Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Governor Obaseki's Chief Of Staff Resigns Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki's Chief Of Staff Resigns Appointment (282 Views)

BREAKING: New Chief Of Staff Resigns Appointment, SCDDD / DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff / Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Governor Obaseki's Chief Of Staff Resigns Appointment by Officialhorlah(m): 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
- Taiwo Akerele, the chief of staff to Edo state governor Godwin Obaseki, has thrown in the towel
- Akerele did not say much about his reasons for deciding to move on from the governor's cabinet
- Reports, however, claim that he was displeased with being sidelined by the governor
Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state's chief of
staff, Taiwo Akerele has resigned his appointment. The Nation reports on Saturday, April 25 that
Akerele threw in the towel after accusing the
governor of sidelining him in state matters. Legit.ng, however, notes that this was not included in the former chief of staff's letter and could not be
immediately verified. Although Akerele stated clearly that he remained
loyal to the governor's dream of transforming the
south-south state, he noted that it was time he
watched from the sidelines. In his resignation letter dated April 25, 2020,
Akerele wrote: “My decision to exit the government
is based on administrative and governance
grounds. “I am solidly with His Excellency, Mr. Godwin
Obaseki, in his quest to transform Edo State. His
mission and vision resonate with mine. “This is all I have to say, I will like to be given the
opportunity to go private as I part ways
administratively with the government, based on
principles.
“I thank His Excellency for the opportunity given to
me to serve in this capacity and also thanks to His
Royal Majesty, Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, for his
immense leadership and support during the period
I served in this capacity. May his reign be long and
peaceful. Amen” Akerele, an indigene of Igarra in Akoko-Edo Local
Government Area of Edo State, was appointed chief
of staff to the governor on November 14, 2016. The state government has yet to respond to the
resignation.
Legit.ng notes that Akerele had survived a purge of Governor Obaseki's cabinet in later 2019 . The governor of Edo sacked all his 264 aides
representing wards and local government areas in
the state.
The aides that were sacked on Wednesday, October
2, comprised 192 special assistants, 54 senior
special assistants and 18 special assistants. The development was confirmed by Osarodion
Ogie, the secretary to the state, who said that the
sack was in keeping with Governor Obaseki's plan
to restructure the government for better delivery of
service.
https://www.legit.ng/1324163-governor-obasekis-chief-staff-resigns-appointment.html

Re: Governor Obaseki's Chief Of Staff Resigns Appointment by Mynd44: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2020

(1)

Covid-19: Full Text Of President Buhari's Speech This Evening / Tribute To #his #excellency, #papa Dr.#kenneth #kaunda On His #96th #birthday. / Alex Otti Might Well Be The Most Odious Liar Known To Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.