. The above mentioned are the major keys to the top.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

SPECIAL LOCKDOWN Mark Angel Comedy.you Must Laugh / (video) Dele Momodu Shares Life Experience On Tejubabyfaceoyelekan Live Show / MONEY RITUAL. Simple Way To Make It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.