Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi (490 Views)

Ebonyi Gov. Nwifuru Displays Amazing Dance Moves To Celebrate Victory (Video) / Ebonyi Gov Approves N100,000 Christmas Package For Workers / 2000 PDP Members Will Welcome Buhari To Ebonyi – Gov Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by TMSMedia: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
Gov. David Umahi of Ebonyi has stated that he will not totally lockdown the state despite increasing cases of Coronavirus pandemic in the country.

According to a statement IgbereTV obtained from Mr Uchenna Orji, the Commissioner for Information and Orientation of Ebonyi State, Governor Umahi stated that the decision not to totally lockdown the state was reached after considering of the economic peculiarities of the state.

Umahi said, “I considered the state’s poverty index as those agitating that I close all markets have to re-evaluate their suggestions.

“We have not recorded any index case of COVID-19 and therefore, there is no need to entirely shut our economic activities."

“The level of compliance attests to the great work of our Local Government Area chairmen, Coordinators of development centres, security agencies among other stakeholders in the battle against this virus.

“I am of the opinion that if by May 1, 2020, and there is no record of the disease in Ebonyi, we shall lift the 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. curfew but maintain total closure of the boundaries within a distance of 300 meters radius.

“We shall also be lifting the ban on motorcycles by May 1, if we do not record any case as I appeal to motorcyclists to exercise more patience as I re-evaluate the situation,” he said.

Governor Umahi stated that the state has received 1,800 bags of 50kg rice and one truck-load of tomatoes from the Federal Government.

"We will start distributing such to our people when we complete production as the collation of names for the Federal Government conditional cash transfer palliative is ongoing polling unit by polling unit.

“Anyone with a complaint should report to the state COVID-19 situation room and I appeal to the public, especially politicians and the media, not to circulate fake news that could increase fear and panic among the public,” Umahi said.

“No journalist is banned from entering any government premises rather they are invited to partner with the government to win the war against COVID-19."

http://igberetvnews.com/1349172/just-covid-19-will-totally-lockdown-ebonyi-gov-umahi/

Lalasticlala

Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by Righteousness89(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
The Eyes of our Governors are beginning to open!
Hallelujah!
Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
God bless Ebonyi state

1 Like

Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by manuelzz(m): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nice one, Sir.

God bless you sir, and grant you more wisdom to lead your people rightly.

1 Like

Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by abobote: 2:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
Who total lockdown help
Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
Brigadier General Dave Umahi has spoken.
Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by PureGoldh(m): 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2020
We go dey alright Las Las
Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
Commodore Umahi hv spark from Obiano speaketh yesterday afternoon/evening
Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Brigadier General Dave Umahi has spoken.
d man is a tyrant.. haha
Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by sapientia(m): 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
I just hope doctors were carried along with all this.

Shebi na doctors say make we stay home.

When do we see the videos of them asking us to come out.
Re: Just In!!! COVID-19: There Will Be No Total Lockdown In Ebonyi – Gov. Umahi by KingNom(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
More of God's Wisdom to our leaders in Jesus Name Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Truth About The Office Of The Chief Of Staff To The President You Never Knew! / Top 10 African Countries With The Most Chinese Debt / Demolition Of Hotels: Governor Nyesom Wike Justifies His Action, Replies Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.