Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release (17645 Views)

Senator Elisha Abbo Shakes IGP Adamu Mohammed, Laughs With Him / Adamu Mohammed Removes Imohimi As Lagos CP, Zubairu To Take Over / Adamu Mohammed, IGP Held Hostage By Jubilant Policemen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by NwaNimo1(m): 11:20am On Apr 23, 2020
The elder brother of Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State, Alhaji Adamu Mohammed Duguri, has recounted his ordeals in the hands of kidnappers.

He declared that N50 million ransom was paid to secure his release.

Duguri, who regained freedom after spending 13 days in kidnappers’ den, said security agents had no hand in his release contrary to belief that he was rescued by security personnel in the state.

The Nation reports Duguri was kidnapped on March 26 about 7:20pm by four gunmen at a tailoring shop at the Unguwar Jaki area of Bauchi metropolis.

The gunmen, who were said to be armed with AK 47 rifles, whisked him to an unknown destination.

But the Police Public Relations Officer (P.P.R.O) of the Bauchi State Police Command, DSP Kamal Abubakar, confirmed his release to newsmen on April 7.

The 65- year- old retired Customs Officer, who spoke for the first time on his abduction, said his abductors initially demanded for N350 million before they later agreed to accept N50 million.

He said being a brother to the Governor made them assume that that they could get the N350 million ransom but he had to make them understand that his family members are the ones to secure his release, not the State Government.

Duguri, who holds the traditional title of Wakilin Bauchi, the four-man kidnap syndicate was educated and well coordinated in such a way that they could not be traced by security agents.

His words: “They said they have not kidnapped somebody as big as l am. You know l was a uniformed man before. They know l knew all what they were doing. They felt l was a threat to them and were demanding N350 million, which l said when you look for that kind of money l will continue to be a liability for you here.

“I told them l have acclimatised already. I eat well. The only thing was l didn’t sleep well because it was on a mat all of us were sleeping. They gave me three pillows and supplied me apples with a bottle of maltina, anything l wanted they gave me.

”l made it clear to them if you are looking for money from Bauchi State they don’t have. Or are you thinking you want to demand for more money so that Bauchi State governor will bring money and you will release me and impeach him? Because they told me there was a kind of problem in the State Assembly which was centred on whether the governor would remove money from Bauchi coffers and release me.”

He added: ”My abductors were educated with western education, not only religious. They refused to talk to avoid being traced. They said the moment you talk to somebody now, they can easily be trailed. They knew what they were doing. They had to take my voice, they would later take it to Jos, relay it to somebody in Kaduna. That person then send it to Kano before calling my family. That was what they did.

”To avoid being tracked, they went to Gombe, not Jos this time because of the anti- tracking device. To get the anti- tracking on took time because l wouldn’t have stayed there long. They were even complaining that l stayed too long with them and that they were afraid.”

He went on: “On the issue of ransom , they said they would come down to N100 million but i insisted that nobody will give them that amount of money. They however suggested that if they release me, they can collect the remaining amount later but i asked them how will they collect the money and I told them it won’t work because if you come to my house l will shout.

” So we gave them the ransom but it was not up to N100 million, It was about N50 million.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/we-paid-n50m-ransom-says-freed-bauchi-govs-elder-brother/amp/

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Mskrisx(f): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2020
So what should we do? Fry s.eun osewa for you?

Mtchew.
Greedy wicked ugly cone- headed flat-headed two-faced slimy public money guzzling vipers.
Revolution is coming oneday, someday.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by NwaNimo1(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2020
Waste of money....

5 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Iamdamifroshii(m): 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
But I thought they said ransom should not be paid again
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by BruncleZuma: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
This will only embolden these criminal elements, I thought there was a Police Unit led by the Nigerian "Jack Bauer" handling such high profile cases?

18 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by obembet(f): 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Welcome development.. I believe your brother and buhari invest more in security.
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by nolmonordu: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by vvvbobby205(m): 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
I tot these same people gave an order that anyone that pays kidnappers Ransome for their victims should be arrested or persecuted.

Or I'm I mistaking ni?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Built2last: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
After the regae, we will play the blues.

shebi NNPC won stop oil production.

in 2 months time, proper kidnapping will start. the rich will pay the price for neglecting our country

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by fufyererte: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
50m is much

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by wilemer: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
NwaNimo11:
The elder brother of Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State, Alhaji Adamu Mohammed Duguri, has recounted his ordeals in the hands of kidnappers. He declared that N50 million ransom was paid to secure his release.

Duguri, who regained freedom after spending 13 days in kidnappers’ den, said security agents had no hand in his release contrary to belief that he was rescued by security personnel in the state.

Sorry eh
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by tspun(m): 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Their problem, not ours.
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by StrikeBack(m): 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
See sweet business

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by mytime24(f): 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Big man
Big wahala
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Good afternoon my good people of nairaland, my family and i need your help on food, we are dying of hunger, please come to our aid, our location is lagos incase you want to help with foodstuffs or request my bank details, thank you all
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by tammie24: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
And we have a government in this country
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Emmagreen: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
50million?? Gosh!!!!

Meanwhile Get unique
Logo
Animated logo
Business card
Brochures
Birthday cards
Flyers
Banners
Posters
Album covers

for your business and start ups.. contact us also for publication designs.

WhatsApp or Call: 08115733461
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Emmagreen: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Contact me for samples
Emmagreen:
50million?? Gosh!!!!

Meanwhile Get unique
Logo
Animated logo
Business card
Brochures
Birthday cards
Flyers
Banners
Posters
Album covers

for your business and start ups.. contact us also for publication designs.

WhatsApp or Call: 08115733461
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Halopy: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Na part of the money your brother stole
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Evaromantik(m): 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
You dey tell us mek we cry?

It's still the kidnappers' money, your brother stile it from them.

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Modsfav: 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
fs
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by sanemind2(m): 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
See money,tax payers money for that matter

Meanwhile

Give your external hard drive food, filled it up with movies.if you stay in Port Harcourt
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
In truth kidnapping is not a honorable thing to do after all because the thing is that after kidnapping someone you would eventually be caught one way or another and would most likely spend the rest of life in prison cry

But no we wouldn't hear everyone wants money to take to the village every Christmas cry

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
Modsfav:
fs

Space booooker

Enjoy the space u booked ehn cry
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by sweetkev(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
50 million is just a chicken change to your family. After all you spend more than that on vacations and unnecessary things. GOD PUNISH UNA undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Modsfav: 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
e don happen
Check my siggy brief
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by vasco01(m): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mskrisx:
So what should we do? Fry s.eun osewa for you?

Mtchew.
Greedy wicked ugly cone- headed flat-headed two-faced slimy public money guzzling vipers.
Revolution is coming oneday, someday.

Chai oboi all this insult for him?
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Sheriman(m): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Who knows the Governor's Brother collide with the kidnappers so that they can share the 50 Million Ransom
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by gamechanger1: 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
It seems to me that he had a cordial engagement with the kidnappers while he was with them, in fact he sounds like he was quite comfortable and not worried at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Olarewaju89: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
So who go pay, na me or federal government? undecided
Re: Kidnapped Adamu Mohammed Duguri: N50m Ransom Was Paid For My Release by Etinosa1234: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

Space booooker
Enjoy the space u booked ehn cry
wetin concern u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Benue / Prof. Pat Utomi Speaking At Ongoing LP Town Hall Meeting With Lagos Students / Tinubu Embraces France In Early Foreign Policy Shift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.