Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? (427 Views)

Reflect On These Quran Verses Anytime You Want To Commit A Sin / Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? / Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
God used flood to drown people because of their sins and saved Noah and his family, the question is does God knew before the flood sins will continue after the flood event?

If yes, why kill many people when he knows it won't solve the problem? A malevolent?

If no, is he omniscient/all-knowing?
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by AntiChristian: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2020
Was God aware that Taiwo would be an atheist when he comes to Earth?

Yes!
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
AntiChristian:
Was God aware that Taiwo would be an atheist when he comes to Earth?

Yes!
Even tho this doesn't address the OP, let me respond.

So what's the punishment for being an atheist according God?
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by AntiChristian: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
tintingz:
Even tho this doesn't address the OP, let me respond.

So what's the punishment for being an atheist according God?

Mr Taiwo, the last answer addresses the OP. But you just needed to think deeply. You were born a Muslim before Shaytan toyed with your forebrain.

Shaytan was granted permission to live till the end. And to keep keeping people off the path of Allaah.

God knew you would be born in a Muslim home. Then would turn atheist. And He alone knows where you'll end.

Try to figure out this analogy.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 12:56am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiChristian:

Mr Taiwo, the last answer addresses the OP. But you just needed to think deeply. You were born a Muslim before Shaytan toyed with your forebrain.

Shaytan was granted permission to live till the end. And to keep keeping people off the path of Allaah.

God knew you would be born in a Muslim home. Then would turn atheist. And He alone knows where you'll end.

Try to figure out this analogy.

@bolded, If God knew this, why did he create me to exist?
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by AntiChristian: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2020
tintingz:

@bolded, If God knew this, why did he create me to exist?

Àwọn Yorùbá sọpe agba tó jìn sí kòtò....

You are a case study and warning to us just as those destroyed earlier.

We Muslims need to hold on to our deen and never let Shaytan toy with our brains just like Mr. Taiwo and others. It's not a matter of how pious you are today. Shaytan is our enemy who is waiting for that opportunity.

Allaah warns:
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy. (Qur'an 2:208)
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2020
AntiChristian:

Àwọn Yorùbá sọpe agba tó jìn sí kòtò....

You are a case study and warning to us just as those destroyed earlier.

We Muslims need to hold on to our deen and never let Shaytan toy with our brains just like Mr. Taiwo and others. It's not a matter of how pious you are today. Shaytan is our enemy who is waiting for that opportunity.

Allaah warns:
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy. (Qur'an 2:208)

You left the question I asked to another.

Why not just say you can't answer it instead of this mental gymnastic.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by AntiChristian: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
tintingz:

If you can't get the answer. Then keep looking for it.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by AntiChristian: 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
tintingz:

If you can't get the answer from the mental gymnastics then keep looking for it.

I thought you are logical. Passing a mental gymnastic shouldn't be too hard for you.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
AntiChristian:

If you can't get the answer from the mental gymnastics then keep looking for it.

I thought you are logical. Passing a mental gymnastic shouldn't be too hard for you.

Ok.

Anyone ready for intellectual discussion should kindly reply.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2020
tintingz:

Ok.

Anyone ready for intellectual discussion should kindly reply.

You have been answered. From Anti... above, Noah's people is represented by you when you were still pure.

Then you later deviated to atheism. This is Shaytan whispering to you.

Noah's people were pure after the flood but were later corrupted by Satan. Allaah destroyed the sinners as a lesson to the Believers.

Allaah won't have destroyed them if they had repented earlier. But Noah preached to them for many centuries and they never changed. Hence they were destroyed!

Destroying them did solve the problem. The remaining believers had proof against themselves. i.e. to ward themselves away from Shaytan and to avoid being doomed.

Allaah is Omniscient and Omnipotent! The best to create.

Finally, you will always get warnings in your life just like the people of Noah that were destroyed on the flood...

Allaah has set forth many examples for us.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

You have been answered. From Anti... above, Noah's people is represented by you when you were still pure.

Then you later deviated to atheism. This is Shaytan whispering to you.

Noah's people were pure after the flood but were later corrupted by Satan. Allaah destroyed the sinners as a lesson to the Believers.

Allaah won't have destroyed them if they had repented earlier. But Noah preached to them for many centuries and they never changed. Hence they were destroyed!

Destroying them did solve the problem. The remaining believers had proof against themselves. i.e. to ward themselves away from Shaytan and to avoid being doomed.

Allaah is Omniscient and Omnipotent! The best to create.

Finally, you will always get warnings in your life just like the people of Noah that were destroyed on the flood...

Allaah has set forth many examples for us.

1. @bolded, how did destroying solve the problem? There were still sinners after the drowning? If yes, what's point and effectiveness of the global flood? If no, then you're lying.

2. Getting warned isn't the problem, does Allah knew before creation some people won't listen no matter how they warn them? If yes, why did he create them? If no, Allah cannot be omniscient.

3. Can these people deviate from their destiny/fate Allah sees on them? If no, where's the freewill? If yes, Allah cannot be omniscient.

This will always fall to a dilemma, picking any of it will contradict what Allah stands for.

You're arguing for an omniscient God, think before you reply.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
tintingz:

1. @bolded, how did destroying solve the problem? There were still sinners after the drowning? If yes, what's point and effectiveness of the global flood? If no, then you're lying.

Those who obey Prophet Nuh's command from Allaah by entering the ark were saved. The flood doomed the disobedient disbelievers! Do you have evidence there were sinners left after the flood?

“When the death of the Messenger of God, Noah, approached death, he admonished his sons: ‘Indeed I would give you far reaching advice, commanding you to do two things, and warning you against doing two things as well. I charge you to believe that there is no god but Allaah and that if the seven heavens and the seven earths were put on one side of a scale and the words “there is no god but Allaah” were put on the other, the latter would outweigh the former. I warn you against associating partners with Allaah and against pride.” (Sahih al Bukhari)

I think you are the insatiable liar here!

tintingz:

2. Getting warned isn't the problem, does Allah knew before creation some people won't listen no matter how they warn them? If yes, why did he create them? If no, Allah cannot be omniscient.

Allaah knows everything thousands of years before it's inception. Allaah created man to worship Him alone. They not listening wasn't Allaah fault.
You can't say Allaah forced you to go to ShopRite, buy ice cream and drink it. You had your freewill which is part of what Allaah had destined for you.

For example, Allaah knew I would eat eba this morning despite having other choice in Amala and Semo! Allaah knew they would disbelieve yet they had their choice. Nuh called all of them equally! Even one of his son disbelieved. Allaah is Omniscient!

tintingz:

3. Can these people deviate from their destiny/fate Allah sees on them? If no, where's the freewill? If yes, Allah cannot be omniscient.

This will always fall to a dilemma, picking any of it will contradict what Allah stands for.

You're arguing for an omniscient God, think before you reply.

There's freewill and there's destiny. It doesn't contradict one another! You are just confused.
An example again:
Marriage is one of the things that Allaah has decreed. The person whom you will marry is known to Allaah: He knows who she is, when she was born, where and when she will die, how she will be towards you, and other details. All of that is known to Allaah and He has written it in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (the Book of Decrees), and it will inevitably come to pass as Allaah has decreed.

If Allaah has decreed that you will marry one person, but you choose someone else, then no matter how long it takes, you will marry that person. But your marriage to someone else is also decreed, because there is nothing that is not decreed by Allaah. It may be decreed for a woman to marry So and so the son of So and so, and he comes to propose marriage but she refuses him, and marries someone else, then he (the second man) dies or divorces her, then she accepts the first one. All of that is decreed, and it is decreed for her to marry So and so the son of So and so after initially refusing him and after some experience or trials etc.

It may be decreed for a woman that a righteous man will propose marriage to her, but she will refuse him and he will never come back to her, and she will marry and live with someone else who is more or less righteous, according what Allaah has decreed.

Lastly, Allaah decreed you'd be born in a Muslim family. No one forced you in to atheism. It was your conviction which is part of your destiny!

We ask Allaah to change you for good!
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Those who obey Prophet Nuh's command from Allaah by entering the ark were saved. The flood doomed the disobedient disbelievers! Do you have evidence there were sinners left after the flood?
So there are no sinners after the global flood event?

If there are no sinners, why does Allah keep sending prophets? Look around you are there no sinners?

I think you are the insatiable liar here!
Maybe you didn't get the word "sinners after the flood" or you're delusional.

Allaah knows everything thousands of years before it's inception. Allaah created man to worship Him alone. They not listening wasn't Allaah fault.
You can't say Allaah forced you to go to ShopRite, buy ice cream and drink it. You had your freewill which is part of what Allaah had destined for you.

For example, Allaah knew I would eat eba this morning despite having other choice in Amala and Semo! Allaah knew they would disbelieve yet they had their choice. Nuh called all of them equally! Even one of his son disbelieved. Allaah is Omniscient!
I was expecting you to answer my question directly instead you're saying another thing.

Using your example, Allah knew you would eat eba on a particular day long before you even think of it, infact before you're created and not existing Allah knew you will eat eba, you're not even existing yet to make decisions but Allah already know your decisions, there's already a fate you will eba on so so day and time, can you deviate from what Allah knew/fate? If yes, how did you actually have a choice here? Again remember the premise, "your fate is already determined" that you will eat eba on a particular day and time.

If no, Allah cannot be omniscient.

This is same for people of Noah. If Allah knew before creation Noah's people won't listen and he will kill them, why did he went ahead to create them? Does Allah like giving himself headache or he's just malevolent that like killing? Not that the drowning even changed anything, it did not as people keep sinning, what then is the point exactly?

There's freewill and there's destiny. It doesn't contradict one another! You are just confused.
An example again:
Marriage is one of the things that Allaah has decreed. The person whom you will marry is known to Allaah: He knows who she is, when she was born, where and when she will die, how she will be towards you, and other details. All of that is known to Allaah and He has written it in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (the Book of Decrees), and it will inevitably come to pass as Allaah has decreed.

If Allaah has decreed that you will marry one person, but you choose someone else, then no matter how long it takes, you will marry that person. But your marriage to someone else is also decreed, because there is nothing that is not decreed by Allaah. It may be decreed for a woman to marry So and so the son of So and so, and he comes to propose marriage but she refuses him, and marries someone else, then he (the second man) dies or divorces her, then she accepts the first one. All of that is decreed, and it is decreed for her to marry So and so the son of So and so after initially refusing him and after some experience or trials etc.

It may be decreed for a woman that a righteous man will propose marriage to her, but she will refuse him and he will never come back to her, and she will marry and live with someone else who is more or less righteous, according what Allaah has decreed.

Lastly, Allaah decreed you'd be born in a Muslim family. No one forced you in to atheism. It was your conviction which is part of your destiny!

We ask Allaah to change you for good!

You still didn't see the conflict between destiny and freewill here?

1. You need to clear this for me, when Allah decrees or sees your next action, does he do that a hour, minutes before you make decisions or long before you're created? You need to clear this or you will just be arguing for a deterministic chain which comes with complications.

2. If Allah has destined I will marry one person long before I'm created, can I marry another person?

Answer this and see your flaws.

It's either destiny is an illusion or freewill is. They cannot work together.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2020
Rashduct4luv this is another analogy of the "Eba" example.

Let assume Allah hate eba and will kill or punish anyone that eat eba.

1. Why did he create or allow eba to exist?

2. If Allah knew some people won't listen and he will destroy them for eating eba, why did he went ahead to create them?

3. Don't you think Allah can make rational, good and merciful decision before creation? E.g not allowing people he hate and eba exist?

4. Does Allah likes giving himself headache or he's just malevolent, cus I don't see why someone reasonable and good will want this.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2020
tintingz:
Rashduct4luv this is another analogy of the "Eba" example.

Let assume Baba ibeji hate eba and will kill or punish anyone that eat eba.

1. Why did he create or allow eba to exist?

2. If Allah knew some people won't listen and he will destroy them for eating eba, why did he went ahead to create them?

3. Don't you think Allah can make rational, good and merciful decision before creation? E.g not allowing people he hate and eba exist?

4. Does Allah likes giving himself headache or he's just malevolent, cus I don't see why someone reasonable and good will want this.

All the characteristic you gave Allaah are unfit for Him! I think this is where we call it a day!

It's only you or baba ibeji that will will eba, have headache or even contract Coronavirus not Allaah! Allaah is far above that. You may reframe if you wish.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 8:41am On Apr 30, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

All the characteristic you gave Allaah are unfit for Him! I think this is where we call it a day!

It's only you or baba ibeji that will will eba, have headache or even contract Coronavirus not Allaah! Allaah is far above that. You may reframe if you wish.

Can you point out the characteristics that's unfit with Allah in my premises?

Allah the creator

Allah the omniscient

These are the two characteristics in my premises, are you saying this is false? If yes I agree too.

And I don't know how baba ibeji and coronavirus got to do with this argument, are you taking this argument personal?
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:07am On Apr 30, 2020
tintingz:
So there are no sinners after the global flood event?

If there are no sinners, why does Allah keep sending prophets? Look around you are there no sinners?

The people who were destroyed where not only sinners! They were disbelievers! After the flood there were no more disbelievers on Earth till Noah died and he called his son's to worship Allaah!

tintingz:

Maybe you didn't get the word "sinners after the flood" or you're delusional.

There's no way people won't sin. Sinners always exist. For that period after the flood there were no disbeliever in Allaah...

tintingz:

Using your example, Allah knew you would eat eba on a particular day long before you even think of it, infact before you're created and not existing Allah knew you will eat eba, you're not even existing yet to make decisions but Allah already know your decisions, there's already a fate you will eba on so so day and time, can you deviate from what Allah knew/fate? If yes, how did you actually have a choice here? Again remember the premise, "your fate is already determined" that you will eat eba on a particular day and time.

If no, Allah cannot be omniscient.

You keep repeating the same thing and I will saying the same thing. Allaah has willed everything that will happen because of His eternal knowledge! He knows everything! He has written it with Him.

No one will force you to pick Eba you just pick it willingly. Even if iya ibeji prepare Semo and others chose fufu you'll still get your Eba to eat.

Your freewill is embedded in your destiny.

[quote author=tintingz post=89000109]
This is same for people of Noah. If Allah knew before creation Noah's people won't listen and he will kill them, why did he went ahead to create them? Does Allah like giving himself headache or he's just malevolent that like killing? Not that the drowning even changed anything, it did not as people keep sinning, what then is the point exactly?

Allaah is far from having human defects/sicknesses. It's you, your fam and other humans that contract such!

Because it's His will to do what He wills to do. He created them to worship Him alone.
The disbelievers perished and there remain no disbeliever for that period! You keep saying "sinning" instead of "disbelieving".

tintingz:

You still didn't see the conflict between destiny and freewill here?

1. You need to clear this for me, when Allah decrees or sees your next action, does he do that a hour, minutes before you make decisions or long before you're created? You need to clear this or you will just be arguing for a deterministic chain which comes with complications.

‘Allaah wrote the decree of all of creation 50,000 years before the creation of the heavens and the earth. And His Throne was over the water.’ (Reported by Muslim, 2653)

tintingz:

2. If Allah has destined I will marry one person long before I'm created, can I marry another person?

Answer this and see your flaws.

It's either destiny is an illusion or freewill is. They cannot work together.

Finally on this, what is called destiny is your full life story/journey. I mean everything! The amount of food you'll eat, once exausted you can't take any till you die. The place you'll die, your mode of death, time of death, your last words, your earnings, ...

So to answer your question, you will only marry whoever was written for you to marry. And you can not marry someone who wasn't written for you to marry.

No one knows what's written in his destiny. We are only aware of it when it happens!

So it's understandable if an atheist doesn't believe in the unseen of this nature.

Bye.
Re: Was God Aware That Sin Will Continue Before The Global Flood In Noah's Story? by tintingz(m): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

The people who were destroyed where not only sinners! They were disbelievers! After the flood there were no more disbelievers on Earth till Noah died and he called his son's to worship Allaah!
Lol, did Allah only drown all disbelievers just for temporary use? I haven't seen the point exactly?

Like, let me destroy everyone because they're disbelievers and leave Noah and his family who are believers, I know there will disbelievers after Noah died but let me just murder everyone.

Allah didn't kill everyone in world to save humanity from disbelieving, Allah killed those people just for Noah to live comfortably. Lol.

If Noah told his son to worship Allah, how come we've disbelievers?

You're ridiculous. You should have just keep shut instead of this wacky response.

There's no way people won't sin. Sinners always exist. For that period after the flood there were no disbeliever in Allaah...

So the point of killing everyone in the world with flood is not to save humanity but to make Noah live a comfortable life. Wow. Sound rational. grin

You keep repeating the same thing and I will saying the same thing. Allaah has willed everything that will happen because of His eternal knowledge! He knows everything! He has written it with Him.

No one will force you to pick Eba you just pick it willingly. Even if iya ibeji prepare Semo and others chose fufu you'll still get your Eba to eat.

Your freewill is embedded in your destiny.

You just said Allah has will everything and even has the book of destiny.

Of course I'm not forced to choose what to eat, but if Allah has written I will pick eba over semo, then I will pick eba no matter the options, my freewill becomes an illusion. An illusion here means I would think I've have freewill but I don't as Allah has already destined the food I will pick.

If Allah destined I will pick eba, can I pick semo?

Is freewill or destiny an illusion? You need to pick one.

Allaah is far from having human defects/sicknesses. It's you, your fam and other humans that contract such!

Because it's His will to do what He wills to do. He created them to worship Him alone.
The disbelievers perished and there remain no disbeliever for that period! You keep saying "sinning" instead of "disbelieving".
I will ignore the insult part as I can see you're frustrated already.

Are disbelievers not sinners? I don't see why you're emphasizing on what's not.

If Allah created us to worship him alone, why does he have problem not worshiping him? Where is the freewill?

‘Allaah wrote the decree of all of creation 50,000 years before the creation of the heavens and the earth. And His Throne was over the water.’ (Reported by Muslim, 2653)
Good, if Allah decree 50,000 years before creation that you be an atheist next year, can you deviate from this?

Finally on this, what is called destiny is your full life story/journey. I mean everything! The amount of food you'll eat, once exausted you can't take any till you die. The place you'll die, your mode of death, time of death, your last words, your earnings, ...

So to answer your question, you will only marry whoever was written for you to marry. And you can not marry someone who wasn't written for you to marry.

No one knows what's written in his destiny. We are only aware of it when it happens!

So it's understandable if an atheist doesn't believe in the unseen of this nature.

Bye.
"You're aware of your destiny when it happens" sound like a confirmation bias.

Like, I won a lotto, wow that's my destiny, but it wasn't your destiny before that. Clowns grin

@bolded, thank you for all the stress ooo. Haba why all the mental gymnastic from your previous posts.

So I can only marry whoever was written in the book of destiny, in conclusion I have no freewill to choose whoever I want to marry but only the person written in the book of destiny.

Wew. Next time just go straight to this answer @bolded.

(1) (Reply)

. / A Muslim Brother In Need Of Intern Job / Beggars Of A Different Kind.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.