Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

$200m Promised By Goodluck To The Entertainment Industry - Not Fulfilled - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / $200m Promised By Goodluck To The Entertainment Industry - Not Fulfilled (692 Views)

7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry / Tiger Woods Reportedly Offered Ex-wife $200m To Re-marry Him And She Said Yes! / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Interview:''i Am A Fulfilled Woman'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

$200m Promised By Goodluck To The Entertainment Industry - Not Fulfilled by wobastine: 9:50am On Jan 08, 2011
But what may pass for the biggest gift in the year still remains a promise – a promise worth being waited for, anyway. That is the one made by President Goodluck Jonathan at the Silverbird Organisation’s 30th anniversary celebration in Lagos. In a declaration that pleasantly shocked many practitioners, Jonathan said the Federal Government would power the entertainment industry with $200m.

First, the film makers, musicians, producers, actors and others present burst into a wild jubilation. But minutes after, they began to doubt if they heard the president right. Did he mean to say N200m? When Jonathan, however, cleared the air and stressed that government would intervene with $200m, the stakeholders did not know whether to continue to dance or go into a prayer session. The largesse seemed so huge that it began to look like a piece of drama.

http://thotsandworks.com/topic/311-goodluck-jonathan-unfulfilled-200million-promise-to-the-entertainment-industry/

(1) (Reply)

Tee-y Mix Relocates To Lagos / ‘if I Choose To Marry A Man, Its My Business’- Denrele Edun And Charly Boy / 2 Face Idibia Will Be On Bet International Next Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.