Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Why The Government Cannot Give Palliatives To Every Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Government Cannot Give Palliatives To Every Nigerian (254 Views)

Zulum Distributes Palliatives To 5000 Widows, Aged & Vulnerables In Borno (Pics) / Tolu Ibitola Gives Palliatives To Residents Of Usi-Ekiti / A Mastermind Giver, Elema Of Warri Kingdom Give Palliatives To Delta North. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Government Cannot Give Palliatives To Every Nigerian by Viktom(m): 11:11am On Apr 27, 2020
Why the Government cannot give Palliatives to Every Nigerian

I will try to be as brief as possible; I know Nigerians are hungry and so would be easily bored by long epistles. Also note that I do not support the Buhari government, I just want to let us know why it will be difficult for the government to give palliatives to it citizens like every other country that is doing so, irrespective of who is at the helm of affairs, whether Buhari or even you.
The hope of the citizens in the government should not be disappointed in a time like this. Just like citizens of America and other countries that has given robust palliatives to its citizens, Nigerian are also looking up to their government for as little as possible but just like always our government never disappoint on failing it citizens. But the blame does not totally lay on the government but also on us the citizens. For instance when the citizens of those countries where paying tax, here in Nigeria and Africa at large we were paying tithes and evaded the payment of tax. Why their citizens where voting in credible leaders we were praying for good leaders as if INEC will count prayer points and why they were building industries we were building churches. So instead of asking our government for palliatives I think we should take our plates to our churches and ask for food.
I am not against the payment of tithe, but if you pay tithes, you should also pay your tax. Just like the Bible said, give to God what belongs to him and to Caeser what belongs to him; tithe is of God and tax belongs to your government. Now our churches are super rich and our government is super poor.
The only way we can escape hunger in this period is if individual and our churches step up and help the masse, instead of giving money to the government, they should give it to the masses. How can a church that has not given palliatives to its members make donations to the government? Charity should start from the church before it gets to the government. As citizens we must come together and tackle hunger among ourselves and leave the government to tackle the virus. If we don’t when all these are over we will all discover that hunger had killed more than the virus itself. I want to employ corporate organizations to please make their donations to Nigerians who are hungry and not to our government that is made up of petty thieves. Just like Dangote and Elumelu and every other persons that has made donations to the government one thing I can assure you is that your donations will be looted so instead of giving it to the government please give it to Nigerians.
No matter how little it is please give to the people around you, even if it is a cup of rice. In a time like this, nothing can be too big and nothing can be too little.
For those who have enough to spare look for people around you that don’t have and if the people around you all have you can please contact me to help you distribute, as I am heading an initiative that is committed to disbursing relief materials to people affected by the virus.

Written by Victor Utomi
He is a writer, an entrepreneur, a business consultant and a speaker
For comments, you can reach him via victom.dmay@gmail.com or 08133933149
Re: Why The Government Cannot Give Palliatives To Every Nigerian by donbachi(m): 11:19am On Apr 27, 2020
But want the vote of every nigerian.
Re: Why The Government Cannot Give Palliatives To Every Nigerian by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 27, 2020
They can empty the treasury with bribes if they want our votes.
Re: Why The Government Cannot Give Palliatives To Every Nigerian by Lisaint(m): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2020
Then let government start taxing the various religions as per their population

We can't continue this way
If Nigeria system did not change after this Covid-19
Then nothing can change us in this country again
Re: Why The Government Cannot Give Palliatives To Every Nigerian by Gordieshegz(m): 11:32am On Apr 27, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Why The Government Cannot Give Palliatives To Every Nigerian by sevenhundred(m): 11:42am On Apr 27, 2020
Viktom:
Why the Government cannot give Palliatives to Every Nigerian

I will try to be as brief as possible; I know Nigerians are hungry and so would be easily bored by long epistles. Also note that I do not support the Buhari government, I just want to let us know why it will be difficult for the government to give palliatives to it citizens like every other country that is doing so, irrespective of who is at the helm of affairs, whether Buhari or even you.
The hope of the citizens in the government should not be disappointed in a time like this. Just like citizens of America and other countries that has given robust palliatives to its citizens, Nigerian are also looking up to their government for as little as possible but just like always our government never disappoint on failing it citizens. But the blame does not totally lay on the government but also on us the citizens. For instance when the citizens of those countries where paying tax, here in Nigeria and Africa at large we were paying tithes and evaded the payment of tax. Why their citizens where voting in credible leaders we were praying for good leaders as if INEC will count prayer points and why they were building industries we were building churches. So instead of asking our government for palliatives I think we should take our plates to our churches and ask for food.
I am not against the payment of tithe, but if you pay tithes, you should also pay your tax. Just like the Bible said, give to God what belongs to him and to Caeser what belongs to him; tithe is of God and tax belongs to your government. Now our churches are super rich and our government is super poor.
The only way we can escape hunger in this period is if individual and our churches step up and help the masse, instead of giving money to the government, they should give it to the masses. How can a church that has not given palliatives to its members make donations to the government? Charity should start from the church before it gets to the government. As citizens we must come together and tackle hunger among ourselves and leave the government to tackle the virus. If we don’t when all these are over we will all discover that hunger had killed more than the virus itself. I want to employ corporate organizations to please make their donations to Nigerians who are hungry and not to our government that is made up of petty thieves. Just like Dangote and Elumelu and every other persons that has made donations to the government one thing I can assure you is that your donations will be looted so instead of giving it to the government please give it to Nigerians.
No matter how little it is please give to the people around you, even if it is a cup of rice. In a time like this, nothing can be too big and nothing can be too little.
For those who have enough to spare look for people around you that don’t have and if the people around you all have you can please contact me to help you distribute, as I am heading an initiative that is committed to disbursing relief materials to people affected by the virus.

Written by Victor Utomi
He is a writer, an entrepreneur, a business consultant and a speaker
For comments, you can reach him via victom.dmay@gmail.com or 08133933149
what's meaning of all this story?
Re: Why The Government Cannot Give Palliatives To Every Nigerian by edoairways: 11:57am On Apr 27, 2020
But the blame does not totally lay on the government but also on us the citizens. For instance when the citizens of those countries where paying tax, here in Nigeria and Africa at large we were paying tithes and evaded the payment of tax.
The blame goes to the government Viktom.
1. Have you ask whether we have adequate database to capture taxpayers, who captures such persons if not the government?
2. You said Nigerians were paying tithes, are all Nigerians Christians?
3. Has your government fully utilize the available tax revenue?
At times I wonder why these writers aren't holistic in their write up. They tend to look at it from one angle by giving a generalized view especially point two I highlighted.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FULL SPEECH: Buhari Slams Total Lockdown On Kano, Thanks Nigerians / Covid-19: Fayemi Slashes Own, Deputy, Political Appointees’ Salaries By 50% / COVID19:. Bauchi Governor Authorizes The Use Of Chloroquine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.