Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) (51459 Views)

A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by frankmoney(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2020
Traveling legally is the best option . Op there is nothing inspirational about your post , it's more of a what not to do post

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by amaham(m): 9:39pm On May 04, 2020
Rubbish risk, this experience numbs your soul. The emptiness of your soul makes you lose the ability to "enjoy" the largesse.
Your friend is changed forever

10 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by sheggsliveth: 9:41pm On May 04, 2020
Its true Bro.Same story as a friend i met when working in Abuja told me, he was sold at Mediterranean Sea where he spent almost a year working for his master...He told me he later enter Italy and got deported.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Righteousness89(m): 9:43pm On May 04, 2020
iaamxavier:
God

I won't be suprised that after many people must have heard or read stories about it they'll still go through all this process

A Man shared a Testimony in a Church of how he Joined An Occultic Society in One of these northern states. He shared how he got some money but lived a Miserable life. He said he did all he could to leave the cult, but they Threatened his life, that he would die if he tried to leave. He shared how he became like a living Corspe due to the demand from the cult. Fortunately for Him, by the Mercies of GOD ALMIGHTY, he got delivered. He Warned people about Joining Occults and told them the Repercussions based on himself.

Guess what happened?

After the Testimony and the Warnings , 2 youngs boys Approached him and asked him for the Contact address of the Secret society! They said they were Intrested in Joining!

So don't be Suprised, that after all these experiences, somebody will still go in for it!

It's a Crazy World

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by ibinaboonline: 9:46pm On May 04, 2020
Damnnn nigarrrr
You go try am?
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

He don tey when we dey hear this kind story

And moreover Mikel and ighalo nor Sabi play ball

One na back pass master
The other na thief ( ruud van nistelrooy style)
Just wait for inside the box and tap it in

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by nunnu: 9:47pm On May 04, 2020
sexylassie2:
Illegals.

I still don't understand, you risk your life to go to Europe then getting to Europe, you still end up poor or destitute.

What sort of risks is this? I am confused.
Bros am confused too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by xandy84: 9:48pm On May 04, 2020
My point exactly. Why risk you life for something that ordinary taxi driver are doing in Lagos. Don't get me wrong, I love to travel and I enjoy living outside of Nigeria but it does not worth the risk of going to near death experience.

fykes:
He got married, has a daughter, built a house... Where d heck is the success he risked his life for?
Millions of folks ordinary people at that do all that daily here in Nigeria....
What fuckery?

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by beejay85: 9:51pm On May 04, 2020
sheggsliveth:
Its true Bro.Same story as a friend i met when working in Abuja told me, he was sold at Mediterranean Sea where he spent almost a year working for his master...He told me he later enter Italy and got deported.[color=#990000][/color]
True ooo.. got a friend who went d libya route...his only saving grace was that he was a boxer bf leaving nigeria....he told me he killed close to 10 arabians ....mostly children who attempt to give them out...
Once they pass thru their village the kids shout out ....so they could be robbed....he simply strangles ...no stories
He is back in nigeria....very cool, calm but what is behind his cool mien is unimaginable....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by haiti007(m): 9:52pm On May 04, 2020
Heaven knows I love my life too much to engage in such a risky adventure.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by amaniro: 9:52pm On May 04, 2020
southniyikaye:
During our ND days at kwara poly, I have this friend who faith brought us together.

This guy Sabi play ball no be small. He is mikel obi and ighalo combined. He is ambitious and always want to play for any club ready to sign him. So when we got to hnd1, my guy just disappeared fiam with no traces but he hinted sometimes that he wanted to travel by road to Italy but I just dismissed it thinking it was one of his pranks then.

About 3 weeks later, he brought up the issue again this time a lil bit serious and I too jokingly said I will go o if it was true but I thought within me he was joking and then one day, padi mi stopped coming to school. I went to his place and was told he went to Abuja to get shortlisted for a football club and all this while, his number wasn't going through.

After a year, my guy resurfaced on Facebook and this was his story.

Him and ojo met someone who promised to take them to Italy by road,he asked them to arrange 200k each and they were able to raise that money. (this would have been my first disqualification cos I no get shishi then) then they moved..

Through deserts, sneaking around bushy road and he said a lot of people people died on the road, some where dropped in the desert, some were raped along the road both male and female alike as some couldn't even make it pass the bushy road and then they got to Libya.

He wasn't detailed enough in his story but he said their 200k only took them to Libya. Cos they feed on the road, paid for transport and other things. He said "wo my guy, it was a deadly journey going to Libya, I don't think the things I saw and witness will ever leave my memory till I die. When they want to sleep with either men or women among them, it is done openly, only those who have money were spared, and when they wait to either defecate or ease themselves and they blow whistle and you are not in the bus, o. Y. O is ur case.

When they got to Libya, another problem, if you are not able to raise another money to get into Italy, then your journey ends there. He mentioned that what they were told is, 200k will get you to Italy and even a very good job. But the angels they traveled with turned to the scariest devils when they get to Libya. If you don't have money to further, you become a liability, you are either been sold or they harvest your organs for sale. Harvesting of organ is not done while you are dead, they drug you and harvest your organs right in your eyes, they remove the heart last.
He said seeing thing playing out like horror movie, he called his people and told them everything, apparently, his parent does not even know the risk he was taking, he only told them the first money was to bribe a football manager so they could sign him.

With no option, they sent him another money and they continue their journey to Italy. He said on the sea, if you show any symptoms of sea sickness, you Don follow sea go be that.

It was daring, scary and he said he started wishing he didn't meet the person that introduced him to this dangerous journey. Ojo was a rugged guy, he said that one no even shake, he was prepared right from onset, he had with him 500k so he had no problem dropping money. I met him with my guy about 7times before they traveled, he was a footballer also.
He said on the sea, no one was being raped again and these devils became friendly again, but another set of people have joined them but they were armed with guns and there was social distancing incase anybody try to do anyhow among them.

He told me they starved for days and were only fed sometimes once a day to ration the food they have. He said he was a terrible journey he never wish for his enemies.
One way or another, they Sha got to Italy.
They were arrested.

He said the people that took them there only left them at a place where they have 80% chance of not drowning, so if your swimming skill is 0, you are gone. Cos they don't want to be caught so those people went back.
They help some and patrol helped others but still got drowned.

He said they were put in some isolated place and later Transfered to their refuge camp.
When he showed me pictures, I was heart broken.

He was so lean, malnourished and starved. I ask am, shey dem tear your yansh? He said though they wanted to on several occasions but ojo dey always sort them before his people were able to send him money.

He said he and ojo was able to liase with someone in the camp and they sort him, it was this person that paved way to germany for them, and linked them to a friend there where they started their lives.

It's been almost five years now, these guys are big boys now, my guy with him Igbo sense have almost finished building his house in Nigeria here, maybe he has even finished cos I lost contact with him when I misplaced my phone last year. He married an ijebu lady over there in Germany and they both have a baby girl. I was like, why you no marry German, he said, make dem carry my pickin leave me abi? Dem fit disown you anytime o and na dem go get the pickin.

The last time we spoke, he said he plays with one German football club like that and he also work.
He is not on social media but he was the one that introduced me to nairaland in 2011. I don't know if he still visit here Sha but padi if you are swing this, your 6 dey miss you o.
I asked of his no from his brother on Facebook, that one was doing like someone that has meningitis.

When he finished telling his story, even though I couldn't type all he told me cos have forgotten some, it sends chill all through my body and I asked myself,

1--lers assume I was even able to raise the initial 200k, where will I get money to bail myself in Libya?
And me wey carry yansh like ini edo, na pampers I for dey wear now even if I survive reach the Germany.

2--can I go through all that and not go insane? I am an emotional person, witnessing people being butchered might just drive me crazy.

It ended well for chidi(not real name) but what of those killed, deserted in the bush and those harvested?

Though when I see that they made it to germany, I get jealous that why I no take them serious but when I remember their story, I thank say I no even try am.

My guy, if you dey nairaland and you see this, abeg send me pm make we reconnect o, aboy dey fumble, he no gree give me your number.

Below is the pics we took together and others are his pics in Germany.
Cc Justwise
Dawnomike
J111333

This is horrible. If I'm very poor, I'll go back to my village and farm cassava till the rest of the days of my life. Something's ain't just radical at allllll

9 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by SavageBoy: 9:53pm On May 04, 2020
sheggsliveth:

Mad oh shocked
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Luvdmx(m): 9:54pm On May 04, 2020
wman:
What's the point of it all?

To get married, have a kid and build a house in Nigeria.

For all that struggle?

And the football dream is as good as gone.

God help us

To you it's nothing but him it may means fulfillment.

Beside that he's probably living his best life with good basic amenities like light, internet, good road network, good healthcare system, unlike your jungle called Nigeria.

If you don't something good to say, you may as well keep mute �

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by CTete: 10:00pm On May 04, 2020
Wow! This is so touching. My guy went same way so many years ago, up till now we've not heard from him. I learnt he called one of us then that he was in dire needs of cash, probably for settlement and couldn't get the amount. For real, I avoid his mother anytime I travel home because she will start asking me about her son and tears will follow. I hope he comes back one day.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Anastescia001: 10:08pm On May 04, 2020
CTete:
Wow! This is so touching. My guy went same way so many years ago, up till now we've not heard from him. I learnt he called one of us then that he was in dire needs of cash, probably for settlement and couldn't get the amount. For real, I avoid his mother anytime I travel home because she will start asking me about her son and tears will follow. I hope he comes back one day.
Amen

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Lamanii22(f): 10:09pm On May 04, 2020
Damn nigga... I can never go through that process oo... I can't even survive it... I'd rather stay here in Nigeria and be selling my tasty time and chinchin...

I'm glad your friend made it through.... Oku orire!

7 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by amaniro: 10:13pm On May 04, 2020
Luvdmx:

Beside that he's probably living his best life with good basic amenities like light, internet, good road network, good healthcare system, unlike your jungle called Nigeria.

Just building a house.. Getting married.. Having a daughter all for passing sahara desert? It's not worth it bro and there is nothing that can justify it. I rather be a taxi driver! There's something called "inner peace or inner satisfaction " trust me you won't have that again after going through this hellish and hectic journey, all to what end? I'm not advocating for mediocrity but people should be satisfied with the little they have.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by sheggsliveth: 10:14pm On May 04, 2020
beejay85:

True ooo.. got a friend who went d libya route...his only saving grace was that he was a boxer bf leaving nigeria....he told me he killed close to 10 arabians ....mostly children who attempt to give them out...
Once they pass thru their village the kids shout out ....so they could be robbed....he simply strangles ...no stories
He is back in nigeria....very cool, calm but what is behind his cool mien is unimaginable....

My guy said when he was in Libya, his master is into wall decorationing and scriding, he said when working that one of the servent is friend was looking at his Boss elder brother wife and he was caught, he said that before the younger brother which is their boss could come he was shot at die imediately...He said is we that call them Africa that don't count themself as one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by amaham(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2020
Luvdmx:

It's a pity that your Best of lives revolves around " basic amenities, internet , road network" .

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by bamiloke(m): 10:29pm On May 04, 2020
Whaooo.... Interesting and risky, Good luck to all of us
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Lusheyi(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2020
Omo, e no worth am..
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 04, 2020
Mehnnn ...some people are die-hard. Thank God he didn't get killed.
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Lusheyi(m): 10:42pm On May 04, 2020
Lamanii22:
Damn nigga... I can never go through that process oo... I can't even survive it... I'd rather stay here in Nigeria and be selling my tasty time and chinchin...

I'm glad your friend made it through.... Oku orire!
Omolomo... Lol, abi Sogun laye ni

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by excanny: 10:45pm On May 04, 2020
southniyikaye:
During our ND days at kwara poly, I have this friend who faith brought us together.

This guy Sabi play ball no be small. He is mikel obi and ighalo combined. He is ambitious and always want to play for any club ready to sign him. So when we got to hnd1, my guy just disappeared fiam with no traces but he hinted sometimes that he wanted to travel by road to Italy but I just dismissed it thinking it was one of his pranks then.

About 3 weeks later, he brought up the issue again this time a lil bit serious and I too jokingly said I will go o if it was true but I thought within me he was joking and then one day, padi mi stopped coming to school. I went to his place and was told he went to Abuja to get shortlisted for a football club and all this while, his number wasn't going through.

After a year, my guy resurfaced on Facebook and this was his story.

Him and ojo met someone who promised to take them to Italy by road,he asked them to arrange 200k each and they were able to raise that money. (this would have been my first disqualification cos I no get shishi then) then they moved..

Through deserts, sneaking around bushy road and he said a lot of people people died on the road, some where dropped in the desert, some were raped along the road both male and female alike as some couldn't even make it pass the bushy road and then they got to Libya.

He wasn't detailed enough in his story but he said their 200k only took them to Libya. Cos they feed on the road, paid for transport and other things. He said "wo my guy, it was a deadly journey going to Libya, I don't think the things I saw and witness will ever leave my memory till I die. When they want to sleep with either men or women among them, it is done openly, only those who have money were spared, and when they wait to either defecate or ease themselves and they blow whistle and you are not in the bus, o. Y. O is ur case.

When they got to Libya, another problem, if you are not able to raise another money to get into Italy, then your journey ends there. He mentioned that what they were told is, 200k will get you to Italy and even a very good job. But the angels they traveled with turned to the scariest devils when they get to Libya. If you don't have money to further, you become a liability, you are either been sold or they harvest your organs for sale. Harvesting of organ is not done while you are dead, they drug you and harvest your organs right in your eyes, they remove the heart last.
He said seeing thing playing out like horror movie, he called his people and told them everything, apparently, his parent does not even know the risk he was taking, he only told them the first money was to bribe a football manager so they could sign him.

With no option, they sent him another money and they continue their journey to Italy. He said on the sea, if you show any symptoms of sea sickness, you Don follow sea go be that.

It was daring, scary and he said he started wishing he didn't meet the person that introduced him to this dangerous journey. Ojo was a rugged guy, he said that one no even shake, he was prepared right from onset, he had with him 500k so he had no problem dropping money. I met him with my guy about 7times before they traveled, he was a footballer also.
He said on the sea, no one was being raped again and these devils became friendly again, but another set of people have joined them but they were armed with guns and there was social distancing incase anybody try to do anyhow among them.

He told me they starved for days and were only fed sometimes once a day to ration the food they have. He said he was a terrible journey he never wish for his enemies.
One way or another, they Sha got to Italy.
They were arrested.

He said the people that took them there only left them at a place where they have 80% chance of not drowning, so if your swimming skill is 0, you are gone. Cos they don't want to be caught so those people went back.
They help some and patrol helped others but still got drowned.

He said they were put in some isolated place and later Transfered to their refuge camp.
When he showed me pictures, I was heart broken.

He was so lean, malnourished and starved. I ask am, shey dem tear your yansh? He said though they wanted to on several occasions but ojo dey always sort them before his people were able to send him money.

He said he and ojo was able to liase with someone in the camp and they sort him, it was this person that paved way to germany for them, and linked them to a friend there where they started their lives.

It's been almost five years now, these guys are big boys now, my guy with him Igbo sense have almost finished building his house in Nigeria here, maybe he has even finished cos I lost contact with him when I misplaced my phone last year. He married an ijebu lady over there in Germany and they both have a baby girl. I was like, why you no marry German, he said, make dem carry my pickin leave me abi? Dem fit disown you anytime o and na dem go get the pickin.

The last time we spoke, he said he plays with one German football club like that and he also work.
He is not on social media but he was the one that introduced me to nairaland in 2011. I don't know if he still visit here Sha but padi if you are swing this, your 6 dey miss you o.
I asked of his no from his brother on Facebook, that one was doing like someone that has meningitis.

When he finished telling his story, even though I couldn't type all he told me cos have forgotten some, it sends chill all through my body and I asked myself,

1--lers assume I was even able to raise the initial 200k, where will I get money to bail myself in Libya?
And me wey carry yansh like ini edo, na pampers I for dey wear now even if I survive reach the Germany.

2--can I go through all that and not go insane? I am an emotional person, witnessing people being butchered might just drive me crazy.

It ended well for chidi(not real name) but what of those killed, deserted in the bush and those harvested?

Though when I see that they made it to germany, I get jealous that why I no take them serious but when I remember their story, I thank say I no even try am.

My guy, if you dey nairaland and you see this, abeg send me pm make we reconnect o, aboy dey fumble, he no gree give me your number.

Below is the pics we took together and others are his pics in Germany.
Cc Justwise
Dawnomike
J111333

I once read ur story about a thing u were making lots of money. Didnt u invest into a landed property then? If you did, why not sell it to rise again.

My story is similar to urs cos there was a time I was making a lot of money in my life around 19 years going to 20, then my mid 20s everything just turned upside down in my later years. Thank God I built a house then. After 15 years sold it, bought another land in undeveloped site and built a small structure to live in, used to rest to rise again and I'm picking up gradually in my own business.

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by kgb101: 10:50pm On May 04, 2020
sexylassie2:
Illegals.

I still don't understand, you risk your life to go to Europe then getting to Europe, you still end up poor or destitute.

What sort of risks is this? I am confused.

Honestly cannot understand why a Nigerian will spend over a million and risk dieing to come and leave destitute in Europe. On arrival they spend almost a year if not more in detention camp, their asylum will most likely be refused anyway then they start hiding. Not worth it.
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by pocohantas(f): 10:58pm On May 04, 2020
No sensible human should be deceived by this post. This mode of travel is bad!!!

Before the demise of Gaddafi, he was paid lots of money to keep Libyan borders shut. He tried, but of course there would be loopholes. There are gang wars in Libya and you would be lucky to escape them or the rigours of the journey.

Some are sold. Guys are sometimes tortured to death, that is if their people back home can’t pay extra money for them to complete the trip. The ladies are raped and turned to prostitutes, where they have to fck and raise at least $1500 dollars to complete their trip. Hey! They charge like $8 for one fck o. How many angry pricks to raise this money, Charley? shocked shocked

The completion of this journey across the Mediterranean is to force a rescue mission from the Italian sea patrol. They leave the migrants on that inflatable boat, call the sea patrol and hurriedly go back. Some will die before help gets to them.

Even when they get to you, they will still take you to a camp. Ask yourself, is it worth it?

Italy is tightening its borders and over the years they have shifted to Spain. Na still same suffer. E no worth am!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by kokakola: 11:13pm On May 04, 2020
southniyikaye:

I can relate to this your story bro.
I remember when my childhood friend left studying law when he was in 400Level and decided that he must enter Italy through anyhow. He told me how they treated them like Slaves, Animals and were molested in Lybia. He told me how they entered balloon in their numbers on the sea enroute to Italy.

I didn't hear from him not after 2years. When he hit me up on Facebook. My joy was that he survived and right now guy don they harvest Euros. He's settled all his siblings and right now "they're all doing well."
He's on his third house down here.

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by raphy(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2020
to live is to suffer and to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.to die is to be free from suffering.

life is a risk in its self go take it.or die trying.

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Sterope(f): 11:19pm On May 04, 2020
Lmao. The EU is also paying those terrorists to keep people off.

Human trafficking is real but they will never listen.

pocohantas:
No sensible human should be deceived by this post. This mode of travel is bad!!!

Before the demise of Gaddafi, he was paid lots of money to keep Libyan borders shut. He tried, but of course there would be loopholes. There are gang wars in Libya and you would be lucky to escape them or the rigours of the journey.

Some are sold. Guys are sometimes tortured to death, that is if their people back home can’t pay extra money for them to complete the trip. The ladies are raped and turned to prostitutes, where they have to fck and raise at least $1500 dollars to complete their trip. Hey! They charge like $8 for one fck o. How many angry pricks to raise this money, Charley? shocked shocked

The completion of this journey across the Mediterranean is to force a rescue mission from the Italian sea patrol. They leave the migrants on that inflatable boat, call the sea patrol and hurriedly go back. Some will die before help gets to them.

Even when they get to you, they will still take you to a camp. Ask yourself, is it worth it?

Italy is tightening its borders and over the years they have shifted to Spain. Na still same suffer. E no worth am!!

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 04, 2020
excanny:

I once read ur story about a thing u were making lots of money. Didnt u invest into a landed property then? If you did, why not sell it to rise again.

My story is similar to urs cos there was a time I was making a lot of money in my life around 19 years going to 20, then my mid 20s everything just turned upside down in my later years. Thank God I built a house then. After 15 years sold it, bought another land in undeveloped site and built a small structure to live in, used to rest to rise again and I'm picking up gradually in my own business.
sold everything to raise the 2m for Canada, it ended in tears.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Petrolex Mega Oil City, Ibefun In Ogun State (Photos, Videos) / Moving Permanently To The US / Pakistani Men Who Were To Preach Islam To Nigerians Cause Stir On Lagos Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.