Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

FCC Ok's 6E The New Fast Wifi Standard - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FCC Ok's 6E The New Fast Wifi Standard (609 Views)

FCC Commissioner Calls On Google And Apple To Remove Tiktok From Their App Store / Infinix Note 10 Pro Spotted On FCC And Here's What To Expect / Nokia Gets Its First Phone Of 2020 Fcc-approved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FCC Ok's 6E The New Fast Wifi Standard by directonpc(m): 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Today the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) voted to open up a plot of spectrum in 6GHz band for unlicensed use. Current WiFi broadcasts at 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

With WiFi 6E, devices will broadcast at 6GHz and that will translate to more speed and reliability. 6E is expected to start rolling out by the end of 2020.

When there is a very long list of available WiFi connections in your location, on the current standards, that could lead to less speed and reliability in connection as devices compete for signal. Getting a new 6E router will give you an advantage as your device will not be competing for the current 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

Chip maker Broadcom already announce a WiFi 6E mobile chip and we should start seeing WiFi 6E devices in stores from Q3 2020 and early 2021.

https://towncryer.com.ng/2020/04/23/6e-the-new-super-fast-wifi-rolling-out-in-2020/

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A51 Vs Samsung Galaxy A71 - Speed Test / Please Recommend A Good Weather App For Me / Where Can I Can I Get Samsung A20 For Less Than 60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.