Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment (1329 Views)

Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status / Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Covid2000: 8:04am On Apr 23, 2020
To whom it may concern.

Bringing it to the attention of every well meaning Nigerian how a Telecommunication giant treats their staffs.

1. It is only in Globacom that people get promoted/get big portfolios for years without salary increment, no added incentives, nothing just portfolio.

2. It is only in Globacom that Engineers don't have mobility, taking kèké, Okada, public vehicle to field. Even in this Pandemic. Glo should make provisions for mobility.

3. Recently Management decided to reward senior staffs only while the junior staffs (STH and below) don't get rewarded for the job they do. Mostly those people on field are the junior staffs. Yet you expect a Team effort to move the company forward. Rewards should be shared across board carrying everyone along.

DON'T ENVY ANY GLOBACOM STAFF, THEY ARE SUFFERING AND SMILING.

Wish Dr Mike Adenuga could see this and come to our rescue.

Lalasticlala help move to front page.
Mynd44

If anyone can screenshot and make it trend on Twitter, I will appreciate.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by seunlayi(m): 8:12am On Apr 23, 2020
This is very common in most Nigeria companies. They all need to be checked together

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by daddytime(m): 8:27am On Apr 23, 2020
There had been such complaints many years ago, and I thought the conditions would have improved.

This isn't good for the brand's image at all

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 23, 2020
a junior staff expecting an award imagine... when oga wey you dey under never get... think am na.. oga na oga ... junior na junior,the only change that can happen is if the junior staff reads more to add to the certificate he or she has already.. then you go dey hope for award one day
Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Covid2000: 9:29am On Apr 23, 2020
ifykris22:
a junior staff expecting an award imagine... when oga wey you dey under never get... think am na.. oga na oga ... junior na junior,the only change that can happen is if the junior staff reads more to add to the certificate he or she has already.. then you go dey hope for award one day

Read again.
Nobody said award.
Senior staffs are being rewarded for what is mostly done by the junior staff. Everybody should be carried along since it is a team work.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 23, 2020
oh my bad but you should know this is 9ja now

Covid2000:

Read again.
Nobody said award.
Senior staffs are being rewarded for what is mostly done by the junior staff. Everybody should be carried along since it is a team work.
Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Olumyyde(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2020
ifykris22:
Lol, in the private sector, award for high performance cuts across all levels. Don't say what u've not experienced.
Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Covid2000: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
It is well
Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Greatzeus(m): 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hypocrites all they know is to be giving millions to celebrities and wasting Money on wack advertisement,while their staff suffer.
I don't blame Globacom,I blame labour laws in the country that's either dead or non existent.

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Covid2000: 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Greatzeus:
Hypocrites all they know is to be giving millions to celebrities and wasting Money on wack advertisement,while their staff suffer.
I don't blame Globacom,I blame labour laws in the country that's either dead or non existent.

No structure.
Staff welfare is zero.

Company run like a pure water factor.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by aylikethat(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
This has been the trend for years .....I worked with a Globacom servicing company for over 6years , My observation there site engineers doesn't have a truck to make use of. ,its only one truck for a region , a region can be 2 or 3 state and the truck is mainly use by RM , The will always make use of our own trucks, even there Salary's are not good compared to other, they only spend on advert . Pple in the system will not understand, many use the place as a stepping stone and move on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Covid2000: 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
quote author=aylikethat post=88775491]This has been the trend for years .....I worked with a Globacom servicing company for over 6years , My observation there site engineers doesn't have a truck to make use of. ,its only one truck for a region , a region can be 2 or 3 state and the truck is mainly use by RM , The will always make use of our own trucks, even there Salary's are not good compared to other, they only spend on advert . Pple in the system will not understand, many use the place as a stepping stone and move on[/quote]
You are correct. Yet billions of Naira are being made every day.

The People at the top are the ones enjoying the system, imagine management gave One million Naira to each TTH and RTH across Nigeria as a reward for a team work. Most of them ate the money alone and yet management expects the junior staffs to put in more effort. If you are rewarding for excellence, the money should be shared across all levels.

If you are a young graduate reading this and planning to start a career in Globacom, think twice.

What they are good at is giving celebrities millions of Naira.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by toyosilawal12: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2020
Glo is actually one of the best places to work in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by jimiabdul: 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
I know people working in GLo o and they like the place.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Folasho99: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
glo is cool, abeg

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Jokerman(m): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2020
Sometimes greediness is not good
Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Covid2000: 11:56pm On Apr 29, 2020
Folasho99:
glo is cool, abeg
Say what you know.
Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by Covid2000: 12:00am On Apr 30, 2020
toyosilawal12:
Glo is actually one of the best places to work in Nigeria
Did you just say best place. It's best place for those on top but for those at the bottom of the ladder, it is not.

Really wish we have a functional Governing body to check their activities.

Staff welfare is nothing, employments without work tool and yet want the job to be done.
Re: Globacom Staff Unfair Treatment by omolasho: 8:51am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Covid2000 post=88753333]To whom it may concern.

Bringing it to the attention of every well meaning Nigerian how a Telecommunication giant treats their staffs.

1. It is only in Globacom that people get promoted/get big portfolios for years without salary increment, no added incentives, nothing just portfolio.

2. It is only in Globacom that Engineers don't have mobility, taking kèké, Okada, public vehicle to field. Even in this Pandemic. Glo should make provisions for mobility.

3. Recently Management decided to reward senior staffs only while the junior staffs (STH and below) don't get rewarded for the job they do. Mostly those people on field are the junior staffs. Yet you expect a Team effort to move the company forward. Rewards should be shared across board carrying everyone along.

DON'T ENVY ANY GLOBACOM STAFF, THEY ARE SUFFERING AND SMILING.

Wish Dr Mike Adenuga could see this and come to our rescue.

Lalasticlala help move to front page.
Mynd44

If anyone can screenshot and make it trend on Twitter, I will appreciate.

Why not quit the job. Establish your own company and employ staff. Then you can throw your profit on them and earn their praise.

(1) (Reply)

First Female Combat Pilot, Emerges From The Nigerian Air Force / Get Nigeria Immigration Past Questions And Answers / Jack Ma: If You’re Still Poor At 35, You Deserve It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.