Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Could GDPR Compliance Affects Website Traffic And SEO? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Could GDPR Compliance Affects Website Traffic And SEO? (507 Views)

How The Recent Google Core Updates Will Affect Websites And SEO / The 6 Types Of Website Traffic (and How To Get Them) / Webmaster: GDPR Compliance – Everything You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Could GDPR Compliance Affects Website Traffic And SEO? by chiboy441(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
As per what I know, on the SEO side of things, the biggest impact that GDPR regulations will have will be on website subscription and registration services, as you would have to comply with data protection policies and data consent, which become more prominent in recent time.

On the ranking side of things, the user experience will be impacted due to the data permissions and prompts that must be present to inform the users. Analytics is another area that will change, as users must be informed of how their data would be used in website analytics. I have make few research but, no clear indication that the GDPR will affect ranking factors. However, with Google rolling out numerous updates ( unlike during HTTPS which is mandatory now) over the past few months, changes may be in order..

In other hands, GDPR is a huge step towards data protection across the world. With information moving at a very fast pace, this comes in as very timely, and would really ensure that data is used properly and ethically.

Based on the above subject, please can someone give more details about the GDPR and SEO in general (if any) , probably I might be missing some information.

Just to get clear information, either to adopt it on websites we make or not to. As it might slow down sit speed. Thanks for your contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Help, My Website Dont Display On Fullscreen On Desktop Pc (pics) / No Story Simple Website Code Inspection & Repair Person Needed - N5, 000 Offer / 6.8k Instagram Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.