Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

NYSC Help: Foreign Graduate - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Help: Foreign Graduate (894 Views)

NYSC: Help!!! What Could Be The Reason / . / Howto Apply For Exemption Certificate By Foreign Graduate (distance Learning) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Help: Foreign Graduate by etuoyo: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
Does anyone know if it is possible for an NYSC batch to be full so it becomes a first come first serve basis?  Or for NYSC to all of a sudden cut short the registration date?

Reason I ask is that I am currently based in the UK and moving to Nigeria for the next batch commencing March 2010.  I have booked my ticket to Nigeria for 19th February to register before the deadline of 25th February.

I had previously gone to register during a trip to Nigeria in September and went filled and the forms and had all the documents checked and approved.  However I decided the next batch resumption date was too soon so did not submit the docs.  Asked if I could submit then for the next batch and the NYSC officer said no that I would have to come back when the submission window for that batch opened.  As I already had all the docs checked and all I felt it was silly having to go to Nigeria to repeat the whole process. So I sent the form and docs to my Brother-in-law to submit on my behalf.  The man refused to collect the docs because the back of the form was torn (which incredibly enough he tore himself when he was reviewing the form and docs when I had gone to submit).  He said if it was not torn he would have allowed my brother in law to submit for me.  On top of that he is saying I should come now to submit because NYSC policy can change anytime and if I leave it till around the deadline I may be unable to submit. 

Does anyone know if this is at all possible?  I really do not want to waste £600 on a return ticket for nothing and really do not want to go and submit at this time as I have so much to sort out here in the UK ahead of my move.  Do not even really have enough time to sort everything out let alone wasting more time going to Nigeria to submit form.  From the time I have spent with this NYSC officer I have seen he is an extremely difficult and unreasonable man who enjoys making things difficult for people and I would not be at all suprised if he is just saying this new one he has come up with to make me incur unnecessary costs and waste my time.  He is also claiming he already has forms for the batch after March.  Yet when I wanted to submit a batch early he clearly said this was not possible.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Madueke: You Do Not Need An Nysc To Be A Minister / Life After NYSC...... / What On Earth Is The Reason For Delaying Our Alawi.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.