Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,333 members, 7,954,354 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? (276 Views)

Remi Tinubu Demands Capital Punishment For Child Abductors / Uche Ogah: No Going Back On Capital Punishment For Illegal Gold Miners / Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by seunoo7: 3:50am On Apr 24, 2020
Looking at the current situation in Nigeria one will assume corruption is the number one problem of the country,this made me to come into conclusion that more strict rules should be made to cut the corruption among the politicians,I believe there are some countries who have practice or still practicing capital punishment for corruption and the end result is wonderful.
I wonder why any senator never raised a motion in the house about capital punishment for corruption,this is to show that this people don't me good for us at all,they will rather give capital punishment to harm robbery than corruption,and in reality corruption has done more harm than armed robbery.i believe our able Me President who claims to be totally against corruption should consider passing this kind of issue to the house for evaluation.thank you..just my opinion,what do you think??
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by viccipedia: 4:11am On Apr 24, 2020
Who will pass or enforce the bill?
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:38am On Apr 24, 2020
viccipedia:
Who will pass or enforce the bill?

exactly!!!! polithieves stand by polithieves....
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by viccipedia: 4:51am On Apr 24, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

exactly!!!! polithieves stand by polithieves....
exactly! That’s why we’re where were we grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by Nobody: 5:11am On Apr 24, 2020
This topic can never make it to the NA. It will die a natural death right on the social media.
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by Nuzo1(m): 5:14am On Apr 24, 2020
First, a corrupt man will most unlikely pass or make such a law.

Secondly, for the same reason even the crimes that comes with capital punishments in Nigeria are not being executed. No forensic investigation.

Without a forensic investigation, corruption will mar the process and you will end up killing a bunch of innocent people.

Ever wondered why the president and governors never sign for those on deathrow to be executed? Due to no forensic investigations in such cases, nobody wants to kill an 'innocent' man.

So, until you get your investigative process clean and on point, it's dangerous to even suggest any crime whatsoever for a capital punishment.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:20am On Apr 24, 2020
viccipedia:
exactly! That’s why we’re where were we grin grin

the people need to rise up (like in Egypt) and get rid of these useless leaders...
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by helinues: 5:21am On Apr 24, 2020
And who will vote and pass the law?
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by orisa37: 6:18am On Apr 24, 2020
IT'S AN ILL WIND THAT BLOWS NO ONE ANY GOOD. IT MIGHT BE WORSE THAN COVID19 AND KILL ALL OF US INDISCRIMINATELY. JUST PROVE THE CORRUPT CASES AND CONFISCATE ALL THEIR PROPERTIES.
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by oweniwe(m): 6:36am On Apr 24, 2020
Ethnicity... Tribalism

If an igbo president is in power and Hausa man is convicted of corruption, what will people say?
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by CodeTemplar: 6:41am On Apr 24, 2020
The people corruption favours the most, are in charge of the law.
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by Miracle1991: 6:49am On Apr 24, 2020
The useless senators that you people are worshipping are the most corrupt politicians in the world.
They should vote and pass that law lets see if the president will not ascend to it. If the president refuse to ascend to the law then we blame the executive for all the corruption in the country.
Our problem is the national assembly.
Re: Why Don't Nigeria Adopt Capital Punishment For Corruption?? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:56am On Apr 24, 2020
That's not possible.

(1) (Reply)

How Abba Kyari almost became Obasanjo’s Vice-President —Mamman Daura / Scam Alert!!! Unlock Your Common Sense!!! Insult On Pastors??? / Buhari Warns Military - "We Will Not Tolerate Any Human Rights Abuses"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.