Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

BEST DEFINITION OF GOD - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / BEST DEFINITION OF GOD (463 Views)

What Is The Definition Of A Muslim According To The Quran Or Hadith? / Definition and the Meaning of “Islam” – Imam Ibn Baz (rahimahullaah) / The Definition Of Sunnah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by Haqqu: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2020
In the name of Allah ( God) the Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Different religions of the world have a being or thing they refer to as God. In Islam,Allah (God) is the All powerful, All knowing ruler of the Universe. Chapter 112(Surah Ikhlas) of the Quran is the best answer when it comes to defining who Allah (God) is. It not only tells us who and what God is, it also tells us what God is not.It says thus:

1.Say: He is Allah (God), The One and Only
2.Allah (God),the Absolute and Eternal
3.He begets not, nor is He begotten
4. And there is nothing like Him.

Verse1:Say: He is Allah , The One and Only.
He is the One and Only God, the Only to whom worship is due, all other things and beings are His creatures and in no way comparable to Him.

Verse 2:Allah (God) the Absolute and Eternal.
He is eternal without beginning or end. Absolute not limited by time or space or circumstance.

Verse 3:He begets not nor is He begotten.
He has no son or father, for that would be to import animal qualities in Him.

Verse 4: And there is nothing like Him.
He is not like any person or thing that we know or can imagine, for His nature is so sublime far beyound our limited conceptions. His qualities and nature are UNIQUE
This sums up the whole argument and warns us specially against ANTHROPOMORPHISM: the tendency to conceive of Allah (God) after our own pattern, an insidious tendency that creeps in at all times and among all peoples.
Surah Ikhlas is the "touch stone" of theology.The litmus test for any thing or being referred to as God.
Put that God you worship to the test of Surah Ikhlas if it passes then it is a TRUE GOD if it fails then it is a FALSE god
Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by tintingz(m): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
Haqqu:
In the name of Allah ( God) the Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Different religions of the world have a being or thing they refer to as God. In Islam,Allah (God) is the All powerful, All knowing ruler of the Universe. Chapter 112(Surah Ikhlas) of the Quran is the best answer when it comes to defining who Allah (God) is. It not only tells us who and what God is, it also tells us what God is not.It says thus:

1.Say: He is Allah (God), The One and Only
2.Allah (God),the Absolute and Eternal
3.He begets not, nor is He begotten
4. And there is nothing like Him.

Verse1:Say: He is Allah , The One and Only.
He is the One and Only God, the Only to whom worship is due, all other things and beings are His creatures and in no way comparable to Him.

Verse 2:Allah (God) the Absolute and Eternal.
He is eternal without beginning or end. Absolute not limited by time or space or circumstance.

Verse 3:He begets not nor is He begotten.
He has no son or father, for that would be to import animal qualities in Him.

Verse 4: And there is nothing like Him.
He is not like any person or thing that we know or can imagine, for His nature is so sublime far beyound our limited conceptions. His qualities and nature are UNIQUE
This sums up the whole argument and warns us specially against ANTHROPOMORPHISM: the tendency to conceive of Allah (God) after our own pattern, an insidious tendency that creeps in at all times and among all peoples.
Surah Ikhlas is the "touch stone" of theology.The litmus test for any thing or being referred to as God.
Put that God you worship to the test of Surah Ikhlas if it passes then it is a TRUE GOD if it fails then it is a FALSE god

This is how Religions make people deluded.

Hindu will say same thing about their God.

Yorubas will say same thing about their God

Christians, Zoroastrianism, Jews and other thousands Religions will say something about their God.

They all believe their version of God is the true and only God, it's not about which God make sense (Ofcos their God make sense to them), it's about which God exist. You can't disprove another God with your your delusional belief, no it's doesn't work that way. This is a belief system, you can't invalidate a belief system with another belief system. Very illogical.

When I see Muslims and Christians argue, it's looks like two deluded clowns arguing, they can never reach a logical conclusion, their argument is base on beliefs rather than facts or evidence.

Allah is just an anthropomorphic God that has humans quality like emotions, anger, happiness, thinks etc just like other anthropomorphic deities, saying he's not is a dissonance. We can read similar human behavior in the Qur'an about Allah's character.

All Gods cannot be right and as well cannot be wrong, this is the paradox and delusion theists have to live with rather than trying to invalidate other people's beliefs with their delusions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by IMAliyu(m): 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
tintingz:

This is how Religions make people deluded.

Hindu will say same thing about their God.

Yorubas will say same thing about their God

Christians, Zoroastrianism, Jews and other thousands Religions will say something about their God.

They all believe their version of God is the true and only God, it's not about which God make sense (Ofcos their God make sense to them), it's about which God exist. You can't disprove another God with your your delusional belief, no it's doesn't work that way. This is a belief system, you can't invalidate a belief system with another belief system. Very illogical.

When I see Muslims and Christians argue, it's looks like two deluded clowns arguing, they can never reach a logical conclusion, their argument is base on beliefs rather than facts or evidence.

Allah is just an anthropomorphic God that has humans quality like emotions, anger, happiness, thinks etc just like other anthropomorphic deities, saying he's not is a dissonance. We can read similar human behavior in the Qur'an about Allah's character.

All Gods cannot be right and as well cannot be wrong, this is the paradox and delusion theists have to live with rather than trying to invalidate other people's beliefs with their delusions.
What interests me is the fact that every civilization of humans that have ever been recorded have had some form of deity(s) or another.
This causes me to believe that a belief in a deity is the default state of mind for majority of people.
Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by tintingz(m): 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
IMAliyu:

What interests me is the fact that every civilization of humans that have ever been recorded have had some form of deity(s) or another.
This causes me to believe that a belief in a deity is the default state of mind for majority of people.

If belief in a deity is a default state of mind then everyone should have one version of belief of a deity but it's not.

Our early hominid ancestors don't believe in any deities, humans evolve into Religions the moment the brain evolved bigger and we can think, develop languages, society etc Gods myths came about from ignorance and social control. Other specie don't believe in deities, so why humans? Is it because we can speak and create society?

The fact that each religions have different mythologies of their God shows that they are man-made. A child that's born have no knowledge of any God or belief till he/she is indoctrinate to a belief. Yes humans may have a sense of a belief in fact we do have but doesn't make them true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by AntiChristian: 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
Allaah is one and only God!

Take it or leave it.

Muslims leave tintingz alone.

Let's keep our fast do more beneficial good deeds and earn more rewards!
Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by tintingz(m): 8:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
AntiChristian:
Allaah is one and only God!

Take it or leave it.

Muslims leave tintingz alone.

Let's keep our fast do more beneficial good deeds and earn more rewards!

Doesn't mean it's the true God to others.
Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by AntiChristian: 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
tintingz:

Doesn't mean it's the true God to others.

What's your P since you don't even believe In God in the first place?
Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by tintingz(m): 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
AntiChristian:

What's your P since you don't even believe In God in the first place?

Y'all disturb me with your delusions daily, so it's my P!
Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by AntiChristian: 4:12pm On Apr 27, 2020
tintingz:

Y'all disturb me with your delusions daily, so it's my P!

Who is disturbing you? Your family, Nairalanders or is it me that's on lockdown?

We believe in Allaah! The creator and cherisher of all that exists.
Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by tintingz(m): 12:53am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiChristian:

Who is disturbing you? Your family, Nairalanders or is it me that's on lockdown?

We believe in Allaah! The creator and cherisher of all that exists.

The mosque in my street disturbs.
Re: BEST DEFINITION OF GOD by AntiChristian: 11:07am On Apr 28, 2020
tintingz:

The mosque in my street disturbs.

Government has banned gathering and LASEPA is in charge of Noise pollution.

Why not channel your grievances to the right quarters?

(1) (Reply)

Kanoute Vows To Help Disabled Man During Ramadan / What Islam Says About Beating Your Child / Islam Kills Racism - Malcolm X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.