Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:03 AM

Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials (870 Views)

COVID-19: FG Screening 19 Nigerian Firms' Claim On Cure And Treatment / COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support / COVID-19: Nigerian Students In UK Test Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by CovidVaccine: 1:14am On Apr 23, 2020
Nigerian army prepares for coronavirus lockdown, mass burials

Abuja: The Nigerian Army is preparing to forcibly transfer the sick to hospital and enforce curbs on movement to try to shield the country from the coronavirus, and is leasing equipment for “possible mass burial”, according to an army memo seen by Reuters.

The memo from Army headquarters also outlines plans to protect government food storage from looters as Africa’s most populous nation braces for the illness to spread further in the country.

“Following the rise and continuous spread in cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Nigeria, the (Chief of Army Staff) has deemed it necessary for all to take protective measures to ensure the safety of (army) personnel and their families,” the memo said.

With a population of 200 million, 20 million of whom are packed into the commercial capital of Lagos, many fear the virus could spread quickly without containment.

The memo said the army was suspending leave passes for all personnel and called for them to be on “maximum security alert and be ready for deployment.” The virus has swept across the world, killing thousands and forcing millions into quarantine. Several nations have activated armed forces to help combat it.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-nigeria-security/nigerian-army-prepares-for-coronavirus-lockdown-mass-burials-idUKKBN21C2BL
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by obi4eze(m): 2:07am On Apr 23, 2020
shocked
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by meezynetwork(m): 2:09am On Apr 23, 2020
Haaa
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by biyitaiwo(m): 3:51am On Apr 23, 2020
May God forbid!
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by truthfulparrot(m): 4:03am On Apr 23, 2020
If care is not taken, things may get so bad that the government will not even have to beg anybody to stay at home.
When people start seeing dead bodies in mass graves everybody will voluntarily stay at home and lock their doors.
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by Godfullsam(m): 4:04am On Apr 23, 2020
This is becoming UNBECOMING undecided

God should just come to our aid or else ...
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by ogawriter(m): 5:16am On Apr 23, 2020
God if this is the end, let your will be done.

My Landlady lost her twin sister in the UK on Sunday to coronavirus. Heard so many tales about the both of them and how she is liked by all and sundry.

My point is a lot of people are dying. Good people.

I'm scared because here in Nigeria, if the virus don't kill us, it will be hunger, the military, or security agencies.

God please save us.
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by Passionate888: 5:41am On Apr 23, 2020
I keep telling people that this covid-19 is already in all the states in Nigeria..
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by Jgoldie: 6:36am On Apr 23, 2020
God pls keep me and my family

We shall give testimony
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:15am On Apr 23, 2020
Uhmmm Bibeli Wipe;

Eniti o joko ni ibi ikoko oga ogo ni yio ma gbe abe ojiji olodumare. Emi o wi fun Ilorin pe, iwo li abo ati odi mi olorun mi eniti emi gbekele.
Nitoto on o gba o ninu ikekun awon peyepeye ati ninu ajakale arun buburu. Yio fi iye re bo o abe iye apa re ni iwo o si gbekele otito re ni yio se asa ati apata re.

IWO KI YIO BE RU NITORI E RU ORU TABI FUN OFA TI NFO NI OSAN. TABI FUN AJAKALE ARUN TI NRIN KIRI NI OKUNKUN TABI FUN IPARUN TI NRUN NI LI OSANGANGAN

Bibeli tun so wi pe;

EGBERUN YIO SUBU NI EGBE RE ATI EGBARUN NI APA OTUN RE SUGBON KI YIO SUNMO ODO RE.

Koni de odo wa ni oruko Jesu ti ati fi se ibugbe wa.

Sorry I switch to Yoruba language whenever I want to worship God or deal with some critical issues especially when I need to deal with the demons. I go violent in my local dialect. I can't come and be pampering them with queens English.

That's the promise of God for us up. Those who know know...

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by twinjake: 7:28am On Apr 23, 2020
Fake News!
Re: Covid-19: Nigerian Army Prepares For Mass Burials by lastmessenger: 7:37am On Apr 23, 2020
It is appointed unto a man to die once.
Stop being unnecessarily afraid if death. Corona or no corona each one of you will die one day.

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Live Long Stop Doing These Things It Harm Your Kidney / Persistent Stubborn Infections And How To Treat Them / Its Not Easy Being Me (A hermaphrodite)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.