Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants (2007 Views)

Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study / Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science / 21 Universities That Offer Medical Laboratory Science In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2020
arinzos:

About Covid -19, i think MLSts carry out these Tests using PCR and other Methods that come as Test kits.
These Techniques will Detect the DNA/RNA of the virus after undergoing some Amplification. Also Serological Method could be Used(Not sure sha). But Molecular Method is Highly Specific and Sensitive to the Virus.

In Medical Laboratory Sciences Program,you will Go through all the Specialties and Sit for your First professional Exam.
Then Specialize in Final Yr in either one or Two Specialities and sit for your 2nd/Final Professional Exam.
During your Internship Program,you will Rotate in all the Specialties irrespective of where you Specialized.
The point is this, Specialization helps you to Narrow down your Research work in Final Year.
It won't Make you any Less than another person that Specializes in another aspect.
Because during Internship you will Pass through Every Aspect of Laboratory Medicine and Solidify all the aspect you Have Missed.
Specialization Doesn't Appear in your B.MLS.
You are a Medical Laboratory Scientist Simple!

Medical Students do some Aspect of Pathology and Move on to other things.
Pathology and MLS is almost the Same.
While MLS Look at the Diagnosis of Diseases and Technique/Method to Arrive at it. Doctors Look at ways to Apply and Manage these Diagnosis.

All for the benefit of the Patient.
Thanks a lot but do you guys do practicals on cadavers? Because i heard some schools do.
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by FlordFlorez(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2020
arinzos:

Of course there will be Need for Masters and PhD if you so Wish. But it will be purely Academic(For Lecturers/Academic Researchers).
while the professional Specialization can be done by Anyone(MLSts) Interested. It will be done at the Post Graduate college of Medical Laboratory Sciences which will still involve Academic work as well as sharpening your Professional Skill.

MLS. D intends to bring some other Aspect of Laboratory Medicine then you build on it when you Further.
Yea, you will be Addressed as Doctor. Its your Right.
Wow! Im so happy about this. I pray they approve it in the nearest future. I can't wait to join this profession. My profound gratitude goes to u, @arinzos and @unigrad. Million thanks to u guys.
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by arinzos(m): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
Zeeknow3245:
Thanks a lot but do you guys do practicals on cadavers? Because i heard some schools do.
Some schools Do. But we don't here in UNN.
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by arinzos(m): 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Wow! Im so happy about this. I pray they approve it in the nearest future. I can't wait to join this profession. My profound gratitude goes to u, @arinzos and @unigrad. Million thanks to u guys.
Anytime Bro.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by Unigrad: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2020
arinzos:
400L grin
You be chairman.
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by Unigrad: 9:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
FlordFlorez:
The Medical Laboratory Professionals are waiting for you.
Congratulations in advance.
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by FlordFlorez(m): 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Unigrad:
The Medical Laboratory Professionals are waiting for you. Congratulations in advance.
Thank u very much, bro.
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by arinzos(m): 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
Unigrad:

You be chairman.
grin
I Read, Ask questions from Professionals
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by Unigrad: 12:18am On Apr 28, 2020
arinzos:

grin
I Read, Ask questions from Professionals
Nice one.
Keep it up.
I see your passion in the profession.
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by z213: 3:49am On Apr 28, 2020
you can get the best answer http://zeebroad.com/get-all-educational-courses-solutions-here/, I tried it twice and it worked
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by Unigrad: 10:24am On Apr 28, 2020
z213:
you can get the best answer http://zeebroad.com/get-all-educational-courses-solutions-here/, I tried it twice and it worked
U wan sell your market here?
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by FBB100(m): 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
hi guys I am a fresher already admitted Sha into AAU MLS nice meeting you people waiting for resumption next year
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by Madas1986(m): 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
Pls where are MLS student from Nnamdi Azikiwe University Anambra state
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by Danieldeni4: 10:21am On Jul 23, 2023
Please what's is best department to specialize between Medical microbiology, chemical pathology, haematology and histopathology. Not regarding whether you like it or not

Unigrad:
For those who applied for the of Medical Laboratory Science in any Universities in Nigeria and those aspiring to apply should ask any questions about the department, I will provide you with the answers.
Re: Thread For Medical Laboratory Science Aspirants by Danieldeni4: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2023
Please what's is best department to specialize between Medical microbiology, chemical pathology, haematology and histopathology. Not regarding whether you like it or not

arinzos:

Of course there will be Need for Masters and PhD if you so Wish. But it will be purely Academic(For Lecturers/Academic Researchers).
while the professional Specialization can be done by Anyone(MLSts) Interested. It will be done at the Post Graduate college of Medical Laboratory Sciences which will still involve Academic work as well as sharpening your Professional Skill.

MLS. D intends to bring some other Aspect of Laboratory Medicine then you build on it when you Further.
Yea, you will be Addressed as Doctor. Its your Right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Physiology Project Topic Needed / Need Botanical Names Of Trees / Online Schooling In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.