Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,435 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units (657 Views)

Police Summon Lagos Residents For Not Paying Over ‘300% Hike In Waste Disposal / NLC Mobilises For Protests Against Fuel Price Hike On Jan. 27th, Feb. 1st / NLC To Embark On Nationwide Protest Against Fuel Hike On January 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2020
Hello pals,
am bringing this terrible fact that's not soothing to you to air out your opinions,

her complain is this, 1000 only last 5 days, so I decided to do research and pull up some facts, such as the amount of energy used by her deep freezer that's 140watts, consume 1.4 kw of energy per hour,

checking Nairaland and found the thread on 300% hyped charges raised some questions, but cross referencing different utilities bills, comes another nightmare,

From 3 different recipes have 3 different charges,
And I really want to know why?

Some folks suggested that your bills and charges is determined by the location you are living and other three factors such as if your are using it for private, commercial or industrial purposes,

Which again got me scratching my head reason being that, from my perspective and understanding of electricity during my studies in school, if an appliance of 40 watts like your hydrogen bulb consumes 0.4 watts of energy per hour,
If the same 40watt bulb is used in commercial or industrial buildings, it will not utter it energy consumption because the purpose of usage is changed, it will still take 0.4kw of energy from electricity power supply,

Now why do people have to pay for the same products for high prices when there is no difference in the energy consumption?

For instance fuel cost N123 per litre & the taxi drivers and private car owners are buying it at the same price but the usage is for different purpose,
Some I need know why, some say the unit allocation depends on agent you bought from like seriously?

Meaning it's unit is utterable? When there is no areas?

Re: 300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units by Nbote(m): 9:34am On Apr 25, 2020
Every arm of dis country is a scam... Afta years of paying 10k monthly for estimated billing of over 13k monthly, I decided to apply for a prepaid meter and paid 70k for a 3-phase meter last year September. Jus yesterday I tried buying more units thru buypower and was told I had to buy a minimum of 45000 worth of units to offset my old accumulated bill!!! Jus like dat ooo.. No prior notice or warning..

1 Like

Re: 300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units by carbon1224(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2020
I discovered my meter is running more than the exact rate .i think this people silently increased without notifying us.

1 Like

Re: 300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:44am On Apr 25, 2020
Nbote:
Every arm of dis country is a scam... Afta years of paying 10k monthly for estimated billing of over 13k monthly, I decided to apply for a prepaid meter and paid 70k for a 3-phase meter last year September. Jus yesterday I tried buying more units thru buypower and was told I had to buy a minimum of 45000 worth of units to offset my old accumulated bill!!! Jus like dat ooo.. No prior notice or warning..
This my friend is level one top scammers and Nigerian government is focused on cruxifying yahoo Boys, forgetting MTN, 9mobile, Airtel, PHC that are scammers with brands.
Most of the previous bills allocation is unclear and still another framework of fraud in the sence that when you stopped using electricity, less energy will be consumed with or without meter

1 Like

Re: 300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units by Nbote(m): 9:47am On Apr 25, 2020
mrcoolautofix:

This my friend is level one top scammers and Nigerian government is focused on cruxifying yahoo Boys, forgetting MTN, 9mobile, Airtel, PHC that's are scammers with brands.
Most of the previous bills allocation is unclear and still another framework of fraud in the sence that when you stopped using electricity, less energy will be consumed with or without meter

D annoying part was dat I had made several complaints both verbal and written about d exorbitant billing.. Imagine charging a 3 bedroom flat with no ACs and jus 1 deep freezer at over 350kw/h.. Na industry I dey run??
Re: 300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2020
As usual with all pur rants.
It ends online.
Re: 300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units by mrcoolautofix(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2020
sassysure:
As usual with all pur rants.
It ends online.

So You assume everyone is like you who is still wearing pampers and napkins at 40?

If the rest grumbles and end here, that's them,
Re: 300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units by mrcoolautofix(m): 10:28am On Apr 25, 2020
carbon1224:
I discovered my meter is running more than the exact rate .i think this people silently increased without notifying us.

Yes they actually does stuffs like that, cos this very woman told me initially when she bought the meter new, the appliances she is using has not changed she recharged 1k and it serve her for a month, a Nepa man came one day looked at the meter and told her that her meter is for private she is using it for commercial, and copied the meter number and went away, since that very day till now, 1k now last a 5 to 6 days. I believe any digital electronics can be cracked and hacked and that's what that Nepa man just deed
Re: 300% Hike On Electricity Charge Is 419, N1000 For 24.9 Units by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2020
This country is bleeped up. And Nigerians are not ready to do anything about it

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Appointed 38 Persons To The Board Of Federal Character Commission / Dino Melaye Surprises Banana Hawkers With Stack Of Cash (video) / BREAKING: Police Seal APC National Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.