Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

My Real Estate Journey Episode 5 ( Ajebo And Coach Chudi ) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Real Estate Journey Episode 5 ( Ajebo And Coach Chudi ) (613 Views)

My Real Estate Journey Episode 8 (Wale Ayilara- Ceo, Landwey Properties) / My Real Estate Journey Episode 6 ( Sola Sobawale And Coach Chudi ) / My Real Estate Journey Episode 3 ( Josh2funny And Coach Chudi ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Real Estate Journey Episode 5 ( Ajebo And Coach Chudi ) by Middlechaseprop: 1:21am On Apr 24, 2020
Another interesting session of “My Real Estate Story" with the king of rental income, Chudi Kalu- Founder, Middlechase Property Limited. Anchored by one of the finest comedians in the country, Erem Emeka popularly known as Ajebodcomedian, He opened the floor by exposing the minds of the audience to the fact that real estate is not for the rich only as many people think. He said “ some people think that for them to invest in real estate, they have to be the Otedolas or Adenugas of this world. That isn’t the case! If you have been following coach Chudi, you will know that you don’t have to be extremely rich before doing real estate.”
Talking about his intimacy with the real estate guru, Ajebo said coach Chudi had been passionate about real estate right from the days of their hustle when they had nothing. His life is truly a practical and living testimony to those who want to invest in real estate but lack financial capacity.
Would you give us a holistic view of your real estate journey?
Growing up with poor parents in a toxic environment was a major drive to my success. As a trained plumber who has worked with several construction companies, I beame interested in real estate but my initial thought was that the game is for the rich as many people believe. As a young man, I’ve always looked for a way to make money legitimately and this led me into various businesses that were not promising enough.
Eventually, I went back to my early passion and started doing research on how I can invest in real estate. From my discoveries, I realised that someone doesn’t have to be rich before getting started in real estate. I organised pieces of training for people who want to invest in real estate and those people came back with testimonies after applying the methods I taught them. It’s then I realised that it’s high time for me to exclusively venture into the profession. After applying the methods, I got my first real estate deal within six months with zero naira.
What do you mean by “you don’t have to be rich before getting started in real estate”
Like I always say, where you start from is your platform. Many people have criticized me for saying that real estate is not only for the rich. But that’s the truth! As a matter of fact, being rich is relative depending on your definition. With 1 million naira, you can invest in real estate. All you need do is to find an investment that suits that budget and expand it over time. However, a lot of people are waiting to have 50million before going into real estate.
How can someone maximize his/her money in this period?
To maximize your money, invest in income-generating assets. In this period where the economy is facing retrogression and heading towards recession, the best antidote for any individual who wants to escape this inevitable time-bomb is to invest in real estate asset that is serviceable. If you have an asset that isn’t generating cashflow, sell it, and use the money to acquire functional property.
What are the essential factors to consider before owning a property?
To own any property, the first thing you must consider is the motive behind the acquisition of the property. Is the motive mainly for entitlement/bragging rights or rental income?
If the motive of buying a property is basically to generate cash flow, then you must consider the location of the property. For instance, Ibeju-Lekki axis is a promising area for rental property investment and appreciation value due to the economic and social indicators around there. A plot of land selling for #750,000 in 2013 is currently #5,000,000 in that axis.
READ: HOW TO DISCOVER A PROFITABLE RENTAL PROPERTY
What advice would you give to low-income earners who don’t have substantial capital to kick start their real estate journey?
If you don’t have enough money, you can leverage what I call “social capital”.
Social capital is a set of shared values that allows individuals in a group to work together effectively to achieve a common purpose. It simply means your circle of influence. So, if you don’t have enough cash, you can bank on friends and family. For instance, I started real estate with three friends. We came together, contributed a certain amount and the rest is history.
What would be your advice to your enthusiasts in this period of uncertainty?
It’s apparent that the world is combating against COVID-19; the novel virus which has left the planet in a state of pandemonium and chaos. However, when the skirmish ends, another world will evolve and only those that have gotten their financial lives straightened out will rule.
To be part of those who will rule in the world to come, you’ve got to invest in an asset that is tangible, imperishable, indestructible, invincible, and long-lasting.
QUOTE BY COACH CHUDI
. Real estate is the fastest way to get out of poverty.
. There is one thing I know about rental property- Once you receive your first rent as a landlord, you will want to create another avenue for more inflow of rental income.
. Cash is king. If it’s not king, we’ll not be running after it.
. When investing in real estate, your economic reasons must be stronger than emotional rationales.
. Rental Income is the new gold.
. The location where your money is, might not be where you want to stay.
https://medium.com/@middlechaseblog/my-real-estate-story-869a09b80d80

1 Share

Re: My Real Estate Journey Episode 5 ( Ajebo And Coach Chudi ) by Steelarmy01: 1:52am On Apr 25, 2020
Hello guys,I am an aspiring realtor with great passion but no skill and very little knowledge about real estate.
I would love if someone here could take me on as a mentee (protege). I live in Karu, Abuja. I have interest in property sales, construction and everthing that real estate covers.
If you can help a brother's dream come through, kindly call or Whatsapp. 08060622227 thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Fabrication Of Doors And Gate At Your Service / 5 Bedroom Duplex At Royal Garden Estate Lekki / Ileya Promo !!! At Yinkpraise Nigeria Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.