Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,941 members, 7,838,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1189266 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:28pm On May 18, 2020
Hey dear, I'm just an applicant like you o, just thought to add 2 cents.

MBA is very sellable over there and was my initial desire but it's crazily expensive for International students.

I can comfortably afford it but i chose differently.. Will apply to do cheap MEng. and secure visa first.. May switch eventually when i get to the school or chill and study it when i get PR cos it will be cheaper then. Instead of proving why i want to switch from engineering to business bla bla bla and having VO raise plenty brows about funding and then again, its 1 year which secures less points on the PR scoreline

I don't know if I'm thinking right o but chose to share

silvamania:
Hello

Please I need an answer or an advice to this question that’s bothering me seriously

I have 12M in my personal account . Sponsorship not exactly forthcoming

I am going for a program of 8.2M (MBA).

Should I submit this bank account along side my landed properties , shares and other investments

Or i shouldn’t till I find a sponsor??

Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oganammuo: 7:33pm On May 18, 2020
Chalva:
Well-done my brother. Some people don't deserve to be in this forum.I had first class in Elect/Elect Engineering worked with a verifiable federal parastatal as an Engineer with good salary, submitted payslip,salary account, leave letter, recommendation letter(was denied for current employment situation) paid complete tuition fees for two years of my desired program (was denied for insufficient fund for tuition fee).had a running business which s verifiable, had 8600 USD available in my dorm account for living expenses for more than 4 months(was denied for insufficient fund for living expenses), married with children with my wife doing a verifiable job too , had properties evaluated etc yet was denied with flimsy reasons. How can Ircc justify my denial of immigration status with no travel history?.I was given only insufficient fund for tuition in my second application as d only reason for denial. This prompted me to pay full tuition for 2yrs of d program.we are on nairaland to share information, learn from peoples mistake, encourage people and not to cajole people and your country even when u know we have genuine applicants from Nigeria..I was given bvl just 3 to4 days after d third application.. Let ircc be consistent wit their application reviews

Sir, I sent you a mail. Pls reply. Pls. I just need to make an enquiry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 7:38pm On May 18, 2020
oma22:
Please whoever is the admin of this forum should call some people to order, we are deviating from the course of this forum. When I first joined this forum I got a lot of helpful information that aided me in applying for my study permit, thanks to u all. But now there are newbies here asking questions and getting very minimal response because you people are busy complaining of how unfair the Canadian immigration system is and whether Nigerians are corrupt or not. As I said earlier, if u feel u have been denied your right or unjustly denied visa u can quietly take it up with IRCC in court. Their are immigration lawyers that will be happy to represent you.

The one thing I understand here is:
1. Canadian Immigration has quotas for issuing student visas.
They may not publish them or even admit to having them but believe me when I say that, even though you have met all of the requirements, **the Canadian Government owes you nothing.**
There are many people from many countries that view a Canadian education with great value. The Canadian Government is very aware of this. It’s therefore a sellers market.
It is also well known that a Canadian education attained with a student visa is one of the more secure paths to being granted Permanent Residency in Canada, especially if you have managed to secure some part time work in your intended field. The number of people applying to go to Canada now are not the same as the number of people that were applying in 2016. I had a cousin who went to Canada to do his undergraduate in 2011 and came back because it was too cold. Fast forward now he applied for post graduate and got denied. Then Canada was not what it is now, so situations have changed.
They get millions of qualified applicants every day but somehow they will have to filter.

If you still want to study in Canada, try again and again till u get it. It all depends on how badly u want it. Coming here to complain everyday will not give u the visa.

If my visa gets refused I will keep trying till I get it cos God knows how badly I want it.

Can we please help others with their applications, and if complaining is so important to us we can create another forum for that.

Thanks.
Well said bro����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 7:55pm On May 18, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Cflow10,

Ideally, there won't be need. Logically, there MAY be need especially if you intend to demonstrate the significance of the course in that particular institution against others that offers similar institution.

N.B: there is no one rules to writing a Letter and different ways of presenting narrarives. This is what makes it unique. What is felt to be irrelevant might just be what is consider to be the dealmaker to a successful application. Being able to demonstrate onself as a genuine student doesn't only entails major factors but minor factors as your query.

All the best

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by naijaoyibo: 8:17pm On May 18, 2020
Dear all, Thanks for all you do.

My younger sister gained admission to do an MBA in Canada last year 2019. We applied for a visa (paper route). Unfortunately she was denied visa. Reasons 'She does not meet the financial requirement'.

In the application, I, her brother was the major sponsor. I included property documents worth about 40M Naira. I also submitted certificates of investment with some Agro-tech companies worth about 30 million Naira too. I submitted a personal bank statement with an account balance of about 20M Naira, and a bank statement of my business account with an account balance of 20M Naira. However, my personal account has funds coming and going in very often with very huge turnover since I run a crypto exchange platform.
My business account was registered as a general merchandise, import-export, buying and selling business 2 years ago. However these days I just use it for my crypto exchange business when I exhaust the limit on my personal account. So for both my personal accounts and business, we have funds coming in and going out. It doesn't really stay for long. However 1 month to submitting the application, I ensured I always left a tangible sum of 10-20M there. (seems this did not work with the visa denial).

Also, most of my funds are kept in crypto assets (BTC and USDT), so I could not include these other funds when submitting documents as her sponsor. Immediately after the denial, I opened another personal account and tried to deposit funds monthly there to build a history. I wanted to build these funds for 6 months and get it to about 40M Naira. I could only do this for 2 months and managed to deposit about 11M Naira before I had to withdraw all and convert to USD cash after I got intel of the Naira devaluation in March. However, when I was withdrawing the money from the account, I always included a comment on each transfer 'Purchase of dollar'.

The problem here is, we want to reapply for the visa next month. However, I am confused on how to prove to the consul and Canadian High Commission that I am capable of sponsoring her education in Canada. Most of my assets are in crypto and stored in 'cold and hard storage'. My company is not registered as a crypto company. There are no crypto laws in Nigeria currently. There is more than enough money to support her financially, but I do not know the best way to prove to the Canadian high commission that these funds are readily available.

I still have about 30M Naira in Agro-tech. However, majority of my capital remains in Crypto. Also, I am still very young. Does this play a role? How do I go about this? What's the best way to prove that I can sponsor her.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nochyks87: 8:50pm On May 18, 2020
Adetayoade1:
please sir pertaining to a letter of reference from a former employer what kind of headline can I give it “Letter of reference “?? or how do I put the heading as ?

The heading or title of the letter could read any of the following:

1)Employment Verification For "your full name"

Or

2) Reference Letter in Favour of "your full name"

3) Proof of Employment for " your full name"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 18, 2020
naijaoyibo:

My younger sister gained admission to do an MBA in Canada last year 2019. We applied for a visa (paper route). Unfortunately she was denied visa. Reasons 'She does not meet the financial requirement'.

In the application, I, her brother was the major sponsor. I included property documents worth about 40M Naira. I also submitted certificates of investment with some Agro-tech companies worth about 30 million Naira too. I submitted a personal bank statement with an account balance of about 20M Naira, and a bank statement of my business account with an account balance of 20M Naira. However, my personal account has funds coming and going in very often with very huge turnover since I run a crypto exchange platform.
My business account was registered as a general merchandise, import-export, buying and selling business 2 years ago. However these days I just use it for my crypto exchange business when I exhaust the limit on my personal account. So for both my personal accounts and business, we have funds coming in and going out. It doesn't really stay for long. However 1 month to submitting the application, I ensured I always left a tangible sum of 10-20M there. (seems this did not work with the visa denial).

Also, most of my funds are kept in crypto assets (BTC and USDT), so I could not include these other funds when submitting documents as her sponsor. Immediately after the denial, I opened another personal account and tried to deposit funds monthly there to build a history. I wanted to build these funds for 6 months and get it to about 40M Naira. I could only do this for 2 months and managed to deposit about 11M Naira before I had to withdraw all and convert to USD cash after I got intel of the Naira devaluation in March. However, when I was withdrawing the money from the account, I always included a comment on each transfer 'Purchase of dollar'.

The problem here is, we want to reapply for the visa next month. However, I am confused on how to prove to the consul and Canadian High Commission that I am capable of sponsoring her education in Canada. Most of my assets are in crypto and stored in 'cold and hard storage'. My company is not registered as a crypto company. There are no crypto laws in Nigeria currently. There is more than enough money to support her financially, but I do not know the best way to prove to the Canadian high commission that these funds are readily available.

I still have about 30M Naira in Agro-tech. However, majority of my capital remains in Crypto. Also, I am still very young. Does this play a role? How do I go about this? What's the best way to prove that I can sponsor her.
i'll offer my little insight before the gurus help you out lol
First and foremost, as a sponsor..you must have a steady flow of cash,i suppose with the large outtake,they felt perhaps there's inconsistency in availability of cash which as a sponsor should not be the case
2.Your business not being registered in nigeria is also an issue(the VO's would think the sponsor is not from a trustworthy source cuz they'll do a check on companies registered
That being said,i'd like to ask if you have a close relative or family that can cover up the sponsorship part.
2. are you in nigeria...I asked cuz sometimes this Vos can use ties as financial error,no one knows how those guys think lol.
what did you use as family ties for her?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nochyks87: 8:53pm On May 18, 2020
Bruan:
Please my program has a 6 month coop placement. When I want to apply for my study visa, is there a way to apply for the coop work permit specially or I just go about the application normally

In the questionnaire before you start the main application, you will be asked if there is "work requirement in study", you tick yes. When you get to uploading documents make sure you still upload your acceptance letter in that tab. This is because your letter of acceptance states you need a work requirement or placement during the course of your studies.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 18, 2020
Thank you very much sir
nochyks87:

The heading or title of the letter could read any of the following:

1)Employment Verification For "your full name"

Or

2) Reference Letter in Favour of "your full name"

3) Proof of Employment for " your full name"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:55pm On May 18, 2020
U like 'however' sha.. grin Lolz. Just kidding

Gurus will respond to your question soon, however wink, u should state the EXACT reasons for previous denial.. did the VO write the bolded?

naijaoyibo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by naijaoyibo: 8:58pm On May 18, 2020
Thanks for your response.

1. There is steady flow of cash to all my accounts. My personal accounts have a turnover of about 100 million Naira minimum every month. The money comes and goes since I trade crypto daily mostly.

2. I have a registered business (Business name Enterprise), which I registered 2 years ago before I went into crypto. This business name was registered as 'General merchandise, buying and selling, Import and Export etc'. However, I do not do any of this kind of business, at least for now. I use this account to make payments to clients and fellow crypto traders when I exhaust limits on my personal accounts.

3. For family ties, she is my younger sister. We share the same surname, and I submitted my International passport.
Meek127:

i'll offer my little insight before the gurus help you out lol
First and foremost, as a sponsor..you must have a steady flow of cash,i suppose with intake and outtake,they felt perhaps there's inconsistency in availability of cash which as a sponsor should not be the case
2.Your business not being registered is also an issue(the VO's would think the sponsor is not from a trustworthy source cuz they'll do a check on companies registered
That being said,i'd like to ask if you have a close relative or family that can cover up the sponsorship part.
2. are you in nigeria...I asked cuz sometimes this Vos can use ties as financial error,no one knows how those guys think lol.
what did you use as family ties for her?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by naijaoyibo: 9:04pm On May 18, 2020
This is the exact reason. copied word for word from the rejection mail.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada

Pee2Jay9:
U like 'however' sha.. grin Lolz. Just kidding

Gurus will respond to your question soon, however wink, u should state the EXACT reasons for previous denial.. did the VO write the bolded?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TaniSure: 9:05pm On May 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please is it acceptable to use marriage certificate from any local or state court?

Federal marriage registry in abj isn't open for Registrations currently.

Please I need urgent answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 18, 2020
naijaoyibo:
Thanks for your response.

1. There is steady flow of cash to all my accounts. My personal accounts have a turnover of about 100 million Naira minimum every month. The money comes and goes since I trade crypto daily mostly.

2. I have a registered business (Business name Enterprise), which I registered 2 years ago before I went into crypto. This business name was registered as 'General merchandise, buying and selling, Import and Export etc'. However, I do not do any of this kind of business, at least for now. I use this account to make payments to clients and fellow crypto traders when I exhaust limits on my personal accounts.

3. For family ties, she is my younger sister. We share the same surname, and I submitted my International passport.

I just read your post,is someone accompanying her?
Is she married ?

Tbh in most cases when it comes to sponsoring,the Vos mostly buy parents sponsoring, spouse or company
where she works.
If someone is accompanying her,im not sure that's a good play since she being sponsored
Probably,she should go alone

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by naijaoyibo: 9:43pm On May 18, 2020
She is not married. No one is accompanying her. She is also less than 25 years old. At the time of first application, she was working as an intern in a Nigerian tech company. Also, my parents are retired now. So I am not sure if I could indirectly channel the money through them. Important fact, 'I am older than this my sister with less than 2 years.' Could that have played a role in the denial?
Meek127:

I just read your post,is someone accompanying her?
Is she married ?

Tbh in most cases when it comes to sponsoring,the Vos mostly buy parents sponsoring, spouse or company
where she works.
If someone is accompanying her,im not sure that's a good play since she being sponsored
Probably,she should go alone

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 18, 2020
naijaoyibo:
She is not married. No one is accompanying her. She is also less than 25 years old. At the time of first application, she was working as an intern in a Nigerian tech company. Also, my parents are retired now. So I am not sure if I could indirectly channel the money through them. Important fact, 'I am older than this my sister with less than 2 years.' Could that have played a role in the denial?

yep...they're not buying it
you could use your parents,that would be more believable tbh
There are things you have to consider if you are to use your parents as sponsors
1. I'm guessing they're on pension..Do they have any personal business right now
2. Another thing im weary of is home ties...I hope they're not going to use that as an excuse
Do they have landed properties?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by naijaoyibo: 10:09pm On May 18, 2020
My parents do not have any business right now. My dad lives on his pension. They have a few properties, but not worth so much.
I also have some properties in my name and substantial amount of liquidity. I have no idea on how to channel this to my parents or make it more presentable to convince the Consul at the Canadian high commission.
Meek127:

yep...they're not buying it
you could use your parents,that would be more believable tbh
There are things you have to consider if you are to use your parents as sponsors
1. I'm guessing they're on pension..Do they have any personal business right now
2. Another thing im weary off is home ties...I hope they're not going to use that as an excuse
Do they have landed properties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:21pm On May 18, 2020
naijaoyibo:
This is the exact reason. copied word for word from the rejection mail.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada

Please quick question

Who filled the Immm form for her?
Did she do it herself and did you use an agent?
I asked cos your finances are very very okay...
The best way to tackle this is,
pay her tuition fee complete
do not use your company account, use your personal account only
u don't need to move money to your parents account.
Fill the Immm form with her together, I say this cos the denial reasons keep showihg someone is accompanying her.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 18, 2020
Anon123:

Please quick question

Fill the Immm form with her together, I say this cos the denial reasons keep showihg someone is accompanying her.
it was funny seeing that @Anon123

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by naijaoyibo: 10:28pm On May 18, 2020
I also forgot to add.

We already paid about half the tuition and some other fee amounting to about 20,000$ CAD.
She filled the IMMM form herself. And yes, we used a very popular agency company. If I remember correctly, she never presented this form to me. I would follow up on that now .
Anon123:

Please quick question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 18, 2020
naijaoyibo:
I also forgot to add.

We already paid about half the tuition and some other fee amounting to about 20,000$ CAD.
She filled the IMMM form herself. I would check the IMMM form now.
I hope she didn't make mistake
undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:31pm On May 18, 2020
naijaoyibo:

Una dy make this stuff difficult.. all this money yet she was denied for the same reason insufficient financial resources.

Please if you wish to reapply,

Use your own personal account, using a company account isn't okay, don't even include it.. if you can just pay her full tuition fee if it's not fully paid, apply with your personal account, your sponsor employment docs can be the business u do.. all this investments remove it all..

Just make this application simple and straightforward, the VO probably only wanted to see your personal account balance savings, if it's sufficient for her upkeep and living expenses cos clearly you can cater for all that and also Cos the person you are sponsoring is still young. You have started well by opening an account just for her visa parole which has amounted to 11m..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by naijaoyibo: 10:33pm On May 18, 2020
Noted. Thanks
Anon123:

Una dy make this stuff difficult.. all this money yet she was denied for the same reason insufficient financial resources.

Please if you wish to reapply,

Use your own personal account, using a company account isn't okay.. if you can just pay her full tuition fee if it's not fully paid, apply with your personal account, your sponsor employment docs can be the business u do.. all this investments remove it all..

Just make this application simple and straightforward, the VO probably only wanted to see your personal account balance. Cos the person you are sponsoring is still young. You have started well by opening an account just for her visa parole which has amounted to 11m..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 18, 2020
@naijaoyibo follow the guru lol, that should solve it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:37pm On May 18, 2020
naijaoyibo:
I also forgot to add.

She filled the IMMM form herself. And yes, we used a very popular agency company. If I remember correctly, she never presented this form to me. I would follow up on that now .

Please my advice is, do not use them again... reason, they practically do everything and don't show u Wat they have done to proof read for errors which those guys do with ease.. first issue came from that IMMM form..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miztafrank: 10:39pm On May 18, 2020
Do you think one year isn't enough for immigration?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:45pm On May 18, 2020
Miztafrank:

The answer lies in the last post you just re-edited now... the guy gave you two scenarios, if your plan is to study and come back, 1yr is ideal, program is the way forward... if you start with a 1yr course and wish to stay longer, it means u have to apply for another program to make it 2yrs and also show POF all over again but if your plan is to migrate and gain a PR, a 2yrs program is ideal. The choice is yours

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 18, 2020
Miztafrank:
No...it has deficiency...you'll only get 1 year PGWP.
There would be barely anytime for you to find a job,write IELTS...but 2 yrs offers 3 yrs PGWP...which gives you enough time.

if your mind Is still on 1yr, when your done you'll have to take another course say 8mnth to 1 year.
Mind you,you'll have to renew your study permit again.

once you done with your 2nd course, you can apply for the 3yr PGWP..

it's just another way to go about it
so your choice 1yr or 2yr lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 18, 2020
Oga anon123,your in charge grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rkarang: 11:01pm On May 18, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

No. I will put in mine this month end or early next month. Taking things slowly.

You got a better offer here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by naijaoyibo: 11:03pm On May 18, 2020
We also got the GCMS notes. The summary is as follows:

I have reviewed the application based on the financial documents submitted. I am not satisfied the applicant has sufficient funds to pay the fees, living expenses and transportation costs. For the above reasons above, I have refused the application.

Note, we already paid part of the fees amounting to about 20,000$CAD

Anon123:

Please my advice is, do not use them again... reason, they practically do everything and don't show u Wat they have done to proof read for errors which those guys do with ease.. first issue came from that IMMM form..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:19pm On May 18, 2020
naijaoyibo:
We also got the GCMS notes. The summary is as follows:

I have reviewed the application based on the financial documents submitted. I am not satisfied the applicant has sufficient funds to pay the fees, living expenses and transportation costs. For the above reasons above, I have refused the application.

Note, we already paid part of the fees amounting to about 20,000$CAD

I can say for the bolded, the VO just needed to see simple application that was straightforward.. All you needed was your personal account statement. Imagine the whole gcms note showed the reason was centred on finances only, that means the VO probably got tired of seeing multiple docs just to prove you have money.. he or she might lose track of verifying and just tick "application refused"
check your mail..

So pls just make the re-application simple.. cos honestly you have the funds to cater for all those listed requirements.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.