Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone (270 Views)

Police Officers And VIO Fight Over Who Should Inspect Cars In Lagos (Photos) / Police officers And Area Boys Smoking Marijuana At Mandilas Park / Police Officers And Victims Killed In The Offa Bank Robbery (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone by Rhymer2020(m): 12:07am On Apr 23, 2020
please help.

my younger brother was arrested Last week Thursday for buying a phone. the said phone was bought by a friend of his ( it's a fairly used phone). when I went to the office to enquire what his crime was, the I.P.O in charge said that the phone was snatched at gun point. but the guy who bought the phone for my bro asked the police people to follow him so that he will show them the shop were he bought the phone, they refused. I later bailed my bro and his friend with the sum of 90k.

fast forward to today. when we went there today like they told us to. we met a guy who said that the phone was stolen from his shop and not at gun point, that we should not give the police any dime again, coz the police men are still requesting for 15k which they said it's money for the tracker they used in tracking the phone. now the particular shop that they bought the phone has not been opening because of the lockdown and they said that we should come back on Monday.

please lawyers, judges and anyone who has faced similar case before should advice me am really troubled. I will be pleased to get help from here.
what steps do I need to take. biko help a brother
Re: Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone by Rhymer2020(m): 12:11am On Apr 23, 2020
please moderator help move to front page for wider audience. thanks
Re: Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone by 2special(m): 12:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Is the seller phone number not on the receipt

1 Like

Re: Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone by izzou(m): 12:25am On Apr 23, 2020
Hmmmmm

If you have 15k, just give them and go and rest. After all, you already started paying

Tag Segalinks on Twitter and explain the situation.

And you people should stop buying fairly used phones, especially from unverifiable sellers. Kidnappers and robbers don't throw away the phones of their victims anymore. They sell it off so that the police will lose trails on them

Re: Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone by budaatum: 12:35am On Apr 23, 2020
You should have sought legal advise before paying "bail" and you need to go hire one now before you pay anymore.
Re: Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone by Rhymer2020(m): 1:25am On Apr 23, 2020
izzou:
Hmmmmm

If you have 15k, just give them and go and rest. After all, you already started paying

Tag Segalinks on Twitter and explain the situation.

And you people should stop buying fairly used phones, especially from unverifiable sellers. Kidnappers and robbers don't throw away the phones of their victims anymore. They sell it off so that the police will lose trails on them

thanks for the info
Re: Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone by Rhymer2020(m): 1:27am On Apr 23, 2020
2special:
Is the seller phone number not on the receipt
his number is not going through
Re: Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone by daewoorazer(m): 1:32am On Apr 23, 2020
@PoliceNG_CRU
Tag this handle on twitter

They will sure take it up..thank me later
Re: Please Help. Lawyers, Judges, Officers And Everyone by Nuulife: 7:50am On Apr 23, 2020
You needed a Lawyer before you went for the bail, anyways, it is not too late to get one.

Get a lawyer or comply with whatever the police tells you. But since they are out of police cell already, you don't have much problem.

Next time, don't buy used electronic gadget or if you must buy, make sure it is in a market with receipt as evidence

(1) (Reply)

How This Girl Defeated Three Guys With Bible / Fire Outbreak In NNPC Filling Station At Lagos Today / (video)Elderly Woman Demand Justice After 43year old Man Rape Her 13 Yrs Daugher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.