Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. (815 Views)

India Beats Russia, US To Become First Country To Land On The Moon's Lunar Pole / Bukele: El Salvador Adopts Bitcoin As Legal Tender, The First Country / Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by bro4u: 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mauritania has a population of four million people and it is one of the few African countries that have so far recorded single-digit infection along with the likes of Burundi, Sao Tome and Principe, South Sudan.

Authorities in Mauritania say the country does not have an active case of Coronavirus as at today after all six patients tested negative out of the seven confirmed cases.

The other patient died of the disease, the Africanews reported on Tuesday night.

Mauritania said it continued to carry out tests since March 13 when the index case was recorded. The country is currently enforcing a night-time curfew as part of containment efforts.

“Congratulations to Mauritania, today officially COVID-19-free. May many other countries follow suit,” Mamadou Sow, Head of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Southern Africa, tweeted on Tuesday night.

“Mauritania had only seven cases. One died, six recovered. 

"This should have been our story if they shut all borders after the Italian man tested positive to the virus (in Nigeria),” a Nigerian identified as Victor wrote on Twitter.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/21/mauritania-west-african-country-seven-covid-19-cases-one-death-now-coronavirus-free

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, OAM4J
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by chukwunedum150(m): 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
I believe Nigeria will soon be free by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by Simplyleo: 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
Africa shall be safe.

Cow wey no get tail, Na God dey help am pursue flies.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by Smartbrainfix: 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
Wow! I wish the Same for Nigeria
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by Guide777(m): 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
Good country , good people
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by Ivimilly: 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
Good for them but it's a Banana republic with little or no international traffic unlike Nigerians that investors flock into or that each family has one relative in the abroad. If you doubt me, ask mallam Abba relatives
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by helinues: 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
Good to read
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by Nbote(m): 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
Serious countries with serious govt
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by GOFRONT(m): 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Nigeria has all it takes to be declared officially free but our Corrupt unscrupulous elements at the helms of affiars have rather chosen to tarnish the image of the country...
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by iyatrustee(f): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mauritania is a mere 4million large country when compared to Nigeria with her 200million.
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by WaleGab: 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
Africa shall be safe.

Cow wey no get tail, Na God dey help am pursue flies.

[/s]
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by whycee001(m): 9:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by bro4u: 6:45am On Aug 12, 2020
whycee001:

I sent Pm
please respond
Already done that boss
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by whycee001(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
bro4u:
Already done that boss
av resent PM because I didn't see ur response can I get ur mail or contact
Re: COVID-19: Mauritania Becomes First Country To Be Declared Officially Free. by bro4u: 2:17am On Aug 13, 2020
whycee001:

av resent PM because I didn't see ur response
can I get ur mail or contact
Check again sir, I replied your mail.

(1) (Reply)

Detroit City Worker Blows Whistle, Claims Ballots Were Ordered Backdated / This Comedian Has Not Learnt His Lesson / Ukraine Says Scores Of Russians Killed In Kherson Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.