Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:57 AM

Who Knew This Was A Thing? Virtual Concerts. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Who Knew This Was A Thing? Virtual Concerts. (853 Views)

TODAY GAME 8 Things You (probably) Never Knew About Anakin Skywalker / These 13-year-old Board Game Creators Can Teach All Entrepreneurs A Thing Or Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Knew This Was A Thing? Virtual Concerts. by meobizy(f): 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
I was as usual scrolling through my daily dose of ignorance aka African American urban sites when I came across video reactions to Travis Scott's Fortnite concert. It's now a thing for the developers of the popular video game to organise a virtual performance -- thrown by a mainstream artist -- in celebration of the end of muiltplayer seasons. A google search revealed the seasons last as short as ten weeks and sometimes as long as eighteen weeks. I am not a regular gamer neither do I have an idea of what the seasons comprise of. Any needed information regarding those is only a google query away, which I am not ready to carry out. I gave the video a watch and was blown away. For a video game it replicated very well the experience of attending a real life concert.

Have a look.

Travis Scott's event. This happened early this morning (Nigerian Time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtVEaRx8FYw

It is reported the event had a twelve million viewer attendance. I find it unbelievable because I saw at most a hundred and twenty avatars in the game.

I went searching for more and came across the first event of its kind: Marshmello's Fortnite Concert, which took place in February last year. Once again the avatars on the screen look about two hundred to two hundred and fortyish. I'm sure the real life attendance was also in the millions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBsCzN-jfvA

What I like the most about the second video is that a full minute in one completely forgets they are viewing a video game. My best part is 5:15 where all the viewing avatars perform the same dance in tune to the music.

With the Coronavirus keeping everybody indoors for the time being I foresee this as the new form of entertainment artists will use to keep themselves busy. They don't need to look good or make a physical performance. All they need is to send songs via email to game developers and probably perform a twenty minute full body scan to create an in-game avatar for the performance. The little pay and huge promotion they'll get for the effort won't hurt in any way.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Play Solitaire? (and Potentially Earn Cash Too) / Difference Between 40gb And 60-80gb Playstation 3 / Check This Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.