Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,899 members, 7,956,396 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches (910 Views)

Pastors Arrested For Conducting Fake Miracles In Lagos / Many Arrested, Properties Destroyed As Lagos Task Force Storm Shrine In #ikeja / ‘fetish’ Pastors Arrested For Defrauding And Sexually Abusing Members (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Ctorch: 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
COVID-19: 5 pastors arrested, others flee as Ebonyi lockdown task force storm churches

Ebonyi State COVID-19 task force on Sunday arrested 5 pastors in Afikpo North and Ohaukwu Local government areas of the Ebonyi State; the rest later fled to escape arrest.
The pastors were arrested for allegedly violating the lockdown order by holding Sunday church services.
In Afikpo North the task force led by the Technical Assistant to the State Governor, Hon Otu Unyanma confirmed the arrest of the pastor of Dynamic Faith Church who violated the order.
Other pastors arrested at Ohaukwu local government area include the officiating ministers of Church of Christ Agbaba, Ascension Church Agbaba, Methodist Church Otuokpeye, and Metodist church Ndegu-Eshi.
The taskforce team in Ohaukwu acting on a tip off mobilized and stormed the said churches and promptly arrested the pastors and officiating priests.
It was gathered that the officiating ministers had been handed over to the DPO, Ohaukwu Division and will be scheduled for prosecution on Monday.
It was also gathered that the Commissioner for Internal Security as well as the Attorney General of the state Mr. Cletus Ofoke, have been notified.
There was, however, a mild drama at Amike-Abba in Ebonyi Local Government area of Ebonyi State as the pastor in charge of a pentecostal church located inside a school building and his members took to their heels on sighting members of the COVID-19 taskforce team.
Daily Sun gathered that immediately the task force team stormed the venue and gained access into the school premises where the church was being held, both the pastor, the wife and other members of the church numbering over 30 took to their heels to escape arrest.
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by swtdrms(m): 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
Church Service gone wrong
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by lomprico(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
Good, I hope such measures will also be meted out to mosque worshippers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
Brigadier General Dave Umahi.
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Ezewuzie01: 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
Dave Umahi cannot try this rubbish in Anambra or Imo. That would be the end of his political career. Ikedi Ohakim paid dearly for it in Imo state. Umahi should be careful how he relates with the church.

1 Like

Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Davash222(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ezewuzie01:
Dave Umahi cannot try this rubbish in Anambra or Imo. That would be the end of his political career. Ikedi Ohakim paid dearly for it in Imo state. Umahi should be careful how he relates with the church.
You're saying nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ezewuzie01:

Shut up

Anybody who stands to endanger the peace and health of all Ebonyians is a threat and must be treated as such.

Law offenders must not be let lose whether you are a religious or academic leader.

Take your rubbish talk away from Ebonyi state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by zionmde: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
it's good to obey constituted authorities while praying that we overcome this menace

But d truth is dat Christians in authority try too hard to show d world how much they could fight against other Christians. But if it's in d north, they respect their worship places. no governor will order police to go into mosques for arrest

Umahi is a deacon, he should not bring shame to that office
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nat404: 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2020
AkeNathan:

Shut up

Anybody who stands to endanger the peace and health of all Ebonyians is a threat and must be treated as such.

Law offenders must not be let lose whether you are a religious or academic leader.

Hahaha. Take it easy, brother. cheesy
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by bigiyaro(m): 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
AkeNathan:

Shut up

why don't you go to katsina and repeat what you said to the almajiries that burned down a police station cos the police disrupted their prayers.
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Ezewuzie01: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
MelesZenawi your stupidity enwero njedebe. Instead of you to be a man for once and reply me with your Osafyego98 moniker, you keep showing how depraved you are cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by koffsman(m): 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
Honestly I don't feel sorry for them, if a virus carrier comes to the Church do they know how many death that will cause, we can worship GOD from the house all that is needed is our heart , I just hope they realize their mistake and not hide under the scripture.
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by helinues: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
Those pastors might been missing tithes
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
bigiyaro:
why don't you go to katsina and repeat what you said to the almajiries that burned down a police station cos the police disrupted their prayers.

I'm talking about my state.

Let Katsina people worry about Katsina

1 Like

Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nat404:
Hahaha. Take it easy, brother. cheesy

Imagine this nonsense.

In a pandemic where religious gathering is a risk factor. He's politicizing the whole matter as if this is time to play politics that might lead to loss of dozens of human lives.
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2020
zionmde:
it's good to obey constituted authorities while praying that we overcome this menace

But d truth is dat Christians in authority try too hard to show d world how much they could fight against other Christians. But if it's in d north, they respect their worship places. no governor will order police to go into mosques for arrest

Leave all these rubbish talk.

Mecca in Saudi Arabia is on lock down.

Umahi is a deacon with sense. All you lots are senseless deacons d.i.cc.k-ONS

1 Like

Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by bigiyaro(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
AkeNathan:

I'm talking about my state.
Let Katsina people worry about Katsina
metcheeww.
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by zionmde: 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
AkeNathan:

Leave all these rubbish talk.

Mecca in Saudi Arabia is on lock down.

Umahi is a deacon with sense. All you lots are senseless deacons d.i.cc.k-ONS
Sharrap if u don't know who a deacon is
or u think it's just a mere conferrement
why going far Saudi
why not tell me that all mosques in d north are on lockdown

ode
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ezewuzie01:
MelesZenawi your stupidity enwero njedebe. Instead of you to be a man for once and reply me with your Osafyego98 moniker, you keep showing how depraved you are cheesy

Osagyefo98 not Osafygo98

Go school Dem no go gree.....that's btw.

Seems there are people who feel threatened by my presence....Lolzz..
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2020
zionmde:

Sharrap if u don't know who a deacon is
or u think it's just a mere conferrement
why going far Saudi
why not tell me that all mosques in d north are on lockdown

ode

If we must go on the religious route

Let us start with the Head and not the tail.

Mecca is the Head of ALL muslims.

Carry your Christian religious extremism away from Ebonyi state

It impedes Progress and we don't want it here.

1 Like

Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by bmdmixer: 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2020
give to Caesar to Caesar n God to God
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by zionmde: 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2020
AkeNathan:

If we must go on the religious route
Let us start with the Head and not the tail.
Mecca is the Head of ALL muslims.
Carry your Christian religious extremism away from Ebonyi state
It impedes Progress and we don't want it here.
Why not concentrate on ur own country And why are u dudging telling me dat all mosques in d north are closed Umahi is a Christian extremist by d virtue of that conferrement of deaconship Head ko tail ni
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
zionmde:

Why not concentrate on ur own country
And why are u dudging telling me dat all mosques in d north are closed
Umahi is a Christian extremist by d virtue of that conferrement of deaconship
Head ko
tail ni
Comot my face

Come ebonyi come open church in this pandemic na if them born u
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by zionmde: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
AkeNathan:
Comot my face
Come ebonyi come open church in this pandemic na if them born u
Na u carry ur wor wor head come my face first now turn back to where d hell u came from Mkpi
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
zionmde:

[s]Na u carry ur wor wor head come my face first
now turn back to where d hell u came from
Mkpi[/s]

Get away from Ebonyi you religious extemist

1 Like

Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by zionmde: 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
AkeNathan:

Get away from Ebonyi you religious extemist
u are here otule nkita
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
zionmde:

u are here
otule nkita

See em head like deacon grin
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by irunoko(m): 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
How about the burial in borno? How come we didn't see that same energy?
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by LLobiorah: 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
Ezewuzie01:

Are you bereft of sense?
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by LLobiorah: 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
zionmde:

Give to Ceaser, what belongs to Ceaser.
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by LLobiorah: 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
zionmde:

Why not concentrate on ur own country
And why are u dudging telling me dat all mosques in d north are closed
Umahi is a Christian extremist by d virtue of that conferrement of deaconship
Head ko
tail ni

Let him be a Christian extremist, is it your own extremism? See as person carry person matter do head.
Re: 5 Pastors Arrested, Others Flee As Ebonyi Lockdown Task Force Storm Churches by dragunov: 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
irunoko:
How about the burial in borno? How come we didn't see that same energy?

Asko o!

(1) (Reply)

Man Caught Sending Fake Credit Alert To A P.O.S Operator (video) / Customs Officers Stray Bullet Kills Man In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / BREAKING News.(video) Oduduwa Fighters Ready To Flush Fulani Herdsmen Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.