Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,384 members, 7,812,130 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Help A Bro. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help A Bro. (1350 Views)

Help A First Time Dog Owner / Boerboel Or Rott Help A Brother Choose / Gsd Bro From Ib, Please Get In Touch With Me Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Bro. by Spanishmilf(m): 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2020
Yo guys I need your help, I just got a Gsd pup and am extremely scared of parvo. Most of my friends wey get dogs don lost all heir dogs to parvo. I do post dog R.I.P on my status almost everyday
I bought one pup for now to know wetin go sup, I'm not walk-in my dogs anywhere no more morning jugs.
I'm scared make my dogs no die. I need your help on how to fight against parvo. Thanks
Pardon my errors I dey vex type this
I dey enter market tomorrow make I totori my dogs with food grin grin grin
Re: Help A Bro. by Geepee77(m): 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2020
Make sure you wash the place you will put the dog with enough hypo or any strong bleach and wait for at least 3 days before you can put your dog there, and make sure he receives his/her complete vaccine at the appropriate time and if you noticed anything at all, just call your vet. You dog should be immune at 12 to 14 weeks after the complete shot.

I hope this helps and make sure no strolling with the dog till after 20 weeks. There's high rate of Parvovirus everywhere.
Re: Help A Bro. by Spanishmilf(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Geepee77:
Make sure you wash the place you will put the dog with enough hypo or any strong bleach and wait for at least 3 days before you can put your dog there, and make sure he receives his/her complete vaccine at the appropriate time and if you noticed anything at all, just call your vet. You dog should be immune at 12 to 14 weeks after the complete shot.

I hope this helps and make sure no strolling with the dog till after 20 weeks. There's high rate of Parvovirus everywhere.
True
Because most of my friend dogs, lost their dogs to parvo or recovering from parvo.
Na why I chill buy one pup if things work out fine I will buy another. Thanks
Re: Help A Bro. by alphamodel1(m): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
Avoid onions in its meal, they reduce dog immunity drastically. Maintain a good hygiene and pray for your dog as u pray for yourself daily.

1 Like

Re: Help A Bro. by Timantech(m): 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Bro chat me up
Re: Help A Bro. by Spanishmilf(m): 6:47am On May 12, 2020
Geepee77:

I lost her

The new gsd I got
Re: Help A Bro. by Geepee77(m): 9:41am On May 12, 2020
Spanishmilf:
I lost her

The new gsd I got

Shit Meehn, is it Parvo? How old is the dog?
Re: Help A Bro. by Spanishmilf(m): 10:44am On May 12, 2020
Geepee77:

Shit Meehn, is it Parvo? How old is the dog?
watery pool, vomit
7weeks
Re: Help A Bro. by Eveezy(m): 11:12am On May 12, 2020
Spanishmilf:
watery pool, vomit
7weeks
Sorry about that, sometimes it might not be parvo. I used to loose dogs in the past and most vet always told me parvo, but it was actually tick, I had serious tick infestation, I tried managing it with the dogs in the compound, but it never ended. Each time a dog dies, the vet will diagnose that it was parvo. There are so many other things that could make a dog sick.
Ever since I tackled ticks squarely, the only treatments my dogs receive is deworming, vacination Nd multivitamins

1 Like

Re: Help A Bro. by Spanishmilf(m): 1:52pm On May 12, 2020
Eveezy:

Sorry about that, sometimes it might not be parvo. I used to loose dogs in the past and most vet always told me parvo, but it was actually tick, I had serious tick infestation, I tried managing it with the dogs in the compound, but it never ended. Each time a dog dies, the vet will diagnose that it was parvo. There are so many other things that could make a dog sick.
Ever since I tackled ticks squarely, the only treatments my dogs receive is deworming, vacination Nd multivitamins
the most annoying news is that I called my 4vet none of them pick
Re: Help A Bro. by Eveezy(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2020
Spanishmilf:
the most annoying news is that I called my 4vet none of them pick
Those are not vets, if you are truly a client to a real vet, they will always return calls
Re: Help A Bro. by Godfirst01(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2020
Eveezy:

Those are not vets, if you are truly a client to a real vet, they will always return calls

Those guy are dog killers and not vet. A vet will always follow up with you no matter the schedule. It's high time we stop referring to them as a vet cos they truly aren't professionally certified. Settings up a business for dog accessories,feeds and medications doesn't qualify one has a vet.
Re: Help A Bro. by Geepee77(m): 5:54pm On May 12, 2020
Spanishmilf:
watery pool, vomit
7weeks

That's Parvo naw... I'm very sorry for your lost.
Re: Help A Bro. by Spanishmilf(m): 8:21pm On May 12, 2020
Eveezy:

cry lol
Even if am not at least when u see multiple missed calls on your device u return it.
One vet told me to deworm the dying dog
Chai
Re: Help A Bro. by Spanishmilf(m): 8:22pm On May 12, 2020
Godfirst01:

Those guy are dog killers and not vet. A vet will always follow up with you no matter the schedule. It's high time we stop referring to them as a vet cos they truly aren't professionally certified. Settings up a business for dog accessories,feeds and medications doesn't qualify one has a vet.
I asked another breeder in ibadan to give me his vet number, man that vet is just annoying. Typing me in broking English.
Re: Help A Bro. by Geepee77(m): 8:34pm On May 13, 2020
Eveezy:

Tick death is visible... Before tick will kill your dog you will see signs of plenty tick on your dog. Parvo kills without noticing, before you know it, your dog Start refusing to eat, start vomiting and diarrhea and death.
Re: Help A Bro. by Geepee77(m): 8:38pm On May 13, 2020
Godfirst01:

Exactly bro, most of them are just selling dog food and accessories and probably dey learn how to inject dogs and they start calling themselves VET. Them full my area, in fact qualified vet in Nigeria no reach 100, So annoying.

1 Like

Re: Help A Bro. by Godfirst01(m): 10:33pm On May 13, 2020
Geepee77:

Exactly bro, most of them are just selling dog food and accessories and probably dey learn how to inject dogs and they start calling themselves VET. Them full my area, in fact qualified vet in Nigeria no reach 100, So annoying.

It's very annoying the way and manners those guys conduct themselves. The Veterinary Council of Nigeria (VCN), a body charged with the responsibility of coordinating and overseeing the practice of the Veterinary profession in Nigeria should wake up to it's responsibilities of monitoring Veterinary Practice in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Help A Bro. by Eveezy(m): 4:14am On May 14, 2020
IU
Geepee77:

Tick death is visible... Before tick will kill your dog you will see signs of plenty tick on your dog. Parvo kills without noticing, before you know it, your dog Start refusing to eat, start vomiting and diarrhea and death.

My point is there re lotta things that can kill a dog
Re: Help A Bro. by Geepee77(m): 9:19am On May 14, 2020
Godfirst01:

It's very annoying the way and manners those guys conduct themselves. The Veterinary Council of Nigeria (VCN), a body charged with the responsibility of coordinating and overseeing the practice of the Veterinary profession in Nigeria should wake up to it's responsibilities of monitoring Veterinary Practice in Nigeria.

Bros na English you still dey speak, you are talking as if you dont know this country any more, even if they conduct it most people will still bribe them. Lol grin
Re: Help A Bro. by Godfirst01(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2020
Geepee77:

Bros na English you still dey speak, you are talking as if you dont know this country any more, even if they conduct it most people will still bribe them. Lol grin

Its so sad we dont do things right in this part of the world. a non qualified personnel shouldnt assume or claim to be a vet just because you own a shop selling dog accessories, foods and can administer injection. We encourage those guys by patronising them cos of the cheap price and expect a quality service which isnt possible.
Re: Help A Bro. by space9880: 11:41am On May 14, 2020
Eveezy:

how did you manage to keep ticks at bay? my dog was heavily infested I tried many stuffs but it did not go away completely.
Re: Help A Bro. by Eveezy(m): 12:14pm On May 14, 2020
space9880:
how did you manage to keep ticks at bay? my dog was heavily infested I tried many stuffs but it did not go away completely.
I took all dogs out of the compound, stopped completely, and started fumigation with sniper big bottle including inside my house, fumigated every week for 2 months. First week was the cage, compound, my building, the roof, and by the third week, I started reducing the places I fumigate. After about two extra months I observed and saw that they had drastically reduced, so I brought a dog in.
My case was really severe because I couldn’t even lie down on the floor of my house without ticks walking up to me.

When dealing with ticks, it is very important to tackle as they come Nd not waiting till they pose a big threat

1 Like

Re: Help A Bro. by Geepee77(m): 8:28pm On May 14, 2020
Godfirst01:

Its so sad we dont do things right in this part of the world. a non qualified personnel shouldnt assume or claim to be a vet just because you own a shop selling dog accessories, foods and can administer injection. We encourage those guys by patronising them cos of the cheap price and expect a quality service which isnt possible.

Do we have a choice... The truth is a beggar has no choice, as human we always make use of the available.
Re: Help A Bro. by Godfirst01(m): 10:13pm On May 14, 2020
[quote author=Geepee77 post=89552165]

Do we have a choice... The truth is a beggar has no choice, as human we always make use of the available.[/quot

We have enough qualified vet in the country. Last month when my puppy had parvo virus, I immediately called the usual vet guy to check up the puppy and urgently commence treatment.

I wasn't too comfortable with the treatment and I contacted my pharmacy brother who resides in another town. He told me point blank that he doesn't trust all those guys we refer to as vet and advised I observe the puppy condition for the first day of treatment and report back to him.

The following day the puppy health worsen and I was virtually chasing the so called vet guy with multiple calls and messages,only for him to show up at about 3pm for day two treatment.
I couldn't stand the nonchalant attitude and immediately place a call to my pharmacy brother who helped in consulting with his professional qualified vet friend. Surprisingly the qualified vet refuses to even prescribed any medication but gave two options 1. A pet ambulance service to pick up the puppy for immediate treatment which could cost about 50,000. 2. Referred a qualified vet within my environ for urgent treatment at the cost of 30,000 and initial deposit of 20,000 with survival chance of 50/50. I gladly accepted the second option. Long story short the puppy survived after 5days of intensive care by the referred vet.
Re: Help A Bro. by Geepee77(m): 10:32pm On May 14, 2020
[quote author=Godfirst01 post=89555674][/quote]

We actually do not have enough qualified vet, comparing the size of the country and the increase in dog rearing in Nigeria, most qualified vet reside in the popular city. What about the rural areas that they have dogs?

(1) (Reply)

*NEW* Female Slantback German Shepherd Puppy Available For Sale!!! / Adult Female Caucasian Shepherd Dog For Sale / Top Quality GSD Male Dog Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.