Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. (439 Views)

American Rapper Vs Nigeria Rapper / Nigeria Rapper Base In America Leon Remnant Is Thanking God For The Twins / Who Is The Greatest Rapper Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. by Kyrx(m): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
Yeah, rightly said imho smiley

If you've got contrary opinions, let's discuss..

1 Like

Re: Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. by FirstCounsel(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
I quite agree with you. But don't know why his music is not widely marketed and circulated...
Re: Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. by TIKAMBABA1(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
It seems u haven't heard of rappers like vector, erigga, m. I, phyno, olamide, phenom, etc. What i have learnt about rap is that we shud nt call a single rapper the best cos all of his songs cannot be said to be outstanding, some songs must definitely fall below standard
Re: Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. by Aidlyfe: 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
If Modenine is the best rapper dead or alive, M I then is god
Re: Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. by Kyrx(m): 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
FirstCounsel:
I quite agree with you. But don't know why his music is not widely marketed and circulated...

I think his music isn't generally accepted here because,

Firstly, man is super intelligent, easily above average, his word play is superb, and you gotta be really smart to decipher his lyrics, which means that his music is above average mind understanding. No offense meant!

Secondly, we aren't used with that hardcore raps here, his music is better suited for the westerners, that's why dude relocated back to UK and stopped making music here, if people can't dance to it, it won't sell here, the main reason that CDQ would sell more than Vector any day and anytime.

And even more worse, the show promoters and the media give less importance to anything that isn't afro pop, no media coverage to them at all. Terry tha Rapman is 20x better than Zlatan in quality, but where is dude today in the industry?

3 Likes

Re: Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. by Kyrx(m): 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Aidlyfe:
If Modenine is the best rapper dead or alive, M I then is god

MI is overated bro, I've listened to both of em, Polymaf is way above him, in Africa rap industry, Modo is the One Above All.

Go the two bros out on YouTube, and compare and contrast their works, the difference is clear like a day. Don't even compare MI to Ruggedman bro, that one would murdered him lyrically, pair him with Vector or Terry.
Re: Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. by Kyrx(m): 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
TIKAMBABA1:
It seems u haven't heard of rappers like vector, erigga, m. I, phyno, olamide, phenom, etc. What i have learnt about rap is that we shud nt call a single rapper the best cos all of his songs cannot be said to be outstanding, some songs must definitely fall below standard

Wrt to your last lines, you're absolutely right! Quality of works of course won't be always the same, it's the same with everyone (all artistes), however, book a date with his discography, it easily dwarfs other rapper's own, including the ones you listed.

Besides Vector and M-I, AQ isn't match with all those guys quality wise.
Re: Modenine Is Best Nigeria Rapper Ever, Death Or Alive. by Aidlyfe: 6:58am On Apr 25, 2020
Kyrx:

MI is overated bro, I've listened to both of em, Polymaf is way above him, in Africa rap industry, Modo is the One Above All.

Go the two bros out on YouTube, and compare and contrast their works, the difference is clear like a day. Don't even compare MI to Ruggedman bro, that one would murdered him lyrically, pair him with Vector or Terry.

Brother, M I has been and would remain the best rap act ever from Nigeria. In fact, Choc boiz would come 123 before any other person.

The only rapper to feature M I and was “noticeable” is Yung6ix and the track was Export... M I murdered that track, just that Yung6ix came above expectations.

M I is not just the best but has been the standard.

(1) (Reply)

Drake - Not You Too Ft Chris Brown (dark Lane Dem Tapes) / Magic Finger - Don Smasher / Download Mp3: Martinsfeelz X Zura – Unstoppable (mixed By Johnbosco)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.