|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,963,940 members, 7,191,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 29 November 2022 at 08:26 AM
Present Situation Of Centrifugal Pump Performance Test / Google Bans Its Workers From Using Zoom Video Conferencing Application / 2 Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students Die While Returning From Nightclub In Akure (2) (3) (4)
|Appraising Present Situation Of Rufus Giwa Poly, Owo -the Plight Of Its Workers by teemsyn: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2020|
This is based on careful analytical evaluation of the problem facing the workforce of the above named institution.
It is highly unfortunate that the workers of Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo as at the time of this writeup have not received a dime as salary since the beginning of this year, January-2020 to date.
It is on record that they are still being owed salaries for December 2016 and January 2017 respectively.
Why all these?
(1) The chairman of the governing council, The Rector The Registrar and the Burser, are all from the same senatorial zone of the state and they are not ready to tell the Governor the true position of things in the Polytechnic.
(2) The management and the council have succeeded in subduing the three existing Trade union on the campus viz ASUP, NASU and SAANIP. Infact the chairman ASUP, Mr Ijawoye is currently being dismissed with another exco member of ASUP in person of Mr Arikawe, hence the fear is already in the other union members, they don't want to loose their jobs.
(3) It is believed that the monthly Subvention for the Polytechnic from government is not enough for the payment of salaries, yet they still engaged in recruitment Jamboree, employing everyday the institution is highly overstaffed. It is going to a situation where the staff strength is more than the students population.
(4) The Polytechnic is having the highest number of pensioners as the oldest tertiary institutions in the state.
(5) The chairman governing council is from Isuada, the Registrar is from Isuada, the Burser is from Isuada, hence they are able to submerged the workforce of the poly with Isuada people, in fact an average Isuada citizen see himself or herself as a potential poly staff if not already there.
(6) Whenever the governing council meet, they take their sitting allowance, not minding if the workers are paid or not.
It is a sin when you deliberately decides to be punishing people under you unjustly.
(7) We appeal to Mr Ogundahunsi Gani the Rector, Mr Atiku Sule, the Registrar and Mr Banji Alabi to resign if they can not handle the place properly.
( We appeal to the Governor to please stop playing politics with the issues pertaining to tertiary institutions. He should look for academia to handle the school as governing council members, not business people who knew close to nothing about the running of higher institution and give the Rufus Giwa poly an intervention fund to bail out the school hence it collapses.
In conclusion, we appeal to our able governor (Governor Rotimi Odunayo Akeredolu) to please stop the recruitment Jamboree for now and please for God sake and for the sake of his town, source for fund and pay the polytechnic workers the arrears of all salaries they are being owed immediately as the workers are dying everyday. E se Pupo.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42