Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1177550 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by muyiwaakeredolu(m): 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
ConradAce1:

Hang on their neck. Don’t let them breath. Send mails every day if you can. Same thing with my sister. School said after 8 weeks. 8 weeks passed nothing. Back to back till the refund came.
They like wasting time for nothing.

Thamks Bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Queenbeloveth(f): 11:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
Thank you so much for this, I appreciate. I will try my luck then because that staying back is actually the reason I prefer Canada to UK
willbeck:

I can relate to this as I have a close person on the same predicament who is also having a tough time making a decision between uk and camada for study.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 11:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
Oluwayemisi0507:
@Frankrobbn1, I am so sorry to disturb you but please answer me. sad cry

I have to decide by tomorrow morning pleaseeeee.

Hi Oluwayemisi, The Nigerian Student Express(NSE) has same similarities with the Student Direct Stream(SDS) which applies to some selected countries unlike the NSE that applies to Nigerians only. The Student Direct stream accepts both General and Academic Test scores but the Nigeria Student Express (NSE) just kicked off this year so some things are not yet pretty clear as to the position of the IRCC and hopefully they are able to put more clarity just for example on the issue of the mybankstatement certificate which not all commercials banks has keyed into etc.

Now looking at the NSE letter, they were not specific whether the applicant should submit General or Academic Module so i think you should go ahead and submit your General Test scores report and if you go ahead and register for Academic test , you will also be on track but be mindful of their deadline for you to respond, any is fine.

Dont base your decision on who has gotten Visa based on General Test scores submission. The VO wieghs a lot of factors on the applicant and makes his/her final decision.

So, i would allow you make your decision as to which.

Wish you success.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
bigdemo:
Please guys I need advice on this below mail , that was sent to me today.

Dear Musa Aremu Akinloye,

Congratulations! You have been pre-admitted to Cambrian College for the following program:

PROGRAM: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT - GRADUATE CERTIFICATE
LEVEL: Level 1
TERM: Spring 2021
CAMPUS: Barrydowne Campus
START DATE: May 10, 2021

Note: This is a Pre-Admit letter only which cannot be used for VISA purposes.

Your Pre-Admit letter and other critical information can be accessed via the Ontariocolleges.ca International Applicant Portal. If you are working with an Agent, they will provide you with this Pre-Admit letter.

Please refer to the letter provided for any instructions and next steps. Once the College has acknowledged that you have met the conditions of your pre-admittance, a letter of acceptance will follow.

In your Pre-Admit letter, we have included some important information on the next steps for you to pay your deposit in order to secure your seat in the program.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Sincerely,

International Admissions Team
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology
1400 Barrydowne Road
Sudbury ON, P3A 3V8.

Please guys, kindly advice on what next to do,
I was to pay about $8000 latest by ending of this month.
your swift response will be highly appreciated
Hi,

Congratulations on your Admission

This is a Pre-Admission Letter, but this is not a Full Letter of Acceptance (LOA)

If u login to your Ontario College International Portal, u will see the PRE-ADMISSION LETTER ready for download

U can't use this LOA to apply for for a study visa (stated in Red ink)

Now to get the Full LOA u can use to apply for a study Visa, u have have to pay the required tuition deposit before the deadline date given to u, failure to do that means u are not interested in the program anymore, and they would cancel your seat for the program.

So if u don't wanna loose ur seat for the program, endeavor to pay that tuition deposit bfor the deadline date
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bigdemo(m): 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
Thanks for your response bro,
Just want to know the authentication of the admission, before paying
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

Congratulations on your Admission

This is a Pre-Admission Letter, but this is not a Full Letter of Acceptance (LOA)

If u login to your Ontario College International Portal, u will see the PRE-ADMISSION LETTER ready for download

U can't use this LOA to apply for for a study visa (stated in Red ink)

Now to get the Full LOA u can use to apply for a study Visa, u have have to pay the required tuition deposit before the deadline date given to u, failure to do that means u are not interested in the program anymore, and they would cancel your seat for the program.

So if u don't wanna loose ur seat for the program, endeavor to pay that tuition deposit bfor the deadline date

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 12:51am On Dec 10, 2020
Please do I need a transit Visa to go through Germany? Please any suggestion of flight for next week? I'm going to Halifax
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 12:54am On Dec 10, 2020
Thanks alot for the clarification.

To your questions, an employment bond is a really good tie back home oh. I don't think that should cause any fear.

Having your child back home is also a very good home tie. I'm sure the gurus here can speak more on this.

It will end in praise.

akinajibola:

Am not really sure if I indicated that I have done IELTS. Initially I had already prepared documents required for NSE so I had done academic IELTS in August before submitting in September. I just didnt submit it upon submission then.

Eligibility Review commenced 1st Dec, I wonder I long it will take to reach a decision. My fear with regards to my application is just 2 reasons
1. Because I dont have landed properties in my name. I only submitted an employment bond I signed with the office stating that I will be absorbed into the company upon completion of the studies and I will remain with the company for the next 3 years afterwards.
2. I have a 6 years old that wont be accompanying me. She is remaining with her dad till I get back.

Anyways I honestly hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Meeny123: 1:02am On Dec 10, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
Please do I need a transit Visa to go through Germany? Please any suggestion of flight for next week? I'm going to Halifax

You do not need a transit visa if you have a valid UK or US visa. If you don’t have these visas, you will need to apply at a German Consulate, who are always keen to deny. I’ll advice you to go through a country that won’t require a transit visa. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by omoluka: 2:33am On Dec 10, 2020
Which of these is the easiest route to Canada 2020/2021 : Study, work or visit/tourist visa package?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ehiremen2002: 3:53am On Dec 10, 2020
[quote author=ehiremen2002 post=96891545][/quote]

<<<<please house, Can anyone help me on how to overcome the reason given in my last refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 10, 2020
samsung007:

You should probably know this.Mostly people going to U of M from NL are mostly fall or winter intake nevertheless people will show up.

smiley

Thanks For Sharing This, I appreciate!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 4:24am On Dec 10, 2020
No, you don't if Germany is the only country you are stopping (and I think) if you are flying a German based airline like Lufthansa but like someone mentioned this is true for US/UK visa holder but I am not sure if the same applies to Canadian visa holders. Please ask the airline (not the travel agent) - very important.

Dee4Doyinsola:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by akinajibola: 5:07am On Dec 10, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

The 10Million ehn, has it been in the acct for more than 6 months?

Yes it has been there since May 2020.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 5:18am On Dec 10, 2020
Hmmmm
October 12 2020 applicant
No eligibility review had started until I received the NSE request on 7th of November
Submitted the documents on 9th of November 2020
10th of November-Eligibility review has started and they are also reviewing the NSE docs along side
I am also going for my medicals today had already booked ahead for today at Q-Life
Prayer and fasting don start ooo on top their head
I just pray for favor and grace.Ireeeee oooo!!!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dayjeee(m): 5:30am On Dec 10, 2020
4) requirement will also inform you it the amount you stated is sufficient or if you need to pull more funds together before applying. U can pull more funds over the next 4 to 6 months and make your application once you have the funds. That will still give you enough time to make your application before September 21.
the route to PR.

All the best
[/quote]
Based on this, at what point of the visa application process will one have to submit account statement?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YinksXO: 5:54am On Dec 10, 2020
@Fabtee1

Your situation is similar to my daughter's application, we received BVL same date - 25th of Nov, since then, nothing. I've sent webforms and emails on her behalf but no response yet. It's also an online application submitted with upfront medicals on May 24th, received AIP 6th August. Her own passport is valid though but she's a minor and her program starts September 2021. I've seen a lot of cases on another forum with BVL and no other update but yours is the first I've seen here. Let's continue to be prayerful and keep our fingers crossed smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 6:26am On Dec 10, 2020
Thanks a lot smiley

Meeny123:

You do not need a transit visa if you have a valid UK or US visa. If you don’t have these visas, you will need to apply at a German Consulate, who are always keen to deny. I’ll advice you to go through a country that won’t require a transit visa. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 6:28am On Dec 10, 2020
Thank you smiley
Akannitommy:
No, you don't if Germany is the only country you are stopping (and I think) if you are flying a German based airline like Lufthansa but like someone mentioned this is true for US/UK visa holder but I am not sure if the same applies to Canadian visa holders. Please ask the airline (not the travel agent) - very important.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobbiegold: 6:31am On Dec 10, 2020
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 6:43am On Dec 10, 2020
In addition to the below see attached

olasubomy:

Hi Oluwayemisi, The Nigerian Student Express(NSE) has same similarities with the Student Direct Stream(SDS) which applies to some selected countries unlike the NSE that applies to Nigerians only. The Student Direct stream accepts both General and Academic Test scores but the Nigeria Student Express (NSE) just kicked off this year so some things are not yet pretty clear as to the position of the IRCC and hopefully they are able to put more clarity just for example on the issue of the mybankstatement certificate which not all commercials banks has keyed into etc.

Now looking at the NSE letter, they were not specific whether the applicant should submit General or Academic Module so i think you should go ahead and submit your General Test scores report and if you go ahead and register for Academic test , you will also be on track but be mindful of their deadline for you to respond, any is fine.

Dont base your decision on who has gotten Visa based on General Test scores submission. The VO wieghs a lot of factors on the applicant and makes his/her final decision.

So, i would allow you make your decision as to which.

Wish you success.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fabtee1: 6:56am On Dec 10, 2020
Thank you @Lekiboboe, @Akannitommy, @MadeMan01, @Uzomachukwu and every other person that helped with my issue yesterday.

My PPR dropped this morning. I am in Lagos, planning to use Abuja VFS office, read here that it's a better choice compared to the Lagos office.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:02am On Dec 10, 2020
Fabtee1:
Thank you @Lekiboboe, @Akannitommy, @MadeMan01, @Uzomachukwu and every other person that helped with my issue yesterday.

My PPR dropped this morning. I am in Lagos, planning to use Abuja VFS office, read here that it's a better choice compared to the Lagos office.
To Jah be the glory,
Congratulations Honorable on your PPR Success

You are welcome

Yes ABUJA VFS is a better Choice

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 7:14am On Dec 10, 2020
Fabtee1:

Your path is lit. Go forth. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 7:42am On Dec 10, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:

I'm also going to Halifax. I'm trying to book a flight using an agent. Now international student centre at Dalhousie University is making me to review my arrival plans.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 7:47am On Dec 10, 2020
omoluka:
Which of these is the easiest route to Canada 2020/2021 : Study, work or visit/tourist visa package?

It all depends on your intention, no one can advise you for or against. You will need to read a lot about each one and decide which one you will go for.

Besides, you are on Study Visa thread!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SwayB(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2020
Ijeanwuli:
I almost had a heart attack when I saw NSE requesting for IELTS. Prepared seriously for 3 days and this is my result. I wrote IELTS academic.

I prepared with the free resources on the British Council website and this website Ieltsliz

https://ieltsliz.com/

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/take-ielts/prepare/free-ielts-practice-tests?_ga=2.75314965.60317613.1607532218-567976671.1607191099&_ijcid=1607532235001|3.453910406.1607191101236.7a2d42af

You can do it too
Computer delivered is quick. I wrote my exam on Sunday
Nice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by unclepopo2(m): 7:59am On Dec 10, 2020
Good morning guys, please i need your help, i requested for GMCS note since 29th of September, got a mail that it was being processed, first week in November nothing still from ircc, so i sent a mail asking for update, i was told due to the corona virus, processing has been slow, till yesterday, still no response from them, so i decided to send a mail and i got a response yesterday saying a query has been sent to ircc asking for an update, please any idea why the delay? It's been over 2 months, is it always like this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 10, 2020
Fabtee1:

Wow! This is awesome; I'm so happy to hear this. Hearty congratulations, dear. I can only imagine the extent of the joy rumbling in your heart right now. Jah all worked it out for you. Glory to Him!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2020
Afa Rebecca,
By now you suppose dey near POE or don pass POE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 8:45am On Dec 10, 2020
Guys,

I’ve been having ghost updates (application/profile updated) since Sunday.

Sunday was the longest (3hrs)
Monday to date has been for approximately 18mins (every morning).

But when it eventually opens, there’s no change.

Anyone going through same?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:48am On Dec 10, 2020
MzMisty:

Hi Mademan, my home page status changed from “your action is required” to “submitted”

My profile status changed from “we need your fingerprints” to “we have not received your fingerprints”.

My Biometrics number hasn’t been updated.

Have your biometrics been updated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Papapa1234: 8:54am On Dec 10, 2020
Everyone that has gotten PPR..pls drop transcripts ooo,documents submitted etc..
Don’t starve us ooo..na beh we dey beg cheesy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.