Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy (4540 Views)

Peter Obi Delivers Keynote On Governance, Trade & African Unity In Nairobi,Kenya / President Tinubu Departs Nairobi After AU Meeting (Video, Photos) / INEC Chairman, Yakubu, Attends Briefing On The Kenya Election In Nairobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by petroski: 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
A Kenyan lady came to Nigeria , duped me and ran away. I have her picture and have been thinking of how to track her down. Can you help?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Sctests: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
petroski:
A Kenyan lady came to Nigeria , duped me and ran away. I have her picture and have been thinking of how to track her down. Can you help?

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
petroski:

You are very funny. Hehehe...was this before or after you ate her

7 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by omonnakoda: 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
I was reading Obama's biography ,his grandmother was called Akumu.

Do you know what it means?
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:

No I don't speak that language.

But is said that the particular community forefathers may have emigrated from west Africa a long long time ago.
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by omonnakoda: 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenyaNairobiGuy:

No I don't speak that language.

But is said that the particular community forefathers may have emigrated from west Africa a long long time ago.
I heard it is a name given to a child born from a woman who gets pregnant without resuming menstruation from last pregnancy.

We have a name for such children in Nigeria among the Yoruba
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by olaNL: 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Is there any forum similar to nairaland in Kenya?

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Lovelive: 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Great
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
olaNL:
Is there any forum similar to nairaland in Kenya?

Yeah. Forums are not very popular around here.

Though we have kenyanlist.net and kenyatalk.com check them out.
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by babasolution: 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Op why do Kenyans get bullied by Chinese so much,like the whipping of a full grown man by the Chinese late last year,it was a total disgrace to Kenyans and even Africa at large,the men in Kenya seem weak,how did your women take it?
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Pavore9: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:

The tribe Obama"s father is from, the Luos do share some names with the igbos such as Okoro, Ejimba, Opara, Okechi etc.

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
babasolution:
Op why do Kenyans get bullied by Chinese so much,like the whipping of a full grown man by the Chinese late last year,it was a total disgrace to Kenyans and even Africa at large,the men in Kenya seem weak,how did your women take it?
Just because you saw articles spreading propaganda does not mean it is true. Two sides of a coin. Do your research...google is your friend.

You are free to come and chew on our women if we are weak. You shall disappear the way you came penniless very fast hehehe

5 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Pavore9:

The tribe Obama"s father is from, the Luos do share some names with the igbos such as Okoro, Ejimba, Opara, Okechi etc.

Spot on. I suggest you do a history research on that community to know more. You share quite a lot of similarities

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by omonnakoda: 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Do the Ibos gave an equivalent name for Akumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I actually see a lot of south Africans that know Nigerians by their ethnic group on social media.

I don't want to start mentioning the tribe here before they scream tribalism

Oga you are tribalistically funny. Most Nigerians can't even recognize people by tribe not to talk of foreigners.

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Pavore9: 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
I'm
omonnakoda:

Yes Obama is Ibo

His ancestry is Luo.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:

Yes Obama is Ibo
By ancestry you mean...hehehe I see what you did there
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:

Actually I was being sarcastic.
That is ibo folk for you very insecure.
Every conversation somehow has to be about them. You mention ANYTHING e.g giraffes and somehow you find yourself talking about Ibo giraffes

Anyway what is your ethnic group, I dislike the word tribe, and do you have a word for the phenomenon of AKUMU

I am from GEMA tribe. We don't have such a word

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by omonnakoda: 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenyaNairobiGuy:

I am from GEMA tribe. We don't have such a word
I imagine that the word is a "tribal" way of expressing doubt about paternity perhaps the first time the phenomenon was observed in history
Among the Yoruba such a child would be called Ilori

In West Africa names are very important and either Express some prayer or capture an event or circumstance about birth.
Also historically many children died I infancy and this was understood as some reincarnation phenomena which also influenced names.
So I am Interested in names African peoples use

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by NoLotty7(m): 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
l'm not intending to travel there but just a question.What are perspectives of kenyans when the see Nigerians in kenya?
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
NoLotty7:
l'm not intending to travel there but just a question.What are perspectives of kenyans when the see Nigerians in kenya?

They have not yet spoiled the air like they did in SA. Here it peaceful unless they scam someone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Azmanaty: 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
Why do most Kenyan ladies have big butts?

About 7 of them in my office have extra ordinarily big butts

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by edoairways: 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenyaNairobiGuy:

Hehehe. I dint want to touch on this but I have seen Nigeria has very many tribes with good and bad histories running up to now.

We have less than 50 tribes, 5 being the biggest in terms of population and in government positions and owners of businesses
Is Swahili the lingual franca?
Do all Kenyans understand Swahili?
Why K24 stop showing Nollywood movies but they show other foreign movies especially those in light skin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Reacts To Soldiers Cursing Buratai While Fighting Boko Haram (vide / Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State / Channels TV Sunrise Daily Moderators Are Novice!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.