Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday (656 Views)

AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On Coronavirus / Buhari's Address To Incoming Minsters (Transcript) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by Wisefellow(m): 7:41am On Apr 28, 2020
In advent of this lockdown, I was waiting anxiously for President Buhari's address to the nation yesterday. Few minutes before the broadcast, I called my wife, younger sister and sister-in-law as well as my two children to the living room to watch the live address on Channels and luckily, public power supply was available.

At exactly 8pm, the national anthem started playing and ended. Next in display was motion footage of the sitted President M. Buhari about delivering his speech and suddenly, there was power outage in my area. Ahhh... we all screamed, as I rushed to put on the power generating set. It took about 8 minutes into the address before we joined owing to delay in decoder loading. During the address, my mother-in-law called from Osogbo, Osun state and my wife asked her if she was watching the president's live broadcast? She said no because there was power failure in her area immediately he started.

After the broadcast, a question came to mind; was the power outage a coincidence? I am curious to know if there was a similar experience in your neighbourhood that period.

#Staysafe
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by Olachase(m): 7:51am On Apr 28, 2020
same thing happened in my area both dopemu, Ikeja, cement and shasha.
something may be wrong somewhere.
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by vastolord4(m): 7:52am On Apr 28, 2020
My brother! Only Nepa can answer that question!
I ran my gen from 7:45pm yesterday just to waste my time in front of my TV. And my wife warned me

1 Like

Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by 1stola: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2020
Wisefellow:
In advent of this lockdown, I was waiting anxiously for President Buhari's address to the nation yesterday. Few minutes before the broadcast, I called my wife, younger sister and sister-in-law as well as my two children to the living room to watch the live address on Channels and luckily, public power supply was available.

At exactly 8pm, the national anthem started playing and ended. Next in display was motion footage of the sitted President M. Buhari about delivering his speech and suddenly, there was power outage in my area. Ahhh... we all screamed, as I rushed to put on the power generating set. It took about 8 minutes into the address before we joined owing to delay in decoder loading. During the address, my mother-in-law called from Osogbo, Osun state and my wife asked her if she was watching the president's live broadcast? She said no because there was power failure in her area immediately he started.

After the broadcast, a question came to mind; was the power outage a coincidence? I am curious to know if there was a similar experience in your neighbourhood that period.

#Staysafe
You wasted your time, money and energy for nothing..

God forbid I use my money to buy fuel to listen to that useless leader.
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by slyfox35(m): 9:11am On Apr 28, 2020
Wisefellow:
we all screamed, as I rushed to put on the power generating set.

#Staysafe
You rushed to put on the gen to watch Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by Tetrahedron: 9:11am On Apr 28, 2020
This shout out goes to APC and its cabals...

Well said “a true leader” Abraham Lincoln
I salute you Sir
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by edoairways: 9:26am On Apr 28, 2020
So unfortunate for you but not for others especially me. I didn't experience power cut throughout till 10p.m
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by Chikelue2000(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2020
Who has time to watch recorded movie of Buhari sitting at chair to address us....am tired of that man abeg
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by CYBERWEAVER(m): 10:09am On Apr 28, 2020
It happened in my area too, Nasarawa
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by Wisefellow(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
slyfox35:

...at this critical time of covid-19, Yes I did!
He is the President of federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by Wisefellow(m): 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]You wasted your time, money and energy for nothing..

All resources you mentioned was necessary to stay informed.

God forbid I use my money to buy fuel to listen to that useless leader.[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong. What happens to scripture that says " pray for your leaders and nation" if he is what you portray him to be?
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by Wisefellow(m): 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
And my wife warned me[/quote]

Lol
You must be a funny man...
Re: Power Outage As President Buhari Address The Nation Yesterday by Lovelive: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
slyfox35:

(1) (Reply)

SAD! The Newly Appointed Emir Of Rano Is Dead. / Security Men Struggles To Push Customers At The Access Bank Gate (video) / 195 New Covid 19 Cases, 534 Discharged And 104 Death, Total Case 3145

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.