Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nigeria Draws Red Line For China - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Draws Red Line For China (1612 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Red Line Rail Project (Photos And Videos) / Lagos State Red Line Train Arrives NRC Yard, Alagomeji (Pictures) / Ibrahim Maqari On Deborah Samuel: Muslims Have Red Line That Must Not Be Crossed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Skipogist: 8:55am On Apr 24, 2020
The Federal Government has described racial discrimination in Guangzhou, China, as a red line, vowing to fight it to the very end. Speaking in Abuja yesterday at a briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Foreign Affairs Minister Geoffrey Onyeama condemned reported maltreatment of Nigerians and other Africans in Guangzhou.

He said Nigeria had made it clear to the Chinese Government that under no circumstances would it accept racial discrimination against Nigerians or indeed Africans or blacks in China “Now, we’ve been engaging with Chinese government at various levels at the level of our Consulate in Guangzhou, which is where these cases of discrimination and racism have been taking place and also at the federal level Beijing with our ambassador and the embassy in Beijing. “They (the Chinese Government) have in turn told us there’s no case of that ongoing. But clearly, we’re seeing videos, I’ve received reports and we’ve told them it’s unacceptable and we’re also engaging with other African countries to decide and work together on definitive steps and measures we’ll take because of this situation.

“In addition, I’ve directed the Consulate in Guangzhou to systematically detail every single case of discrimination and every single case of loss or damage suffered by any Nigerian and we’ll pursue each and every single one very robustly with the Chinese government. If it requires compensation and damages etc.

“So for us, it’s a red line and we are going to fight it to the very end. We’re extremely disappointed because we have excellent relations with the government and people of China, that such a thing can happen at this stage,” the minister said. “Really we’re deeply wounded by what has happened to Nigerians and other Africans in China. Of course, the government has given us explanations and so forth, but really, it’s something we never expected and we’ll pursue it to its final conclusion and we’ll not make any compromises in doing so.

Source: http://skipogist.com/nigeria-draws-red-line-for-china/

Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by TimmyA: 8:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Lame reply from people that can hardly pull any string, people that makes us look weak through their begging for loan and infrastructure. "Won ti je dodo, won o le so ododo mo".

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by crispus09(m): 9:01am On Apr 24, 2020
grin so what will nigeria and Africa at large do when china is literally the one funding/feeding us.
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Skipogist: 9:05am On Apr 24, 2020
crispus09:
grin so what will nigeria and Africa at large do when china is literally the one founding/feeding us.
They are not feeding us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Skipogist: 9:05am On Apr 24, 2020
TimmyA:
Lame reply from people that can hardly pull any string, people that makes us look weak through their begging for loan and infrastructure. "Won ti je dodo, won o le so ododo mo".
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by crispus09(m): 9:33am On Apr 24, 2020
Skipogist:

They are not feeding us

Tell me what they are doing since our leaders depend on them to borrow us or let me say fund us to run our economy.
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by WATCHOVER(m): 9:45am On Apr 24, 2020
Chinese attitude towards Africans is becoming something else, the other day I was watching one of the Chinese TV stations they were airing an advert on one of their laundry product it was involving a black guy walking toward a Chinese girl in a romantic way then of a sudden I say the Chinese lady push the black guy into the washing machine and applied the laundry product instead the machine, after washing the black guy with the product the guy later turned Chinese.

I laughed and same time I was sad.
First thing on my mind was so they look we black as dirty to the extent of using washing machine that is made for cleaning clothes on human.
This was a sign of racism.
But trust me Nigeria is still at the mercy of Chinese government thanks to our government for their insensitivity to invest on its economy and welfare of her citizens, but instead derives Joy in borrowing and investing on foreigners.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by helinues: 9:47am On Apr 24, 2020
Well na from Skibo news.

Nigeria that is looking for loan to Fund her budget.

Tell us something new
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Otsam(m): 9:56am On Apr 24, 2020
Bunch of hypocrites, beating chest over what is happening over there all because it would be televised. The Chinese are doing more than that right here on our soil under their nose. The treatments Nigerians gets in the Chinese factories here in Nigeria is worse and can just be called a modern slave trade. They know it, the labour people will go their just to collect brown envelopes in exchange for the blood and sweats of their fellow countrymen, the governors are getting rebates, the ministers are not left out. Nothing is heard about that because it’s going to affect their royalties. God will judge you all.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Afolabimills(m): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2020
Abeg live China alone Nigerians don't like each other let alone China nairaland here there are so people they can't help u out but rather pick holes in ur request n shout for help as if it's their money u are begging for wicked set of people here in Africa n Nigeria nairaland too
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by rejoice4eva(m): 11:11am On Apr 24, 2020
Hypocrites. We are not all fools as you erroneously believed
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by sapientia(m): 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
Audio Green Line..

Hehehehe
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Skipogist: 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
crispus09:

Tell me what they are doing since our leaders depend on them to borrow us or let me say fund us to run our economy.
cry
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Skipogist: 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
grin
sapientia:
Audio Green Line..

Hehehehe
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Skipogist: 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
rejoice4eva:
Hypocrites. We are not all fools as you erroneously believed
hmm
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Skipogist: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Afolabimills:
Abeg live China alone Nigerians don't like each other let alone China nairaland here there are so people they can't help u out but rather pick holes in ur request n shout for help as if it's their money u are begging for wicked set of people here in Africa n Nigeria nairaland too
I tire oh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Sctests: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Afolabimills:

Lol.. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Skipogist: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Otsam:
Bunch of hypocrites, beating chest over what is happening over there all because it would be televised. The Chinese are doing more than that right here on our soil under their nose. The treatments Nigerians gets in the Chinese factories here in Nigeria is worse and can just be called a modern slave trade. They know it, the labour people will go their just to collect brown envelopes in exchange for the blood and sweats of their fellow countrymen, the governors are getting rebates, the ministers are not left out. Nothing is heard about that because it’s going to affect their royalties. God will judge you all.
shocked
Re: Nigeria Draws Red Line For China by Skipogist: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
helinues:
Well na from Skibo news.

Nigeria that is looking for loan to Fund her budget.

Tell us something new

Skipogist.com

Smiles.. Ok wait for something new

(1) (Reply)

After "Successful Fainting" Acting MD Of NDDC Walks Home (video) / I Regret Canvassing For #endsars / Lai Mohammed Pays Himself 90million Naira A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.