Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown (94532 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Agree On 14-Member Panel / South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Cotton(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2020
Martinola:

You think those patriotic and obedient citizens will be patriotic and obedient if they get the same crappy and bullsh*t leadership and treatment we get from our leaders?
It's very hard to be 'normal' if you are a citizen at the lower end of the ladder in Nigeria
I am sorry sir but you are wrong. A government can not be better than its people. We as citizens are terrible. We have a national crisis yet some people will say "I must go to church/mosque" or "nothing like Corona virus" thereby compounding the problem. It is a simple directive. Stay at home and no gatherings yet we flout it with our "I too sabi" sense of false security.

If we as citizens cannot do better by way of social cooperation, ethnic and religous tolerance then don't blame the leaders that emerge.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Yakijesus: 9:19am On Apr 23, 2020
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Rapmoney(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:

Seriously in just one sentence what have you done as a citizen in your house, street, road, area, locality, local government, and state before nationally

Just one it may be keeping the environment clean

Just mention 1

If not you are worse than those you are accusing

Just shataaap! He's entitled to his opinion.

Are you the only one who has opinion?

Allow people express themselves and stop gallivanting like an ape on steroid!

Last time I checked, this is a public forum.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Reference(m): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2020
Simplyleo:
Nawao.

Almost everyone seems short of ideas on the most appropriate approach to controlling the spread of this virus.

Continue lockdown - Hunger

Relax lockdown - high vulnerability

These Chinese sef. angry

'Almost everyone' is confined to those you folks worship, not us. We have stated very clearly what goverment should have done long before the first case arrived Africa. And we have stated in very clear terms what government should be doing right now. But when you dwell in a crab bucket you are unlikely going to see the sun and definitely will not get out.

If this pandemic does not elevate the thinking of folks like you then nothing ever will. The people you worship have been stripped naked by Covid 19. Next time you put objectivity first before sentiment. It is pleasing to see how helpless you sound. Where is that your legendary bravado about the invincible competence of your feudal overlords.

Boss Mustapha was soliciting 'IDEAS' in his speech yesterday. Can you imagine this from folks who just weeks ago boasted that eveything was under control. Now we can see that 'copy and paste' from Europe is not working. Now we can see the importance of putting cerebral people in government and at the affairs of complex societies such as ours.

Now we can see why we cannot win this pandemic war we should never have started in the first place.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by arinzos(m): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2020
Cotton:
I am sorry sir but you are wrong. A government can not be better than its people. We as citizens are terrible. We have a national crisis yet some people will say "I must go to church/mosque" or "nothing like Corona virus" thereby compounding the problem. It is a simple directive. Stay at home and no gatherings yet we flout it with our "I too sabi" sense of false security.

If we as citizens cannot do better by way of social cooperation, ethnic and religous tolerance then don't blame the leaders that emerge.
The Government are to Blame!
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by TrippleEEE: 9:29am On Apr 23, 2020
tatax:
Truth be told.. I wonder how many Nigerians don't have a saving to sustain them for just one or two months total lockdown so we can all beat this virus fast and go back to our normal lives. Everybody is complaining they are hungry, it leaves me wondering what the people did with their earnings. Does it mean Nigerians don't save up? Does it mean many Nigerians doesn't set funds aside for emergencies and worst case scenarios? These set of people have money to buy data and be flying their account numbers everywhere all over the internet. It's shameful to see. Don't get me wrong, there are real people who actually deserve this help and palliative but when majority wants to take advantage, then it's a problem. Now, you see the mentality of an average Nigerian; Entitlement.. Give such people public funds to manage, they will manage it with same mentality they have managed their personal funds, no savings and in situations of emergencies, they borrow or look for aids. Now, what's the difference between us and our leaders in relation to how we manage our resources? Aren't we who we criticize?

Now, those people who survived the Nigeria civil war for more than 3 years, how did they do it? Please let us collectively assist the government to curb the virus. The government have honestly failed us but we must be sincere also with ourselves and how we conduct our lives. Aviod going out, stay home let's atleast curb this virus and our lives will go back to normal.

We should all stop putting pressures on government to relax the lockdown knowing fully well what this virus can do. Let's allow these guys get it right because if finally the lockdown is lifted now, how will a place like lagos fare? Or we want people to start dropping dead on the streets or maybe overburden the medical practitioners? C'mon let us think guys.

I don't know why I expected more. Do you how many Nigerians are unemployed?
Do you know how many are underemployed? Do you know how many eat from hand to mouth? Do you know how many saved and eventually used the funds to settle emergency situations? Do you think that the reason for not saving is because you're more financially intelligent than them?

It seems you are living in a dream Nigeria where you think the majority are gainfully employed or entrepreneurs who earns enough without responsibilities and just save aside for these kinda emergencies.

Why did developed nations give good amount of cash as paliatives? Why did they not tell them to go for their savings?
Did you ask why?

I know you were trying to drive home a good point but it seems you appear to lack empathy and understanding of the system.

People must put pressure on the government. Or else they might just die of hunger! Locking poor citizens down will create Chaos. That's what people talking are trying to avoid.

You can be more blessed than another but can't be more human than humanity.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Simplyleo: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2020
Reference:

'Almost everyone' is confined to those you folks worship, not us. We have stated very clearly what goverment should have done long before the first case arrived Africa. And we have stated in very clear terms what government should be doing right now. But when you dwell in a crab bucket you are unlikely going to see the sun and definitely will not get out.

If this pandemic does not elevate the thinking of folks like you then nothing ever will. The people you worship have been stripped naked by Covid 19. Next time you put objectivity first before sentiment. It is pleasing to see how helpless you sound. Where is that your legendary bravado about the invincible competence of your feudal overlords.

Boss Mustapha was soliciting 'IDEAS' in his speech yesterday. Can you imagine this from folks who just weeks ago boasted that eveything was under control. Now we can see that 'copy and paste' from Europe is not working. Now we can see the importance of putting cerebral people in government and at the affairs of complex societies such as ours.

Now we can see why we cannot win this pandemic war we should never have started in the first place.
By saying the "folks I worship", I believe you mean the principal members of Nigerian govt. Okay.

@ the texts in bold, can you also tell me how the COVID 19 "dressed up" the folks you worship?

Last time I checked, US, Italy and the likes still have the highest casualties.

Also, when the fed govt took the first step to keep the scourge at bay, I thought some of you called it "audio", and just a means Buhari wanted to explore in looting.

@ the last bold, I never knew Buhari started COVID 19 war though. Seeing this for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Nelz77: 9:37am On Apr 23, 2020
Nigerians the Most Complex of People
This Virus will Eat us Raw if we Relax Lock down.
It’s still breathing under the Lockdown how much more if things should go back as it was before.

Some folks are suggesting compulsory wearing of mask. How many will obey this 0.2% of the People. D rest will only pretend to be obeying it and that’s where d danger lies.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2020
Yalwayzme:
This govt is even worse than covid 19 itself

Governors don't care, no FAAC , no responsibility .

Lock down is the only legal means used by them to evade their civil responsibility.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by mondee02(m): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2020
Simplyleo:
Lagos is one of the 36 states of the federation. angry
grin
Simplyleo:
Lagos is one of the 36 states of the federation. angry
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by arinzos(m): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2020
Government should Look for another Means. This Lockdown is not working.
Nigeria wants to Copy developed countries that are Unique in their own ways.

Make Nose Mask Compulsory, borders should be Locked, Enforce Social distancing, Religious centre, Schools e.t.c.should be Locked for now.

But if we want to Enforce a Total Lockdown,
Provide money for Everyone with a Bank Account. But is this possible? When we don't have Database in Nigeria.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by ChevKing(m): 9:44am On Apr 23, 2020
I think the report said INTERSTATE LOCKDOWN WITH EXCEPTION OF ESSENTIAL SERVICES.
Means States will operate but no movement from State to State. Not another lockdown of each State.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by arinzos(m): 9:47am On Apr 23, 2020
ChevKing:
I think the report said INTERSTATE LOCKDOWN WITH EXCEPTION OF ESSENTIAL SERVICES.
Means States will operate but no movement from State to State. Not another lockdown of each State.
When is the Inter state Lockdown starting?
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Ayilion: 9:47am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:

Seriously in just one sentence what have you done as a citizen in your house, street, road, area, locality, local government, and state before nationally

Just mention 1

@sarrki, you are bad loser.....

this govt performance is poor. you can't be defending mediocrity. you said Nigerians are not loyal, patriotic etc....when it comes to responsibility we should not compare with other nations that are doing what is right and you want to move forward....

am not surprise
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by pasol4real(m): 9:48am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:

Just mention 1

What exactly is your problem this man
Is Nigeria not a sick country?
South Africa has done more than 120 thousand tests on its citizens, common Ghana has done more than 50 k tests for its ppl while your Nigeria is still struggling with with 8000 tests. That alone is enough to call this country the most useless in the whole wide world.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by AgabaIDu2: 9:50am On Apr 23, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

By saying the "folks I worship", I believe you mean the principal members of Nigerian govt. Okay.

@ the texts in bold, can you also tell me how the COVID 19 "dressed up" the folks you worship?

Also, when the fed govt took the first step to keep the scourge at bay, I thought some of you called it "audio", and just a means Buhari wanted to explore in looting.

@ the last bold, I never knew Buhari started COVID 19 war though. Seeing this for the first time.
[/s]
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Reference(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2020
Simplyleo:

@ the last bold, I never knew Buhari started COVID 19 though. Seeing this for the first time.

Leo, look, we have been calling for a strategy from this government consistently for a month now without anything happening. What do you think the virus hss been doing since then..... It has been exploiting the nooks and cracks such a strategy is meant to address.

The United States, Italy and the rest you claim will rebound from this crises in a manner that speaks of one simple difference, that is capacity. Why can't we form our own peculiar strategies around our inadequacies. Those countries you speak off have been locked down just slightly longer than us and have clearly suppressed the pandemic demonstrated by the gradual resumption of economic activities.

From where you sit can you even remotely suggest when Nigeria will 'flatten the curve' when after one month we don't even know where the bottom of the river is. You should be very worried and I kid you not. Nigeria has taken a battle that is bigger that it. We will need to learn new skills foremost is sicial cohesion to beat Corona.

Sorry if the bolded is offensive, I sincerely apologise but this government is what we have for now as the primary vehicle to organise and rally Nigeria(ns) to fight Covid 19, and you must admit they are serious wanting, perpetually behind the curve and totally out of their depths.

Amongst all the countries you mention the Nigerian government appears to be the most relaxed, the least under pressure to sort it all out with a cavalier 'whatever maybe should be' disposition, simply because of the attitude of you and me in not making serious demands of them, and I don't mean the so called palliatives, but on clear strategies on how to end this.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Martinola(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2020
Cotton:

Citizens have their own portion of the blame, i agree.
Nigerians have been complying with the government guidelines to a large extent.
Even the people who are asked to enforce the lockdown order are busy taking bribes
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by macjireh: 10:08am On Apr 23, 2020
Theobserver835:
I pity the useless and wretched poor Nigerians that are still in support of an additional 14 days lockdown.
The governors and the useless president has nothing to loose even if the lockdown will extend to 2023.
Their salaries and allowance is been paid,their family is secured in palatial residences and equipped with all life cab offer.
I weep for this sets of people still supporting the very same evil people robbing and denying them the good things of life they themselves are enjoying,is that not greed of the highest order.

Note
This lockdown is a decoy from the main issue bedevilled Nigeria.
They know what they are doing,and there is an authentic proof that this disease is not in Nigeria, those been reported dead are malaria and other related diseases that killed and not covid-19.
Nigeria is a country runs by evil and greedy people over illiterates and ethnic ridden people wallowing in ethnic and religious hatred.
Nigerians are finished, fight for your survival for that is what matters now.

its only an inter-state lockdown,,, so intra-state movements are likely....English is a problem sometimes
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by olumide4christ: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Every country is doing lockdown..even the Rwandan president told security forces to shoot at sight anybody they find outside... Indian Prime minister Modi locked down a country of 1.3 billion people, a large proportion of them very poor, in their houses since March.
I don't know why people are seeing what the government is doing as out of this world. We all need to go and make money but like it has been said, only the living can think of going out to make money.
If the lockdown is relaxed and you go to your shop/business and you get infected with the virus through a client, customer or staff and you lose your life, will you still go to shop/business? I tell you, those who are in the Isolation center now are not thinking of business, or the money they have in the ATM, or their houses or cars...their only prayer is that God should heal them and they leave that place alive and not in a casket.
These are facts we must all come to terms with.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by olax02(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2020
u11ae1013:
I hope it doesn't include lagos
who is the master of the game?? grin
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by macjireh: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2020
arinzos:
Government should Look for another Means. This Lockdown is not working.
Nigeria wants to Copy developed countries that are Unique in their own ways.

Make Nose Mask Compulsory, borders should be Locked, Enforce Social distancing, Religious centre, Schools e.t.c.should be Locked for now.

But if we want to Enforce a Total Lockdown,
Provide money for Everyone with a Bank Account. But is this possible? When we don't have Database in Nigeria.

its only an inter-state lockdown,,, so intra-state movements are likely....likely u will go to work next week,, but u can't travel out from ur state...English is a problem sometimes
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by macjireh: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2020
olumide4christ:
Every country is doing lockdown..even the Rwandan president told security forces to shoot at sight anybody they find outside... Indian Prime minister Modi locked down a country of 1.3 billion people, a large proportion of them very poor, in their houses since March.
I don't know why people are seeing what the government is doing as out of this world. We all need to go and make money but like it has been said, only the living can think of going out to make money.
If the lockdown is relaxed and you go to your shop/business and you get infected with the virus through a client, customer or staff and you lose your life, will you still go to shop/business? I tell you, those who are in the Isolation center now are not thinking of business, or the money they have in the ATM, or their houses or cars...their only prayer is that God should heal them and they leave that place alive and not in a casket.
These are facts we must all come to terms with.

its only an inter-state lockdown,,, so intra-state movements are likely....English is a problem sometimes
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Hongkongfukid(m): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2020
confused set of people
continue lockdown till next year
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by odinga1of: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Please stop the comparison with overseas countries

Are Nigeria citizens loyal , patriotic like other countries

Are we obidient?

Are u loyal? Are u patriotic?

Are u obedient oga?

Not just shouting patriot all over nairaland, remember that staunch APC supporter that said same word to u?

Oga go sit down, you are only following Bashir Ahmad on twitter, u know nothing.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by olumide4christ: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2020
Theobserver835:
I pity the useless and wretched poor Nigerians that are still in support of an additional 14 days lockdown.
The governors and the useless president has nothing to loose even if the lockdown will extend to 2023.
Their salaries and allowance is been paid,their family is secured in palatial residences and equipped with all life cab offer.
I weep for this sets of people still supporting the very same evil people robbing and denying them the good things of life they themselves are enjoying,is that not greed of the highest order.

Note
This lockdown is a decoy from the main issue bedevilled Nigeria.
They know what they are doing,and there is an authentic proof that this disease is not in Nigeria, those been reported dead are malaria and other related diseases that killed and not covid-19.
Nigeria is a country runs by evil and greedy people over illiterates and ethnic ridden people wallowing in ethnic and religious hatred.
Nigerians are finished, fight for your survival for that is what matters now.

So you still believe that COVID 19 in Nigeria is a scam After all that has happened?
What do you think the government is gaining from it? 10 billion naira or 50 million euros?
How much is that compared to what Lagos State or Federal Government alone makes per day or per month? Do you know how much the government is losing every day as a result of this lockdown? I watched a report on TV where it was said that Federal Government was losing N20 billion per day in custom duties at the Lagos ports due to the fact that banks at the ports were not open for transactions. This is coupled with the almost worthless value of crude oil right now. I tell you, the government wants the country to open up for business more than you.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by arinzos(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2020
macjireh:

its only an inter-state lockdown,,, so intra-state movements are likely....likely u will go to work next week,, but u can't travel out from ur state...English is a problem sometimes
I know its an Inter state Lockdown but at the same time, they should also provide a Day or two for people to either Go Home or go to the state where they Work.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Reference(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2020
Simplyleo:

I did not mention President Buhari's name in my write up. Mr. President is clearly not in the equation here as a wartime leader. Boss Mustapha is the defacto leader of this effort.

What I mean by 'starting a war' is provoking one and I need not stress again what should have happened long ago. A few days ago I did say that a biblical verse explains it all. Luke 14: 31 & 32 should have guided Nigeria when they saw what Covid 19 did in Wuhan in January.

This government saw lockdowns, saw international travels bans, saw mega hospitals being built in days, saw supermarkets with empty shelves, saw the economy of China take a hit.... all in January and for goodness sake we have an ambassador there to feed us Intel.

If I as an individual receiving international news could conclude as early as Januaty that this was going to be an international calamity how coyld a whole government sit hack and invite Covid 19 to supper. Remember that it was the near riot of Nigerians that forced the first lockdown in Nigeria of our international borders.

This government supported by its fans (and you can go back and check, even on thus forum) were in total denial and labeled those who spoke out as alarmist, fake news peddlers not until the Italian was discovered THROUGH THE PRIVATE SECTOR to be the first case.

So what do we call all this....ignorance on the part of government towards Covid 19, or bravado or incompetence or mere pandering to the personal interests of a few. Whatever you call it, government saw war coming and invited it.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by EKPETI(m): 10:27am On Apr 23, 2020
sarrki:
Bitter pill

That needs to be chewed

Please stop the comparison with overseas countries

Are Nigeria citizens loyal , patriotic like other countries

Are we obidient?

Nigerians should all die to proof that they are obedient. Haven't they given enough? Tell me COVID-19 patient that are ordinary Nigerians? It is either returnee, those that had contact with returnee or health workers risking their lives of a Carrier.
I will tell you this, Nigerians are one of the best citizens any country can ask off. There are countries facing unrest today that what caused their unrest is so minute to what had happened in Nigeria but Nigerians hope moved on.
You are here saying Nigerians are not obedient.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by Olatara(f): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2020
Lordwheez:

Wtf did this niqqa just spill?? ���... You sure say you reason this thing before you talk am so.. Let me end it there before you provoke me more, cos you no go like d outcome...
Hello sweetie, how are you? You don't need to reply, just say fine in your mind.
Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by abimic(m): 10:34am On Apr 23, 2020
you can't just be locking people down with absolute or no security plus no aggressive massive testing. At a point everyone would become vulnerable, by now, we should have achieved great improvement or success with the lockdown. The leaders are so clueless in tackling the menace they allowed come in, they still had the audacity to gather to bid farewell to former CoS. If you're locking down, have plans with targets. Frankly, this lockdown hasn't achieved anything because government themselves are flouting the orders the made coupled with many states been incapacitated In tackling the pandemic not to talk of slow testing rate with little people been tested on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown by macjireh: 10:48am On Apr 23, 2020
arinzos:

I know its an Inter state Lockdown but at the same time, they should also provide a Day or two for people to either Go Home or go to the state where they Work.
I don't understand u ooo...are u not staying at d state where u work?...if so,,then ur ID card should bale u out wen u meet law enforcements at state borders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Sanusi Was Removed As Kano Emir – State Government / Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC / PDP Gubernatorial Primaries Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.