Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

BREAKING: NANS Media Director, OTICS, Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: NANS Media Director, OTICS, Resigns (699 Views)

Tinubu Media Director, Onanuga, Mistakenly Shares Post Campaigning For Obi / Tinubu Did Not Disrespect Buhari - Bayo Onanuga (Media Director) / Anambra Election: Maduka Fully In The Race, Ignore Distractions - Media Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: NANS Media Director, OTICS, Resigns by Brika: 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2020
The Director, Media and Communication Office of the Treasurer, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Zone B, Oghenetejiri Ovwigho-Ugbede, has tendered his resignation.

Global Times reports that Ovwigho-Ugbede, also known as OTICS, was appointed on 7th February, 2020. He exited office on Friday 25th April 2020, the date on his resignation letter.

Ovwigho-Ugbede explained that his decision to exit office is born out of personal desire to stay true to personal principles and convictions especially with a view to maintaining both a good name and a clean record both now and in times to come.

“With great appreciation for my appointment as Director of Media and Communication received in the letter dated 7th February, 2020 which also appointed 12 other individuals, and having acted in that capacity since the emergence of the AMB. Etinyene F. Offongekpe led Zone B executives in 2019, I write to notify you of my wish to resign my appointment forthwith.

“My decision to resign this office is born out of my personal desire to stay true to personal principles and convictions especially with a view to maintaining both a good name and a clean record both now and in times to come.

“Many thanks for the privilege to serve Nigerian students through your office,” he wrote.

The NANS Treasurer could not be reached for comments.

Ovwigho-Ugbede served as a media aide to the former Assistant Secretary-General of NANS, Joseph Eleonoteh, who was elected from the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.

He was again picked by Payeke of the University of Benin, the Zone ‘B’ Treasurer to serve in that same capacity. He is said to be the first person to join the UNIBEN NANS before appointments became official.

Rumours have it that OTICS and Payeke have had several differences in opinion especially in the wake of a factional zone ‘B’ structure. Global Times could not immediately confirm this.

The resignation may affect the Treasurer’s office as the Director of Communications has been described as a cerebral part of the administration.

Global Times reports that OTICS is a former speaker of the School of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Benin (UNIBEN).

https://globaltimesng.com/breaking-nans-media-director-otics-resigns/

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: BREAKING: NANS Media Director, OTICS, Resigns by REDshouse(m): 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
Zombie or Zone B... just need clarification
Re: BREAKING: NANS Media Director, OTICS, Resigns by JasonJidenna(m): 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
Nice one my brother Oghenetejiri OTIK, you did the right thing and your integrity is still intact.

Unlike the current president of NANS who's blinded by Greek gifts and soaked deep into corruption.

God will lift you up.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NANS Media Director, OTICS, Resigns by PureGoldh(m): 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2020
Gentleman tinx
Re: BREAKING: NANS Media Director, OTICS, Resigns by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
Alright

(1) (Reply)

Bia-africa | We Remember / Soldiers Attacked My Convoy, NOT Boko Haram, Says Borno Governor / Why is President Buhari silent on Kano death sentence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.