Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Is The Army Coming Back? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Army Coming Back? (1549 Views)

The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army..photos / Some Weapons Re-Captured From Boko Haram By The Army (Photo) / Crowd Welcome The Army & CJTF After Victory Against Boko Haram [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Army Coming Back? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2011
Nigeria is in chaos, about to bust in flames. something should be done as fast as possible to stop the Military taking over! Now!
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by koruji(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2011
We have already passed the point where the military can hold back the innudation simply because they take over. If anything their taking over will quicken the death of Nigeria.

[size=14pt]Whether military or civilian, what we are stuck with are selfish and/or ignorant leaders whose vision extend only as far as the size of their egos and depth of their pockets, when what we really need are leaders with a burning desire, will and ability to create an African superpower.[/size]

Let the military stay out of this, and let this country disintegrate if it must - perhaps then one of the emerging units can go on its way to fulfill the top role that Nigeria could have played in the world.

babaearly:

Nigeria is in chaos, about to bust in flames. something should be done as fast as possible to stop the Military taking over! Now!
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2011
You've said nothing Koruji. I'm just as confused as you are.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Missy85(f): 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2011
It would be too sensitive now for the boys in uniform to take over, particularly as any  coup will likely have a predominant northern leadership. SS folks will feel slighted & the breach of trust will take decades to repair.

Whats more likely to happen is a coup 9 - 12 mths into the  next administration, once the new civilian govt has failed to tame the deteriorating security, a deterioration that the military prob has a hand in!

One wld be a fool to discount even the more extreme eventualities given the way we are heading.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2011
I would never pray for Dictatorship, but will an effective Military Government stop these bombings, religious clashes and terrorism?
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by koruji(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2011
[size=14pt]No it will not.[/size]

That is the short-cut we have taken over the last 50 years, and always returning us to this place but in a more damaged state. We need to follow this democracry to the end.

Besides, are we going to import the "effective Military Government" from heaven? If not, it is all a ruse, a sham, a non-starter.

babaearly:

I would never pray for Dictatorship, but will an effective Military Government stop these bombings, religious clashes and terrorism?
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Akhenaten: 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2011
The U.S. and the rest of the West will not allow it to happen, because GEJ is their guy. And they will not allow anything to stop his presidency from happening, because it goes against their interest.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akhenaten:

The U.S. and the rest of the West will not allow it to happen, because GEJ is their guy. And they will not allow anything to stop his presidency from happening, because it goes against their interest.

really? the recent bombings is in the best interest of the U.S?
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Becomrichn: 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2011
ff

Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Missy85(f): 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2011
it's going too far to say the US will not allow it.

What will they do? Bomb Aso rock to dislodge the coupist??

Yes, they can make life difficult for the military administration, but you think they will aggravate their own precarious economy by blockading nigerian oil & sending the price of crude oil through the roof? Erm, no.

The US will make noises in the open about wanting a 'swift return to democratic rule' etc, but behind the scene t the new boys will assure them they only need 6mths to calm the security situation & hold elections. 6mths will prob turn to 12, during which they will steal a few billion dollars & hold a sham election installing people who wont probe them.

We've been here before,,, am surprised you think it can nver happen again. And why do you think nigerian democracy is a greater imperative to the US that their ability to secure our sweet, easily refined crude?
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Becomrichn: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by jason123: 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2011
Becomrichn:

when bakassi was given to cameroon what happen? NOTHING. nothing would happen when they give edo,delta, bayelsa and yorubas into benin republic. NOTHING go happen.

Its likely you are from benin republic. Leave yorubas in nigeria ALONE! YOUR WAHALA TOO MUCH JARE!! Must we join benin republic? Why can benin republic join us?

Answer my question, then I would start taking you seriously undecided
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Becomrichn: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123 you are an igbo man. So dont talk about yoruba people.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 08, 2011
What has the long years of military incursion brought us ? Any difference ?
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by blacksta(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akhenaten:

You think  - Just like they did not allow Abacha.  

The only weapon the west can throw is isolation and nobody is ready to commit any troops to fight any African battles for your information Ghana is already backing out any plans to send troops to Ivory coast and has claimed they are ready to work with any leader from Ivory coast.  The masses will still be only ones to suffer any isolation as the military will continue to enrich themselves.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by jason123: 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
Becomrichn:

jason123  you are an igbo man. So dont talk about yoruba people.

^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin. ROMFL!!!! grin.

Bros, answer the question jor!!! WHY CAN'T THE YORUBAS IN BENIN JOIN US? WHY MUST WE JOIN THEM
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Missy85(f): 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
Lol Jason

Finally, frustrated with Becomerich eh?
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by jason123: 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
Missy85:

Lol Jason

Finally, frustrated with Becomerich eh?

Abi ooo! He should answer the question and stop spamming the website!!! angry grin
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2011
@Missy

I hope things get better, but the democracy we have now, how different is it from the military era? where is the FORCE in this government? why is it Lazy?
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by koruji(m): 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2011
A bad democracy is never an excuse for dictatorship. If a people cannot thrive under a democracry, they will never thrive under a dictatorship - that is why a dictatorship eventually breaks down into a democracry. Nigeria has had its share of military rule - more than its share actually- so this is not a case of "let's try" it.

When a government is lazy, then the people need to wake up and kick it out at the ballot box, not reach out for rulers that they have opportunities to control.

[size=14pt]The military has always left us worse than they found us.[/size]

babaearly:

@Missy

I hope things get better, but the democracy we have now, how different is it from the military era? where is the FORCE in this government? why is it Lazy?
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
@Koruji

well said, but with current system of things, dont you think the nation is moving towards dictatorship? look outside the box.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by koruji(m): 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2011
@babaearly
Correct, but we retain the right to challenge them. The nature of that challenge would be determined. Whether criminal or not the rebellion in the Niger-Delta is a course that would not be reversed without fundamental changes in the structure of Nigeria. Force has proven futile - it is the same army that will go into the creeks under military rule or democracy.

Only under a democracy will we ever achieve the fundamental restructuring that we need - infact the unitary nature of military organization, imposed on Nigeria, is a major reason why we are here today. [size=14pt]We only need one visionary leader.[/size]

babaearly:

@Koruji

well said, but with current system of things, dont you think the nation is moving towards dictatorship? look outside the box.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Missy85(f): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2011
Baba, I dont support a military takeover, as I dont believe we will be any better.

My point is that a military coup in the next 12 - 18 is a possibility.

You're frustrated with the current situation, and so am I and many others. But, you really think military will be better?

If you look at the US  and the UK, it took them a while to get their democracy right, though the Nigerian experience is beginning to leave many, who were willing to be patient, to question whether it will ever get better.

I really dont know the answer to our troubles.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Becomrichn: 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2011
what nonsense are you talking about, the politician as failed, and the only option open to nigeria is the military. That would teach politician some lesson , not to play with people.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Becomrichn: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2011
ff
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Wumine(f): 9:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
wonder why this sends a chill down my spine
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Becomrichn: 4:38am On Jan 09, 2011
Wumine
Jonathan is scared , I can do it. noting would happen. I have family in nigeria. and to be honest with you, it is hard for this country to continue without break up. I know the north, and i see danger, serious danger.  like i said I see trouble. I cant risk my family for anyone who is desperate for politician, it is not worth it for me. mo ni kini ti won fi se iwe fu idibo, sugbon, mo trust system. army would likely take over very soon. there is no way they can conduct a free and fair election.

No way. look with my engineering bias, i find it hard seen how they can do it. Even just Yorubaland alone, with are talking of thousand of villages and towns. the whole nigeria as alot.  one state has 800. that i counted, that one state.  it is impossible
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by johndoe200: 5:20am On Jan 09, 2011
koruji:

@babaearly
Correct, but we retain the right to challenge them. The nature of that challenge would be determined. Whether criminal or not the rebellion in the Niger-Delta is a course that would not be reversed without fundamental changes in the structure of Nigeria. Force has proven futile - it is the same army that will go into the creeks under military rule or democracy.

Only under a democracy will we ever achieve the fundamental restructuring that we need - infact the unitary nature of military organization, imposed on Nigeria, is a major reason why we are here today. [size=14pt]We only need one visionary leader.[/size]

We already have a visionary leader in GEJ. WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE?

By the end of GEJ's second term you will see the difference in the country.
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Becomrichn: 5:22am On Jan 09, 2011
ff
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by johndoe200: 5:28am On Jan 09, 2011
Becomrichn:

after he cut edo,delta,bayelsa and yorubas into benin republic, that when i know he has vision. that is what i call vision. run before bomb hit you.

Nothing like benin republic go happen. What we will have is a better Nigeria. I be original Niger delta man , all that bomb stuff na we start am , why I go fear?
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Becomrichn: 5:42am On Jan 09, 2011
fff
Re: Is The Army Coming Back? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2011
Read this article guys. if this government is getting weak, operation end game commences.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/nigeria-egypt-living-next-door-to-terrorists/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inec Ends Alao-akala, Olurin, Obasanjo-bello’s Ambitions ! / Can Okorocha Succeed Ojukwu? / How Baby Would Be Born In The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.