Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,826 members, 7,828,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

APGA National Chairman Mourns Anumudu, Weeps For Orji Uzor Kalu@60 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA National Chairman Mourns Anumudu, Weeps For Orji Uzor Kalu@60 (436 Views)

Peter Obi Paid Condolence Visit To Mr Humphrey Anumudu / Humphrey Anumudu, Imo Labour Party Governorship Aspirant, Found Dead / BREAKING!! Arthur Eze, Anumudu, Ekeoma, 200 Billionaires ‘shutdown’ Lagos(Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1)

APGA National Chairman Mourns Anumudu, Weeps For Orji Uzor Kalu@60 by TonyRazor(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2020
Tony Razor

APGA National Chairman mourns Anumudu, weeps for Orji Uzor Kalu@60

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance ,Dr Victor Our, has described the death of businesman Willie Anumudu as a rude shock.

Oye who recalled their hayday in Lagos when he said all of them, including a former governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kanu enjoyed together lamented that today Kalu is in custody.

" I knew him( Anumudu) well as far back as the late 80's when Orji Kalu, Shawcross Obioha (of Shawcross Motors V/I Lagos) and myself used to "roll" together.

"We always had a good time in company with Nkiru (Willie Anumudu's wife) in their palatial residence at Ikoyi. It was always fun to be in their midst.

"Some times we converged on his commodious office in Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos to discuss politics and the way forward for our 'people'.

Oye added,"When we formed the Igbo United Congress of which I was the secretary in 1995/96 to promote Orji Kalu's governorship project, he was prominently a keen and generous supporter.

"Other members of the group included Ikedi Ohakim (later became governor of Imo State), and Kingsley Ononuju (now Commissioner in Imo State).

He described the late Anumudu as a quiet, articulate, humble, creative and kind to a fault despite being a graduate of a first generation university in the country.

"His philanthropic activities were usually carried out unnoticed, quietly and altruistically.The beneficiaries cut across tribes, religions and political affiliations.

"His tentacles in business stretched to as far as Japan, the United States, Canada, and Germany - where he trudged along like a colossus in the auto world.

The APGA boss said the news of Anumudu's sudden transmutation into celestial glory hit him like a thunderbolt from the blues, adding "my mind raced to his brother-in-law, Obi Adimora who is my buddy."

Re: APGA National Chairman Mourns Anumudu, Weeps For Orji Uzor Kalu@60 by amaham(m): 11:38am On Apr 27, 2020
So you guys pushed orji Kalu on abia state which heralded the downward spiral of God's own state. May God forgive all of una
Re: APGA National Chairman Mourns Anumudu, Weeps For Orji Uzor Kalu@60 by Mynd44: 11:48am On Apr 27, 2020

(1)

Today Marks A Decade Umaru Musa Yar’adua Died. Rest On Baba! / Seven Likely Candidates To Replace Abba Kyari As COS / JEEZ!!! River State Governor Wike Is Not Smiling: Watch As He Demolish, Impound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.