Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,645 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

The Reality Of Predestination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reality Of Predestination (198 Views)

The Fallacy Which Lies In The Theory Of Predestination And Divine Election / The Secret And Truth Of Predestination / The Fallacy In The Theory Of Predestination And Divine Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of Predestination by finestedim(m): 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
THE REALITY OF PREDESTINATION
BY
EDIM M. EDIM
23/4/2020

“Man Know Thyself” is a famous philosophical expression or quote by Socrates, one of the greatest philosophers who ever lived. This quote has provoked many reasonable people to swing into actions in order to ascertain or determine who they really are, and the reason(s) for their existence here on earth. It indicates that man must stand and live according to his nature or destiny. Man has to look at his life and examine it.

Predestination is a theological doctrine which says everything has been foreordained by God or by fate. It means that God freely chooses some people to be the special object of His grace and by this receive eternal salvation. Also simply put, “Pre” meaning “before” and “destination” meaning “point of final arrival”. To predestine something is to determine beforehand where it will end up. That is, one's purpose in life.

Honestly, every man here on earth arguable lives according to his destiny. And as a matter of fact, every life's event unfolds based on how it has been predestined. Have you ever wondered why some people with little or no effort experience unprecedented success, while others struggle with little or no success? Obviously, it shows that the former has been predestined to succeed, while the latter continues to struggle without reasonable success.

The Holy Bible cited some cases of predestination: Prophet “Jeremiah" in Jeremiah 1:5 KJV, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.", “Abraham” in Genesis 17:4 KJV, “As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.", and “Mary” in Luke 1:28, 30-31 KJV, “And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.”

Consequently, the names mentioned above among others were not the only persons in existence in their time, but they were however predestined to become who they were through God's plan or fate. That is why there is a popular saying that “destiny can be delayed, but ccannot be denied.” People live and act based on their destiny here on earth. Some were created to be “good men", while others, “evil men”, some “poor" while others “rich”. Although, there are cases in the bible were some people changed their destiny. Especially the famous case of Jabez in 1 Chronicles 4:9-10. But, that pupported change of destiny was arguably part of his predestination.

Controversially, people's misfortune, stubbornness, sinfulness, good-fortune, success in all ramifications, salvation, mercy and grace, and even those who will die in accidents, and those who will survive these accidents are all a part of predestination. Because in Exodus 8:19, God hardened the heart of King “Pharaoh" in order to destroy him. And “Pharaoh's" stubbornness caused by God later led to his death. The question one should ask his/herself is, what is my destiny? Only God has the power to reveal one's destiny, whether good or bad. Just like in the cases of “Judas Iscariot” in Matthew 17:22, John 18:2(Jesus' Betrayal) “Peter" in Matthew 26:34, 75(denied Jesus) and “Samuel" in 1 Samuel 3:20-21 where he was predestined to be a prophet to Israelites.

The earlier one knows his destiny, the better for him. Because the bible says in Daniel 2:22,28 that He(God) reveals the deep and secret things of this world, He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end( Revelation 1:cool. And in Jeremiah 29:11, the bible also says “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord , thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Inquire and ask God for the purpose of your existence, and you will fulfil your days happily here on earth.

(1) (Reply)

Why Boko Haram Should Not Be Blamed / Eating Your Fiancée Food During Ramadan! / Covid 19: Confusion Of Faces And The Healing Of The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.