Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth (2508 Views)

Check Out This Dog Pregnancy Shoot That Caused A Stir On Social Media (pictures) / Diary Of GSD Mating And Upcoming Pups - SOLD OUT. / Heat Period Of Boer Boel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
Wish someone could shed a little knowledge on this. This is my female Gsd we mated her last week and i have no idea about the to do and not to do

1 Share

Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2020
Here is a picture of the male
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
Fine male

Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by amizzy48(m): 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
At this period after mating , ur dog doesn't need too much stress like excess barking, running around the compound, rigorous exercise.
If u don't have ppl visiting you frequently then u wud not have issue with excess barking.
Also watch out for the following sign from 21days after the last mating
Basically, Its quite difficult to determine if a dog is pregnant in the first few weeks of gestation. Watching your dog more closely, you might find some of the following signs.

Decreased/Increased appetite: Most Female dogs would either have a slight reduction in the quantity of food consumed and some would eat a lot more. Not all dogs go through this; if your dog doesn't eat much don't force her, likewise if she eats and still asks for more. but be careful not to overfeed her.

Vomiting: Some dogs go through a phase called morning sickness which the symptoms include vomiting. when you notice this in your dog after breeding, don't panic. but if it occurs frequently contact your vet.

Behavior changes: Some dogs get more clingy and require more attention. they want to be with you always and have this look of satisfaction when you're touching them. others just want to be alone and not disturbed. they'll isolate themselves when other dogs are playing. if you notice this after breeding, your bitch might be pregnant.

Discharge from the vulva: This is another sign your dog is pregnant. if you notice a creamy discharge around 3-5 weeks of pregnancy then your dog might be pregnant. this discharge continues till birth and is mostly seen early in the morning.

Change in Nipple color: About four weeks, the color of the nipples begin to turn pink. this is due to the increased level of blood flow in the area. noticing this in a dog that has littered a few times might be a bit difficult, but its easier seen in first timers.

All this and other changes that occurs in your hitching a particular spot at the lower part of the belly, and lots more.

6 Likes

Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by amizzy48(m): 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2020
At week 5 after mating pregnancy can be determined by a veterinarian With 99% accuracy via different test.

After mating, food intake(morning and evening) should remain the same during the first two-thirds of pregnancy (approximately six weeks after mating). If a well-balanced super-premium diet is being fed there is no need to use additional vitamin or mineral supplements.
Discuss nutritional supplements and vitamins with your veterinarian before giving them to your dog. Some large breed dogs may have adverse effects if they are given certain supplements
During the last three weeks of pregnancy, food intake can be increased by up to one and a half times the normal level by feeding smaller meals more frequently.

1 Like

Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 12:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
Wow thanks a lot that really enlightened me

1 Like

Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 11:08am On May 12, 2020
So daisy should be three weeks and some days pregnant and she's already showing some symptoms like enlarged nipple and vomiting in the morning two days now, hasn't vomited since then.
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by okayman4real(m): 3:25pm On May 26, 2020
amizzy48:
At this period after mating , ur dog doesn't need too much stress like excess barking, running around the compound, rigorous exercise.
If u don't have ppl visiting you frequently then u wud not have issue with excess barking.
Also watch out for the following sign from 21days after the last mating
Basically, Its quite difficult to determine if a dog is pregnant in the first few weeks of gestation. Watching your dog more closely, you might find some of the following signs.

Decreased/Increased appetite: Most Female dogs would either have a slight reduction in the quantity of food consumed and some would eat a lot more. Not all dogs go through this; if your dog doesn't eat much don't force her, likewise if she eats and still asks for more. but be careful not to overfeed her.

Vomiting: Some dogs go through a phase called morning sickness which the symptoms include vomiting. when you notice this in your dog after breeding, don't panic. but if it occurs frequently contact your vet.

Behavior changes: Some dogs get more clingy and require more attention. they want to be with you always and have this look of satisfaction when you're touching them. others just want to be alone and not disturbed. they'll isolate themselves when other dogs are playing. if you notice this after breeding, your bitch might be pregnant.

Discharge from the vulva: This is another sign your dog is pregnant. if you notice a creamy discharge around 3-5 weeks of pregnancy then your dog might be pregnant. this discharge continues till birth and is mostly seen early in the morning.

Change in Nipple color: About four weeks, the color of the nipples begin to turn pink. this is due to the increased level of blood flow in the area. noticing this in a dog that has littered a few times might be a bit difficult, but its easier seen in first timers.

All this and other changes that occurs in your hitching a particular spot at the lower part of the belly, and lots more.
pls help mine is not eating anything since 5 days ago. and today making 10 days she was mated. only water she takes.
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 4:17pm On May 26, 2020
Well mine didn't have appetite for some time and i feed her puppy food with eggs and fish till she regained her appetite i think its normal around 2 or 3 weeks so try feeding her other things
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by amizzy48(m): 5:45am On May 27, 2020
okayman4real:
pls help mine is not eating anything since 5 days ago. and today making 10 days she was mated. only water she takes.
if she is not eating at all that a serious issue. Try cook chicken intestines ND mix it in her meal or anything that has a strong smell that would induce her to eat, also try hand-feed her with two spoon of the meal ND watch if she would eat the remaining. Then get white vitamin c ND b-complex, give her two tab of white-vitamin c ND two-tablet of b-complex (100 or 150mg) , the one above (100mg or 150mg) but not more than 300mg one tab. both vitamin-c and b-complex should be administer morning and evening it also induce appetite. Also give her glucose and milk mix together
If no improvement take her to a vet
I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2020
So daisy is 56days pregnant expecting her to whelp very soon. Doesn't look like it would be a large litter
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by wizi44(m): 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
Nastymarz:
So daisy is 56days pregnant expecting her to whelp very soon. Doesn't look like it would be a large litter
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by wizi44(m): 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
Nastymarz:
good luck

1 Like

Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
Thank you very much
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Finally daisy whelped. Five health puppies, i wasn't sure it would get to 5 puppies but am glad. After 62days.

1 Like

Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by MyChoice1: 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
Nastymarz:
Finally daisy whelped. Five health puppies, i wasn't sure it would get to 5 puppies but am glad. After 62days.

Pls how old was she when you took her for mating?
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Mandela27: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
Wow congratulations! pls post pictures . How many males and how many females
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by MamadouJ: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
space booked cheesy
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Baloranking(m): 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
grin

Make I collect 1plot for this side
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 1:09am On Jun 26, 2020
MyChoice1:

Pls how old was she when you took her for mating?
She was too young. I didn't know tho but she was almost 11months
Re: Points To Note From Heat Period To Mating To Pregnancy And Then Birth by Nastymarz(m): 1:11am On Jun 26, 2020
Mandela27:
Wow congratulations! pls post pictures .
How many males and how many females

Lol 4 females and 1 male

(1) (Reply)

9 Unique Dog Breeds You May Never Come Across / What Is This Type Of Disease That Want To Kill My Poultry Bird Please?(picture) / Indomie Waste In Tons For Sale At A Cheaper Price #155 Per Kg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.