Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Gov. Umahi: I Will Not Lock Down Ebonyi Completely - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Umahi: I Will Not Lock Down Ebonyi Completely (252 Views)

Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" / Umahi: I Will Host Peter Obi In Ebonyi, I Like What He’s Doing / MORE PHOTOS ! As Buhari Shuts Down Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Umahi: I Will Not Lock Down Ebonyi Completely by LatestTori4Town: 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2020

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has said he would not entirely lock down the state even as cases of the Coronavirus disease continues to increase across Nigeria.

Umahi said this in a statement by Mr. Uchenna Orji, the State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, on Sunday in Abakaliki, NAN reports.

According to Umahi, the economic peculiarities of the state must be considered before reaching such a decision.

“I considered the state’s poverty index as those agitating that I close all markets have to re-evaluate their suggestions.

“We have not recorded any index case of COVID-19, and therefore, there is no need to shut our economic activities entirely,” he said.

Gov. Umahi Thanks Ebonyi State Residents For Covid-19 Measures Compliance

Umahi also thanked the residents of the state for their patience over the dusk to dawn curfew, noting that their compliance was ‘encouraging.’

“The level of compliance attests to the great work of our Local Government Area Chairmen, Coordinators of development centers, security agencies, among other stakeholders in the battle against this virus.

“I believe that by May 1, 2020, and if there is no record of the disease in Ebonyi, we shall lift the 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. curfew but maintain total closure of the boundaries within a distance of 300 meters radius.”

While states battle to contain COVID-19, the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed another 87 cases of the disease in the last 24 hours, bringing to 1,182 the total number of infected persons in the country.

Source
Re: Gov. Umahi: I Will Not Lock Down Ebonyi Completely by Stone123(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
Haha �
Re: Gov. Umahi: I Will Not Lock Down Ebonyi Completely by carlleung(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2020

(1) (Reply)

15 Things President Buhari Said In His Live Broadcast / COVID-19: IMF Approves $3.4bn Emergency Support For Nigeria / (video) Multiple Auto Crash In Benin As Residents Rush To Beat Curfew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.