Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. (618 Views)

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / Family section gist hub / The Return Of The NL FAMILY SECTION DEACTIVATORS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by boldx(m): 12:31am On Apr 27, 2020
We know how difficult times can be. Some of us have experienced it at one time or the other and I know it is not funny.

Due to this lockdown palava and scarcity of funds, it is necessary to know those that really need help so that anyone willing to help can reach out to them. People have had to create new monickers with 24/48 hours to ask for help which may or may not be right.

But to limit people scamming other people of their hard earned money, I am suggesting that anyone that has opened a new monicker (username) in the last one month, March 27, 2020 should not ask for any financial support. This is just to ensure that people get the needed help when they cry out.

Well that is my opinion. Feel free to add yours.

1 Like

Re: Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by MMotimo: 12:46am On Apr 27, 2020
boldx:
We know how difficult times can be. Some of us have experienced it at one time or the other and I know it is not funny.

Due to this lockdown palava and scarcity of funds, it is necessary to know those that really need help so that anyone willing to help can reach out to them. People have had to create new monickers with 24/48 hours to ask for help which may or may not be right.

But to limit people scamming other people of their hard earned money, I am suggesting that anyone that has opened a new monicker (username) in the last one month, March 27, 2020 should not ask for any financial support. This is just to ensure that people get the needed help when they cry out.

Well that is my opinion. Feel free to add yours.

Whatever you say! Your giveaway, your rules
Please go ahead and give. Thank you for your generosity towards your fellow Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 27, 2020
I have stumbled on different giveaway threads and threads created by people seeking help. What I've often seen is;

1. Insincerity & Greed. Some helpers come back to expose someone they helped, as an insincere or greedy person who sold them a sub story to get money. This is scammers taking advantage of well meaning people.

Some people receive help on one thread, but continue to move from thread to thread seeking more like Oliver Twist. I read that someone made 31k, in one week of doing this here.

When help seekers are asked verifying questions to ascertain their authenticity, you start to see drama as if we are tuned into African Magic.

2. Attitude. I see very rude and poorly behaved folks, with a sense of entitlement. Who act like they have a right to someone's money and should be chosen, because they dropped their account details first, before someone else did. Even when the good samaritan has clearly stated his or her guidelines for providing help.

Number 2, in particular, always has me reacting like this shocked and then undecided I'm like na wao, you are asking for help and in the same breath, you are whining about being ignored, whining about not being picked, then also going a step further to question the samaritan as to why he or she, didn't pick you or hasn't answered you yet.

3. Lack of decorum. People don't bother to read the guidelines stated by good samaritans who desire to help, they just jump right into a thread and start posting account details. Whereas, if they bothered to read guidelines or read through the thread a bit, they would realize there's no need to drop account info. Because they either don't qualify or a quota has already been met, and a samaritan has no more to share.

Pocohantas giveaway thread is a great example of my point here. She decided to help 10 men & 10 women. Long after she met her quota and updated her thread with that info, numerous requests were still pouring in. I said shuu, don't people read anymore?

Another aspect of this (the lack of decorum) is how people go to a thread that's unrelated to a giveaway and start quoting others, to drop their account details for help. Because they saw the person they quoted, assist someone on another thread or that person just mentioned how they helped someone, only to find out they were scammed.

4. The God factor. It's exhausting how people are quick to bring God into their plea for help. Why do we think that if we mention God in our dealings with others, it will automatically get us what we want?

I once had a neighbour who needed help with charging his phone via my generator. He knocked on my door and when I answered he goes I am Pastor XYZ.......yada, yada, yada.

I was really ticked off, because I didn't need to know he was a clergy man. All he needed to do, was ask if I could help charge his phone. BUT NO, he thought, by putting out his pastor title, I would be more inclined to help him or even compelled to help him, because some clergy men have huge entitlement issues and they act like the rest of us "untitled believers" owe them something.

I see people do the same thing my neighbour did, a lot here, except they use God's name instead of a religious title. Leave God out of the matter, make your request and move on, if someone will help you, they will help you.

My opinion: people with a genuine need should avoid doing any of these 4 things. Number 1 & 2, are so off putting, it makes me wary of being an online samaritan.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by AdaNnabugo(f): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2020
Class99:
I have stumbled on different giveaway threads and threads created by people seeking help. What I've often seen is;

1. Insincerity. Some helpers come back to expose someone they helped, as an insincere or greedy person who sold them a sub story to get money. Which to me is scammers taking advantage of well meaning people.

When help seekers are asked verifying questions to ascertain their authenticity, you start to see drama as if we are tuned into African Magic.

2. Attitude. I see very rude and poorly behaved folks, with a sense of entitlement. Who act like they have a right to someone's money and should be chosen, because they dropped their account details first, before someone else did. Even when the good samaritan has clearly stated his or her guidelines for providing help.

Number 2, in particular, always has me reacting like this shocked and then undecided I'm like na wao, you are asking for help and in the same breath, you are whining about being ignored, whining about not being picked, then also going a step further to question the samaritan as to why he or she, didn't pick you or hasn't answered you yet.

3. Lack of decorum. People don't bother to read the guidelines stated by good samaritans who desire to help, they just jump right into a thread and start posting account details. Whereas, if they bothered to read guidelines or read through the thread a bit, they would realize there's no need to drop account info. Because they either don't qualify or a quota has already been met, and a samaritan has no more to share.

Pocohantas giveaway thread is a great example of my point here. She decided to help 10 men & 10 women. Long after she met her quota and updated her thread with that info, numerous requests were still pouring in. I said shuu, don't people read anymore?

Another aspect of this (the lack of decorum) is how people go to a thread that's unrelated to a giveaway and start quoting others, to drop their account details for help. Because they saw the person they quoted, assist someone on another thread or that person just mentioned how they helped someone, only to find out they were scammed.

4. The God factor. It's exhausting how people are quick to bring God into their plea for help. Why do we think that if we mention God in our dealings with others, it will automatically get us what we want?

I once had a neighbour who needed help with charging his phone via my generator. He knocked on my door and when I answered he goes I am Pastor XYZ.......yada, yada, yada.

I was really ticked off, because I didn't need to know if he was a clergy man. All he needed to do, was ask if I could help charge his phone. BUT NO, he thought, by putting out his pastor title, I would be more inclined to help him or even compelled to help him, because some clergy men have huge entitlement issues and they act like the rest of us "untitled believers" owe them something.

My opinion: people with a genuine need should avoid doing any of these 4 things. Number 1 & 2, are so off putting, it's made me wary of being an online samaritan.
You made very good and valid points. nice one.

2 Likes

Re: Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by jabolo(m): 12:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
Class99:

1. Insincerity & Greed. Some helpers come back to expose someone they helped, as an insincere or greedy person who sold them a sub story to get money. This is scammers taking advantage of well meaning people.

This is the biggest problem.
Like the thief exposed on this thread ... https://www.nairaland.com/5803168/nairalander-pls-disturb-member

Madam AdaNnabugo, kindly drop me a PM. Thanks.
Re: Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by MrToothBrush: 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
jabolo:

, kindly drop me a PM. Thanks.
Please sir. Can I pm you. I need help too sir. Please
Re: Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
jabolo:

Like the thief exposed on this thread ... https://www.nairaland.com/5803168/nairalander-pls-disturb-member

I followed the link to that thread.

I laughed out loud, when I saw OP's comment on page 1. Where he said ''Am sincere with what am saying, God is my witness"

The God factor again!!! Only to end up busted as a scammer.

Our creator has sha suffered, lol. @ AdaNnabugo, thanks.
Re: Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by ayobarmy(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Please ooooooooo, Anyone that wants to give out Foodstuffs should please remember my house, we have run out of food and Salary does not look like what's coming this month.... Plsssssssss
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by MrToothBrush: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2020
.cc jabolo

1 Like

Re: Rules For Asking For Help On Family Section. by AdaNnabugo(f): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2020
jabolo:

Good afternoon sir, I have sent you the PM sir. Thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

Some Families Eat The Placenta Of The New Born Baby / If U Stay Around Ejigbo, Ijegun,jakonde. Cum In / Print Wedding Ivs, Billboards, Banners, Business Cards Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.