Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

The First Youtube Video Ever Uploaded Is 15 Years Old Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The First Youtube Video Ever Uploaded Is 15 Years Old Today (618 Views)

How To Check If Your O’level Result As Been Uploaded To Jamb Portal / Accident Kills Man Who Returned To Nigeria After 15 Years Abroad (Photos) / Man Who Just Returned From Europe After 15 Years Dies In Motor Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Youtube Video Ever Uploaded Is 15 Years Old Today by Prodigee: 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
The first ever YouTube video was uploaded on April 23, 2005 -- exactly 15 years ago, today.
YouTube co-founder Jawed Karim posted the 18-second video, titled "Me at the zoo." It has since garnered over 90 million views. To this day, it is the only video on Karim's channel.

Upon clicking play, the screen fills with a young Karim's face, his disheveled hair taking up the screen front and center. "Alright," Karim begins. "So here we are, in front of the elephants." "The cool thing about these guys is that they have really, really, really long, um, trunks," he continues. "And that's, that's cool."

Unlike many YouTube creators' videos these days, Karim's video does not include what's considered the more traditional sign off: "Subscribe to my channel!" or "Like, rate, comment!" He ends the video simply by stating: "And that's pretty much all there is to say."

A year after "Me at the zoo," Karim and fellow co-founders sold the platform to Google for a whopping $1.65 billion. Now, the platform boasts more than 2 billion logged-in users visit each month, according to YouTube.

YouTube says one billion hours of content is watched daily. And it all began with Karim, at the zoo.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/23/tech/youtube-first-video-jawed-karim-trnd/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQXAC9IVRw

1 Like

Re: The First Youtube Video Ever Uploaded Is 15 Years Old Today by tidalstorm(m): 11:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
God please give me a billion dollar idea.

1 Like

Re: The First Youtube Video Ever Uploaded Is 15 Years Old Today by manuelFORBES(m): 12:40am On Apr 24, 2020
Hmmm. Makes sense
Re: The First Youtube Video Ever Uploaded Is 15 Years Old Today by dawnomike(m): 2:32am On Apr 24, 2020
A very humble start to greatness
Re: The First Youtube Video Ever Uploaded Is 15 Years Old Today by RuggedSniper: 2:57am On May 20, 2020
Prodigee:
The first ever YouTube video was uploaded on April 23, 2005 -- exactly 15 years ago, today.
YouTube co-founder Jawed Karim posted the 18-second video, titled "Me at the zoo." It has since garnered over 90 million views. To this day, it is the only video on Karim's channel.

Upon clicking play, the screen fills with a young Karim's face, his disheveled hair taking up the screen front and center. "Alright," Karim begins. "So here we are, in front of the elephants." "The cool thing about these guys is that they have really, really, really long, um, trunks," he continues. "And that's, that's cool."

Unlike many YouTube creators' videos these days, Karim's video does not include what's considered the more traditional sign off: "Subscribe to my channel!" or "Like, rate, comment!" He ends the video simply by stating: "And that's pretty much all there is to say."

A year after "Me at the zoo," Karim and fellow co-founders sold the platform to Google for a whopping $1.65 billion. Now, the platform boasts more than 2 billion logged-in users visit each month, according to YouTube.

YouTube says one billion hours of content is watched daily. And it all began with Karim, at the zoo.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/23/tech/youtube-first-video-jawed-karim-trnd/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQXAC9IVRw
Re: The First Youtube Video Ever Uploaded Is 15 Years Old Today by aminusanti(m): 7:05am On May 20, 2020
shocked
Re: The First Youtube Video Ever Uploaded Is 15 Years Old Today by meobizy(f): 3:04am On Apr 16, 2021
It will turn 16 soon, as well as this gutter of a forum. At least the administrator here can live off the site, hence why he sees no need to improve.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 11 Pro Max Is Available(#350,000) Company Price / Primevideo.com/mytv - Activate Your Device On Prime / Become A Adobe Premiere Pro And After Effects Video Editor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.