Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 (6830 Views)

Bayelsa Election Tribunal Ruling : Seriake Dickson Urges For Calm / PDP Ward Congresses: Dickson Urges Party Leaders, Supporters To Support Diri / I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by AnonPoet: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2020
…DONATES N10M TO STATE COVID COMMITTEE

The Immediate past Governor of Bayelsa State, Rt.Hon, Seriake Dickson has called on Bayelsans to Support the Govenor of the state, His Excellency, Gov. Duoye Diri in the battle against the Novel Coronavirus.

He made this Remark at the Bayelsa State Capital , Yenogoa toady while briefing newsmen

See Remarks Below:

My attention has been drawn to the fact that the new NCDC statistics include a confirmed COVID 19 case in Bayelsa State.

This is in spite of all the sacrifices the people of Bayelsa have made, and the efforts that the Governor has made in trying to keep Bayelsa out of the COVID 19 web. This is indeed regrettable.

However, this shows that COVID 19 is now in Bayelsa and it is now time for all the leaders and the people to give concerted support to the Governor and state officials in the coordinated action against this deadly virus.

I want to lend my voice to call on the good people of Bayelsa to respect and abide by all the protocols outlined by the World Health Organisation, the Federal Government and the Government of Bayelsa State with respect to personal hygiene, social distancing and avoiding crowded places.

This pandemic is a world wide threat to the human society. All the segments of the Bayelsa society should join hand to support the Governor to educate our people on the danger this pandemic poses to our people so that we can minimize its spread as much as possible and reduce avoidable loss of lives.

If we restrict movement and respect the protocol, it would be easy for the state Government to work for our lives to come back to normal again. We should note that if more cases are discovered, the lock down will be in place for a longer period.

In addition to the several support measures I have given to individuals and groups across the state, the Henry Seriake Dickson Foundation is supporting the state COVID 19 Committee with the sum of N10 million.

Once again, I call on all leaders to support the Governor in the various measures he has taken. I also urge all the traditional rulers, religious leaders and opinion leader to encourage our people to abide by the protocol.

These measures come with a lot of inconveniences which are all regretted. Elsewhere in Abuja, Lagos and others, the situation is not different.

Signed:

The Honourable Henry Seriake Dickson
Former Governor of Bayelsa
State
https://leaders.ng/ex-gov-iamhsdickson-urges-bayelsans-to-support-gov-diris-measures-against-covid-19/

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Donlanray: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2020
Okay wooh! First to comment. Where is my entitlement, seun. I

1 Like

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Evaromantik(m): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2020
While you won't support their belly.

Mtcheeew!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Daniel058(m): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2020
cheesy
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Elvis2kay: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2020
Mercifully God open the Mind of a Black Race..

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by GeneralPula: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2020
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Flyboyk: 10:19am On Apr 28, 2020
Scam 10 million of the billions stolen , thief politician

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by HeadNigga: 10:19am On Apr 28, 2020
Naso
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Jeromejnr(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2020
People who usually compare Nigeria with other countries saying they are relaxing their lockdowns why can't we?

Why don't you check up on what is currently happening in Germany right now.

God help Nigerians. Especially Lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Ekakamba: 10:19am On Apr 28, 2020

Hope you won't deduct 25% of their salaries to fight Coro? grin tongue
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Authoreety: 10:19am On Apr 28, 2020
In what way haz he supported bayelsan since covid 19 outbreak...
Ndi ala
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by ignis: 10:20am On Apr 28, 2020
Only 10 million Naira?

Oga please go and collect your chicken change back.
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2020
shocked

The ineptitude of government in the last 5years and more have killed more Nigerian than any projected death of the virus.

So people, go out and live your normal life and be safety conscious just as you have always done by virtue of being born a Nigerian.
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2020
Just 10 million? Not impressed undecided

1 Like

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by SWORD419(m): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2020
This one too wan cash out grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by joshepade(m): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2020
Wait, support the government with my hard-earn money

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by OttHin: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2020
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by Sultty(m): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2020
Where that bubu zombie sef. from all of us from tongue tongue rotten meat distributor company happy lockdown
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by rawtouch: 10:22am On Apr 28, 2020
ok
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by AgroTrade: 10:22am On Apr 28, 2020
Someone decided to be fair with the national cake. Good one Dickson

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by TruthSpeaker: 10:24am On Apr 28, 2020
NICE GESTURE. HOPE THE ILLITERATE POPULATION OF THE STATE WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT COVID-19 IS ALL ABOUT?
YOUR STATE IS VERY RICH, BUT YOU GUYS SEEM TO BE NATURALLY SENSELESS. YOU HAD A PRESIDENT FOR OVER 5 YEARS BUT HE DID VERY LITTLE TO FACELIFT THE STATE.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by iCauseTrouble: 10:25am On Apr 28, 2020
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by koxyz: 10:25am On Apr 28, 2020
Oga, that money too small, please share the money make we dance.
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by PureGoldh(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2020
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by OGand99others: 10:25am On Apr 28, 2020
Nice one
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by frankmoney(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2020
Is it Dickson or diri that's the state governor
Re: Dickson Urges Bayelsans To Support Government's Measures Against COVID-19 by bustykasa(f): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2020
na the same people....mtcheeew

(1) (2) (Reply)

EDO 2020: See The Campaign Poster PDP May Use To Send Ize Iyamu Packing / Remembering Tunde Idiagbon / Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.